Do you guys get this annoying vibration???

Heyguys,

I was wondering do any of you guys get a vibrating noise comming the the window when its down lets say, half way?? Coz for me im getting it and its annoying? how can i get rid of this?? Put extra padding inside the trim???

Cheers all :rolleyes:

Hey bro, try using Dynamat.

no doubt you've heard of it, its a sound deadener usually used to stop vibration, reduce distortion and enhance your sound system atmosphere inside the car. i havent done it yet but i plan to soon coz i do get a few vibrations in my car, none really noted from having the window halfway down. i was going to do it when installing my sound system, but i (and many) would still recommend it for reducing vibrations inside the doors.

you may need some help installing it if you plan to do it correctly, pulling the whole door apart including windows. but i warn u it can be expensive...

look into it anyways. any good auto/car audio store will stock dynamat.

hope this helps

-ted

Sound deadening might not completly fix the problem though, a bit of trial and elimination here. But it would no doubt help. Any chance that your window itself is loose from the power window mechanism? Might need some tightening as they do get a bit loose after sometime.

Yeah I think my windows vibrate as well, not sure though cuz I either have my windows all the way up/down.

Ill keep an ear out for you with the windows half down and see what h happens.

If after going through all what the people here recommended and it still rattles. Could meet up and I'll show you one last thing that you could do to stop it rattling. I've taken my door trim off so many times I've lost count just to bloody get rid of the rattles. But now the door prolly weighs about 10kgs more....lol

:D Ive realise before taking my front speakers out before that the spungee thing which cushions the is wearing out? could this be the reason even though i doubt it, coz i dont think that spunge does alot.

But tighting anything would help i think..

Suprathai i dont have you number no more, since i got a new simcard can you pm me please....

thanks mate :D

PS next year my sound system should be done, Focal Polygalss v165 splits....muahhahaha cant wait....

cheers guys :clap:

Ive been driving with my driver and back right passenger window half way and dont seem to notice any rattling. But I usually only drive on freeways so its not a real bumpy road.

• 4 weeks later...

How about that helicopter noise that happens when you open one of the rear windows half way by itself at speed? It's crazy! Pretty sure that one's caused by the pressure.

P.S. Ok I'm gonna come right out and say it - Steve, what the hell is your signature all about? That half-faced guy looks ready to kick some @ss. Also what does "Ban.... Kai!" mean?

Edited by Tayles