Melbourne Meet

There will be more pics to come, the trip to Lorne was good, some nice pics from Ted's lookout, great day :) , had fun all the way to lorne trying to keep up with the Rex, and E-Gene. Good to see a few girls along too :D cheers.

Check the Gallery for more pics

u can always spot e-gene, ay? :lol:

Well, I guess being the only white Stivo on this forum in Melbourne, it kinda makes me stick out a little. Besides, we had Chong's electric blue WRX leading us, so he was prolly easier to spot then I am. :lol:

wow 11 sportivos! awesome! wot else did u guys do? wish i could of made it

Melbourne_am.sized.jpg

that is a pretty sight!

i just printed off a few copies of peckers pic above with our URL plastered on it, gonna keep em in the car, so i can whack it on any sportivos i see :lol:

i wonder, is there any chance of getting some sort of banner on this forum, perhaps a cropped version of the picture above?

OK, let me attempt to do a round up of what happened today and show the Sydney-siders what a real meet and real photos (well-lit) are like. :lol:

We met up at 10:30am at Toyota HQ in Port Melbourne where we all quickly proceeded to chat and meet any new guys and say hi to all the old ones. Of course we all started to check out each others cars and prolly what stood out was of course Peekay's new wheels (very nice :D ). We also welcomed 2 echos that joined us there.

We then proceeded to arrange all the cars outside the HQ entrance to take photos. Thanks to the girls who quickly brought to our attention that we should set up the cars according to colour. Artivo then quickly snapped some photos on his digital slr. We also got all the drivers together and took a group photo. (There was a Vectra in the way and the security guy from Toyota quickly came to move it out from our photos. Very nice of him :D )

Some drivers then had to leave but some of us proceeded to KFC on Todd Rd to have lunch. After a hearty meal, the hardcore ones (namely sport1vo + girl, Andrew WRX Chong, lucio_libre + girl, Artivo + girl and myself) then proceeded to head onto the GOR. Next stop, Torquay.

After a short break in Torquay and a brush with some guys from what looks like a Ford Ute club, we proceeded to Lorne. The road there was great, many twist and turns to test our "great" handling cars. It's here that I really get a chance to test my new rear sway bar...very nice.

So a Mazda3 and Pulsar later, we got to Lorne stopped for a cuppa coffee and that's where we met another car club, the Geelong Holden car club with their classic Holdens (Sandman, Torana, and other cars that sprt1vo would recognise better than me). They had nice club shirts as well. We also met a potential new female member. She came up to us to ask about our cars and told us that she's got a silver one as well. She was keen to check out the forum as she's got plans to lower the car, add a CAI, etc. If you are reading this...welcome! :D

Anyway, Lucio then lead us to a really nice look out point where we took more photos with each other (not the cars for a change) and then we said our goodbyes and headed for home around 430pm.

Phew...that was a quick recollection of what happened today. A VERY beautiful day for a cruise on the GOR and every club, car, bike and even dog was out today.

For those who didn't get to join us, there'll be another time, but I'm sure that I don't speak for myself when I say that we all had a great time. Well, I know I did. Thanks to those who came in the morning, and for the GOR drive. :D

Shao

I took that particular shot in high res 5mp ( Not Pecker ! ), so it should come up pretty good in a3 size.

If anyone wants a high res copy, PM your e-mail address to me along with what format you'd like it in (photoshop, jpeg, TIFF etc) and I'll send it along.

cheers !

Hi Guys,

:P The day, was great! Especially the drive into GOR. :D

I got to "drive" my car and really appreciate the power and handling of our vehicles. Can't wait until i get afew performance mods. However, it wasn't nice when the 'rex' just destroyed me on the bridge going past Geelong. :ph34r:

Wonderful day, weather was perrrrrfect for driving. For those that didn't attend the drive to GOR with us, you MISSED OUT BIG TIME! :blink:

As E-Gene already mentioned we all got to "play" a little on the roads with other vehicles, the Ford Utes near Geelong were all "P"s I think.

The only low point on the day was driving back and being STUCK!!!!!! behind a 4WD family vehicle with no safe passing opportunities! :angry: Oh well, in retrospect, should have just stopped the car and waited 10 minutes then play catch-up ahahahahah. :lol: ;)

I'll try to post my pics as soon as I can alittle busy at the moment. Might pass the entire CD to E-Gene later this week. :ph34r:

Cheers ALL.

Artivo :blink:

well done guys. sunny weather and sounds like a great time. sorry i did not make it and thanks sport1vo for organising it.

i booked a garage and could not miss it. i spent the afternoon removing my coilovers and i put in toyota sportivo suspension. it was easy! a hoist and air wrench is very helpful.

izzfe coilovers on sale because i am saving up to go overseas.

a member here said to me upgraded sway bars make up for inadequecies in springs and shockers and i really feel this too. there is a huge difference now back on factory suspension.