Track day at Wakefield 05/08/2004

I am feeling real tempted here and i am not working that week. I live in Shellharbour and would probably take me 3-4 hours to get to Wakefield and i have never been there. Maybe i can meet up with Screaminrolla somewhere.. Will let you guys know..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also need to find out from you guys, i am a novice to the track scene and need to know what you guys do to prep up for it eg. extra engine oil for topping up after, better brake pads etc. I am calculating the costs and see if i can get the Stivo prepped before the 5th Oct. I drive a stock Stivo except a Strutbar and K&N filter mod so would be good to baseline with the GTI180 and ScreaminRollas Stivo.

Cheers,

Zee

I'll come along with Zee in the morning too I think but won't run (I'll decide on the day)... But I'll take some shots of you all. What say Zee and I join you at the Illawarra Highway connection to the Hume, should be there around 8:15-8:30 i'd say... hehehehe we get to run Maquarie Pass on the way :P :P :D :D :D

Hey ill be getting on the hume at narellan road so i might see you on the way down if not at the track cant wait :D  :D  :D

*clasps Hands mr Burns styles* Excelllent :D

Should be an awesome day

See ya there..... Hopefully it wont be fricken freezing this time :o

p.s If you got a stop watch bring one

Hey sounds like i may have to fight off a few Stivos on the day as.....CANT WAIT!!!!

Blue_Sportivo_VVTLi will not make it Tuesday the 5thOct. I will be meeting Dave on the humehwy.

My Stivo will be prepped with "nothing", i just had my 10,000km service done a month ago so should not have bits falling off, i hope :huh:

I will have the car better prepared the next time i turn up though, hopefully with some mods too. There is so much to look out for when we run the car on a track. I think i will get oil/water temp gauges the next time.

Hey Qui, what cars are your mates driving?

Just wondering too what happens if it starts to rain heavily? Will be unlikely but can happen.

Zee

Hey Qui, what cars are your mates driving?   

Just wondering too what happens if it starts to rain heavily?  Will be unlikely but can happen.

Zee

My "mates" so called has pulled out, one said his missus wouldnt let him (selling his Prelude Vti) the other an S15 nissan 200sx should still becoming... :unsure:

Rain......(prays that there isnt any :rolleyes: )

Unless its Bucketing down ill still be on the way, Wakefield rarely gets rain so if its a little wet it should still be good....

If it rains heavily whilst were there...... :huh: i might give it a go :P but we can just grab a coffee i guess.......... Hello aqua planning hehe

Reports state no rain so it should be good for go :D

sorry guys....

damn internal light was left on, my bad, couldn't get a jump start in time. Hope someone else was there to take some photos. Hope you all have a great day and some good times are posted... :D :D :D

Monday is a private booking for circuit club so im guessing hes going to watch

Yeah...Team GODSpeed is an affiliate with Circuit Club. Just went to watch with Influx. Awesome!!! E55 AMG's ARE QUICK!!!!

oh..and the r34 was quick..but...bad driver.

Renault Clio (exhaust)....vs WRX (worked)...damn...close race!

Yeah, at work right now..(5 Oct)...

the sportivo that did race (heheh...someone ALSO in TOCAU) did a 1:21.

Had a great day giving the stivo hell, it was really good to test out all my suspension mods which still werent good enough to keep up with the GTI 180 on semi slicks. Oh and the fuel consumption on the track for my stivo was close to 20L per 100ks.

Heres a couple of pics

PA050004.sized.jpg

PA050005.sized.jpg

PA050018.sized.jpg

PA050019.sized.jpg

PA050029.sized.jpg

Pics look great....

Zee's car look like it's got some serious lean in some corners, but the Pug looks like it sits sooooo flat in comparison to the stivos.... Whay have you done to it QD180?

Had a great day giving the stivo hell, it was really good to test out all my suspension mods which still werent good enough to keep up with the GTI 180 on semi slicks. Oh and the fuel consumption on the track for my stivo was close to 20L per 100ks.

Heres a couple of pics

Heya that was Quick...Nice pics turned out tops Dave... :P

Modswise for the frog, Yes Semi slicks Falken Azenis RT215, i strongly recommend give you so "much" more grip compared to street tyres.

Just beware of the rubber chunks that fly off, or inadvertanly get picked up... i had a massive peice attach itself to my left front throwing my steering out :angry:

Also a Green Cotton air filter...

Apart from that she's a great package already...not much to mess with :lol:

We didnt have anyone time us (should have though???) but viewing some of the video footage im definantly 1-2 seconds quicker than last ime :rolleyes:

but a 1.15 - 1.16ish would be close to it...

Not a bad day at the office at all....

Edited by QD180

Thanks Dave and Qui for your cameras and video recorder, the pics are awesome :D Cannot believe how much ROLL the stock Stivo has :o :o It felt that way though, i was being thrown around a fair bit trying to get away from or catch up to a Silver Stivo and a Blue Pug 206 :P I reckon we did good lap times out there today just by looking at the state of our tyres and the black lines we left on the track!!!

A Stivo did 1min21 yesterday at Wakefield and the fastest car was an Sti that did 1min17. Too bad we couldn't get actual lap times today but the day was great and i can now pinpoint the Sportivo's weaknesses and work on improving the car :)

Zee

A Stivo did 1min21 yesterday at Wakefield and the fastest car was an Sti that did 1min17.  Too bad we couldn't get actual lap times today but the day was great and i can now pinpoint the Sportivo's weaknesses and work on improving the car :)

Zee

Nah that was only one of the sessions... the wrx did 1:09... it had full racing slicks on... AMG E55 did 1:12

A 1min21 ain't bad at all, a Wheels mag in 1999 tetsted a Celica and they ran a 1min21 and that's a pro driving it. The DC2 Type-R in that comparo did a 1min18, Civic Vti-R 1min23, Pug Gti 1min23, Pulsar SSS 1min24, Proton Satria Gti 1min24. Tuned turbo cars and prestige cars are out of our leaque, maybe a stock WRX and Type-R would be fun to run against.

How did you go against the S2000 T-sport?

A Stivo did 1min21 yesterday at Wakefield and the fastest car was an Sti that did 1min17.  Too bad we couldn't get actual lap times today but the day was great and i can now pinpoint the Sportivo's weaknesses and work on improving the car :)

Zee

Nah that was only one of the sessions... the wrx did 1:09... it had full racing slicks on... AMG E55 did 1:12

There was also a Porsche and a V8 Maloo Ute out there. Interestingly, the Maloo couldn't really catch up to the Qui's Pug Gti180 and my Stivo when we were battling hard, and the Maloo finally buckled trying to push too hard and went off road. Maybe he is new to the Ute and Wakefield is a tough track for such high powered RWD cars. We also had a few laps with the Porsche and it only had the advantage in the straights. I went slightly off road a few times pushng too hard to get away from him :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA