power up!

Getting my new exhaust done tomorrow. Genie header 4-2-1, redback catback exhaust 2.25' with sports muffler. Finally good news for my AEM cold air intake, its coming down.

Going to dyno today for std base power, tomorrow another run with the new exhaust.

Wish me luck guys, lets see what 1ZZ-FE potential.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here we go, dyno chart will be posted soon. I got 75kw at the wheels for today dyno. TOmorrow after fitting exhaust I will do another run and see how it goes. After that, AEM CAI should be fitted within this week or next week, then another run.

Today Dyno is based on standard. I only got K&N drop in filter and free flow 3A racing muffler.

I went to F1 something, can't remember, but its at blackburn. 10 Alfred st. Its a Dyno Dynamics Shootout. The shop actually tune holden and ford, and I was the only Corolla owner there. GULP! But very nice service, highly reccomended

80kw with just cat back yes? I was just looking for 85kw to 87kw. I heard its best when your car is on good condition. My car is 39500km and due to service. Doesn't matter though, i will install every bits before service.

The difference u ask? HELL YES!

From low to mid u can already feel it, from mid to top, boy its smooth. the top is not much different. As u can see from the graph, that explains everything.

When i first took it for a test drive with TRD141, oh man its soo smooth. New muffler sounds so good, so quiet and grunt when u push it. The thing just flies man!

I reckon if I install free flowing muffler, i would get better kw. But no way man, i love this, tourqe and kw jump in mid is damn good!

I seriously had no idea. But CAI is meant to help top end, so that's what i am looking for too. Both the dude from dyno and the dude from exhaust shop told me I really should wait until the exhaust settle down, from there on, there will be more gain. My car also need service so maybe more power too.

To be honest, I love this mod so much, cost me 650 bucks and its sweet. I was kinda hoping for increase in kw too, but oh well, I guess its the way it is :P

Oh, whoever gonna install genie header into their 1zz, don't be scared when u see how big they are compared to 1zz std one. the std is soooo short both I and those mecs were worried it will not fit. But it will and it will fit perfectly.

$650.00... Bargain considering useful gain in midrange, which is where I do almost all my driving, I hardly ever go into high end. I might get the exhaust guy's details from you soon Danz...

How much were the headers alone ?

Yes, I need that to regain some pride... :lol: But I must say that Danz is definitely a better driver, even if he doesn't have a "better" car. Nice mods dude, gotta drive you car one day to really feel what the difference is. It would have done well doen the GOR on Sunday. :D

Had no idea bro. But this is what i get. Genie 4-2-1 header, new resonator and new muffler plus the chrome tips, all for 650 bucks inc fittings. The std header is 4-1 set up, never knew that.

good stuff Danz! :) :)

did you get new piping as well? ie 2.25" cat back piping etc.?