When will P-platers ever learn???

GReddy_ES

hi all..

just got back from dropping my gf at work when it all happened....oh..before i start..this is probably directed to the black sheeps of P-platers..no offence to the good sheeps.. :D

i'm sure most of the more experienced drivers would have encountered this before...u're just taking it nice and slow on a Sunday morning..when u see a small old car speeding up to ur tail..and as he gets closer..u notice the big P-plate on the windscreen...when will these young men ever learn to be more humble on the roads..imaging this..u're a p-plater driving an old bomb(the guy was driving an old beemer 3.18 small two door i think)...and u think u're the king of the world and can "eat" every car in sight just becos u floor ur pedals all the time..(from experience he shld be driving an auto..cos there was no "jerking" when chasing me again haha)...

anyway..he was on my tail when i was driving alongside this old van(on a two lane road..i was on the right lane)..so i just watched the 60km/hr speed limit and let him tail me..until i was clear of the "danger zone"(hotspot for the cops to hide on that stretch of road)...dropped a gear..and left him in smoke..took him by surprise i think cos it took awhile for him to accelerate and start chasing me..

anyhow..its not abt how much/well u can smoke someone..but respecting other pple/rides on the roads.I've been driving for almost 8yrs now..and even now..when i see a WRx or a Skyline coming up to me from behind..i'll just give way and let them pass..so i guess its more abt knowing ur limits..and esp for a p-plater..ur points are very precious..so keep them safe..dun think that just becos u're driving a fast car u can drive like a lunatic..

tts all for now..thanks for taking the time too read..i know its a bit lengthy...have a gd suday y'all :D

untill next time....

i appreciate the disclaimer at the top saying that this is only directed at the bad sheep.

the sad thing is, the bad sheep P platers will never learn. They are always going to think their freedom means they drive however they want, and the only way they learn is by losing their licenses or their lives. it sucks, but its just in the nature of a teenage male with control over a car.

all this crap the government brings in like not allowing P platers to drive turbos and things like that. i think its a waste of time, and the pansy cheap way out. i can get my 1973 Corolla with 36kw(ish) at the rear wheels to get to a speed in which i could die.

what i think the problem is: to get your Ps, you need to be able to manouver a vehicle through the roads. thats only half of driving. when something different happens (traffic changes quickly, car pulls out when it shouldnt, or even a quick aqua plane), how are you meant to know how to respond when you've never driven on your own before?

i think the government should stop stuffing around with how great they are for bringing in restrictions on the cars kids can drive, and start spending the important money in teaching kids how to react to hazards...

ive done an advanced driving course, and i still stand by my belief its gotten me out of plenty of accidents because i was taught exactly how to control my car in different scenarios and at different speeds.

anyway that was messy and im not thinking clearly... but thats what i think on your P plater issue.

yeap thats a pretty good point u made..its not abt the turbos or the huge v8s thats stopping them..i mean.. its good to stop them from driving such a powerful vehicle after just getting their licences cos the bottom line is like what u said..they can't control it..any car can go fast..but whether or not u can hande it is a whole new story..

saw an old bomb (P plater) FULL of young males, swerving and changing lanes where they werent supposed to, in pretty thick traffic no less, on the way out of the meet last night heading towards parramatta.

there should be a system in place that lets ordinary citizens have the power to dob in wreckless drivers on our roads. im sick of it

you do stupid stuff on the road in heavy traffic, you should pay a price

I dont care on age/sex/yrs of driving

There is a time and place for everything.

I know I do some stupid stuff on the roads, but i dont go out of way to cause trouble, like cutting everyone off

my 2 cents

saw an old bomb (P plater) FULL of young males, swerving and changing lanes where they werent supposed to, in pretty thick traffic no less, on the way out of the meet last night heading towards parramatta.

there should be a system in place that lets ordinary citizens have the power to dob in wreckless drivers on our roads. im sick of it

yeah i've had that a couple of times..just pisses me off..

You get bad drivers regardless of whether they are p platers of not. I feel at times they are unfairly targetted as a group as it only a small minority that are giving all on them a bad name.

Just last weekend I was on my way home from Mega Cruise when I was overtaken by a while Lancer with a Milo tin on the F6 freeway towards Wollongong. The female green P plate driver would have been going at ~135-140km/h at the time weaving in and out in pretty heavy traffic. Needless to say... she was pulled over 10 kms further up the road when she had reached to front of the pack of 25 or so car she was weaving through by the unmarked plice car that was tailing me for a period (though I didn't realise it was an unmarked car at the time, and was doing nothing wrong either).

At the same time, on the same road, I saw at least 20 other P platers all very well behaved. I remember seeing the p plates but don't remember any other specifics about the driver or the cars, except for a chick in a purple Excel who turned into the Nasho, she was cute... My point is, you only notice what is different. Had it been any other driver behaving that erratically I would have remembered them. Unfortunately it happened to be a female on her green Ps.

I don't believe there should. It's a system that is too open to bias and abuse.

I know where you are coming from...

but the difference here....

when i post a topic like this ...ppl say i have issues...

Its the way its worded and how people interpret the tone (as well as the language used).

There are many ways to say the same thing, some ways can be offensive, some ways may not be..... which is why we pay lawyers so much.

i've always felt that its wiser to behave urself on big cruises as there tends to be unmarked cops in the pack just waiting to strike

You get bad drivers regardless of whether they are p platers of not. I feel at times they are unfairly targetted as a group as it only a small minority that are giving all on them a bad name.

Just last weekend I was on my way home from Mega Cruise when I was overtaken by a while Lancer with a Milo tin on the F6 freeway towards Wollongong. The female green P plate driver would have been going at ~135-140km/h at the time weaving in and out in pretty heavy traffic. Needless to say... she was pulled over 10 kms further up the road when she had reached to front of the pack of 25 or so car she was weaving through by the unmarked plice car that was tailing me for a period (though I didn't realise it was an unmarked car at the time, and was doing nothing wrong either).

At the same time, on the same road, I saw at least 20 other P platers all very well behaved. I remember seeing the p plates but don't remember any other specifics about the driver or the cars, except for a chick in a purple Excel who turned into the Nasho, she was cute... My point is, you only notice what is different. Had it been any other driver behaving that erratically I would have remembered them. Unfortunately it happened to be a female on her green Ps.

thats very true..i totally agree..:)

Its the way its worded and how people interpret the tone (as well as the language used).

There are many ways to say the same thing, some ways can be offensive, some ways may not be..... which is why we pay lawyers so much.

Edited by GReddy_ES