side door panel and rear boot handle

Has no one who had the corolla asscent tried pulling out the black outer side door panels out? As i can see it is only glued to the body of the car, but just wondering if there is any screws in the middle? Also has anyone tried pulling out the black boot handle where you open the boot? Getting sick of the miss match colour on those two things on the car. Or is it better to find a panel shop to paint it for me rather than do it myself?

Been searching through the forum, but no luck..

Thanks..

Has no one who had the corolla asscent tried pulling out the black outer side door panels out? As i can see it is only glued to the body of the car, but just wondering if there is any screws in the middle? Also has anyone tried pulling out the black boot handle where you open the boot? Getting sick of the miss match colour on those two things on the car. Or is it better to find a panel shop to paint it for me rather than do it myself?

Thanks..

With regards to the door panels, eggbert and blue_rolla just did it like 2 weeks ago. There is no screws just glue. Try peeling it off on a warm, sunny day like today!! I have no idea about the boot handle tho.

Thanks..

With regards to the door panels, eggbert and blue_rolla just did it like 2 weeks ago. There is no screws just glue. Try peeling it off on a warm, sunny day like today!! I have no idea about the boot handle tho.

Cool, thats what i want to know... thanks LiMz Rolla ;)

the mouldings on my car came off the first week. you do have to be careful because there is the risk of the glue too strong and lifting up the paint. but i have not seen that.

as for the boot garnish it is held on by 2 bolts you need a socket to loosen them. next there are 2 white clips which you need to squeeze together and then push through the hole.

after you have it painted you can add blobs off black silicone to the holes before inserting the garnish again if you want to be extra safe that it is water proof since you took it apart to get painted.

the thing that i always used to remove the glue residue is meguiars bug and tar remover. there is a canadian/american product called goo gone if you can find it.

looks much better than having those black panels... Just took one side off, the glue on it is still very new so it doesn't really stick onto the car too much...

Now i have to work on the the boot lol :clap:

the mouldings on my car came off the first week. you do have to be careful because there is the risk of the glue too strong and lifting up the paint. but i have not seen that.

as for the boot garnish it is held on by 2 bolts you need a socket to loosen them. next there are 2 white clips which you need to squeeze together and then push through the hole.

after you have it painted you can add blobs off black silicone to the holes before inserting the garnish again if you want to be extra safe that it is water proof since you took it apart to get painted.

the thing that i always used to remove the glue residue is meguiars bug and tar remover. there is a canadian/american product called goo gone if you can find it.

so to have access to the 2 bolts, i need to take the entire plastic thing off the boot door?

sorry i was talking about the sedan. if yours is a hatch i have not seen but my guess is yes you need to remove the plastic trim. you might as well do that and take a look what is behind there for reference. if there is nothing then you could probably pull the boot garnish off from the outside but if you find something is on the back securing it then of course you need to remove it to free the boot garnish.