power up!

OK here we go, dyno chart will be posted soon. I got 75kw at the wheels for today dyno. TOmorrow after fitting exhaust I will do another run and see how it goes. After that, AEM CAI should be fitted within this week or next week, then another run.

Today Dyno is based on standard. I only got K&N drop in filter and free flow 3A racing muffler.

Hi Guys

My name is Shailen. I am from South Africa. I have a RunX RSi, same as your Sportivo. I cannot believe that the car is pushing 75kw on the wheels. Is that right? My RunX has a 63mm customised exhaust only and with my new ECU from toyota is pushing 101kw on the wheels at the reef altitude.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shalen, with your 63mm exhaust piping, do u notice any improvement? I heard the T-Sports exhaust is already good and changing the exhaust diametre would make it lose power, is that true? And is your's catback system? 63mm is 2.5 inch right?

Its great to see the 1zz's finally rising!

I bet the exhaust does sound great, id be interested in the headers too now to go along with my remus exhaust (same as IZZ-FE)

Sometime next year il be getting my hands on a supercharger, just gotta find somewhere good to buy it and somewhere good to insure me!

Skitzo

I noticed in the latest Hot4's (1st copy I've ever bought) Penrith Toyota are advertising the izz-fe s/c kit for $4,500. Don't know if that's installed though. Where did Grimlock get his ?

i remember skitzo getting his from usa. i hear blitz has a supercharger too.

ahh hot 4s is out! did you see exclusive in it? i am going for a copy now.

Shalen, with your 63mm exhaust piping, do u notice any improvement? I heard the T-Sports exhaust is already good and changing the exhaust diametre would make it lose power, is that true? And is your's catback system? 63mm is 2.5 inch right?

Well, there is a considerable improvement low down and especially on Top-end. 63mm is 2.25' and i have removed the cat.

GO DANZ!!!!!!! your car has more potential to mods man, the sportivo is very well strung up, the only problem is you have to spend heaps of cash just to get to the sportivo level. Even a s/c wouldnt get you 140kw, although you would kill it in the torque figures, and then there is the fun factor of lift, people always forget that for some reason. It's like, simply put, hitting an afterburner.

Being a curious person I am looking forward into installing back my free flow type muffler, but tha;ts later on after the CAI is in. Free flow gives better Hi-end power but sacrifice low end. I am not 100 percent sure about this, but that's what's on my mind right now. Since I have flanges on the muffler piping, there is no problem switching between sports and free flow muffler, although i need to make a match piping for the free flow muffler. I just want to see how will it affect my car :)

Oh I almost forgot, if u get the genie header, u will have to make new cat back piping since the header is longer than std. The only thing left standard is the Catalytic convertor, the mech reccomended me not to change it unless i work out the engine. So hi flo cat is on the list too for future refrence :)

I hope my R&D for this car will help all of you 1ZZ-FE owners :)

Danz - wouldn't mind lining up next you one day to see a 2nd gear rolling start comparison between yours and mine (almost stock except for rear muffler).

By the way the S/C kit is actually $5,600 - I made a mistake earlier.

Excellent ! - Next meet up Danz, lets see how much you pull away from me (at least 1/2 a car length easy).

Grimlock - Did Penrith do the tune for you as well or did you have to go elsewhere for that ? Also - does the S/C kit have an integrated oil cooler for the S/C that sits in front of the radiator?

Yeah sure sure. I'm getting the monting fix asap, still not perfect yet in that area, but is all good, as long as I don't drag it.

Yeah just do the test. U can also try my car and compare. And if you're happy, let's get it done into your car ;) Your muffler is Remus right? I think that may well give better peformance.