97-98 Corolla sedan

Gday ALL..

Reason why i called this thread 97-98 Sedan is because;

Thats what model Corolla i am AFTER!!..

I have noticed majority of the members cars are quite modern and what i am after seems to be like me,,back in Cave Men days..

Can ANYONE please tell me.....If that model is anygood or not as its also a preferred model by my boss{mrs} :rolleyes:

I look forward to your replies..

Craig / Shags

Cheers Rolla..

Yes was looking at the 1.8 litre anyway..

Besides,i have a 3 yr old 13 foot Tinny to tow,so i will have to go to the bigger engine.

Cant wait,,then i can go back to my pup stage {young sorry}..lol...

Get the mags i want,,lower it,,tint the windows,,sportz wheel,,2 in ch exaust ETC.,,,,may even through in a blow up doll,,,for cumpany out on cruises..LOL...joke!!

Craig/Shags

*coughs to draw attention to Charlene...*

The 102 is a very underrated car, stuck between the SX and Twinkies, and the Sportivos. Unfortunately, this means that aftermarket stuff is quite limited, but thats ok because it's a pretty good car anyway. The 7A mightn't be the firebrand that a 4AGE is, but when you think about it it's got some potential - same power and more torque than a bigport, just with less ability to rev. Base suspension is solid (independent all-round, unlike newer ones), bigger brakes than an SX (and with less kerb weight too), plenty of room inside and in the boot, and most people will think that it's a granny driving (if you like the sleeper look).

I've driven mine for 3-odd years now, and it's just ticked over 265,000km and still going strong, purely on dealer servicing. Never broken down, never overheated, worst thing that has happened has been a couple of dodgy batteries and some brainless ******* sticking road tar in the door-locks. It's slowly receiving mods as I receive money, so it's currently got head-unit and speakers, mags, seat covers and headlights, but still stock suspension and engine components.

If you want to transform it completely, a full suspension makeover will turn it into a real corner carver. New struts and lowered springs all-round, plus rollbars to match, will make a world of difference, and there's plenty you can play around with in the engine department. One of my mates is in the running-in stage of his rebuilt worked 7A, and he says the difference is amazing. A nice clean guard-located cold air intake and full exhaust really livens up the engine, and thats without even touching internals

Take a look at his ride if you want any tips, he's on Twincam (username Davo), I'd post a link but Twincam is down at the moment for some weird reason

How deep are your pockets?

Bazda in Nz is running a 7agte (7afe block, 4age head, custom rods, pistons, massive turbo), Turning out 337FWkw.

Runs 10's or 11's or something stupid... Funny what a well built engine, lots of boost, and slicks will do at a drag strip :D.

EDIT: Sorry for potentially de-railing

4afe arnt THAT bad, just need to be in the right gear at the right time :).

Edited by Cozmo

Bazda in Nz is running a 7agte (7afe block, 4age head, custom rods, pistons, massive turbo), Turning out 337FWkw.

He's also running a 20V head, not your normal standard 16V one....

i learnt in one. that was the driving instructors car

the 5-speed manual was a charm to drive and relly put down the power (wot it had) when you needed it.

I was one of the lucky ones when it came to learning to drive. the instructor took me out on a open bit of road and we did some emergency braking and turning. *** damm, it did a great little job.

good to hear shags, hopefully if the sydney crowd goto kiama for a cruise, you can meet us there with ya car

Hiro: whats your point? 20v's in nz arnt excacty uncommon....

but yeh, im sure it flows better in boosted apps (if thats what you were getting at).

Edited by Cozmo

Hiro: whats your point? 20v's in nz arnt excacty uncommon....

but yeh, im sure it flows better in boosted apps (if thats what you were getting at).

Most people, when talking about 7AGEs, are referring to 16V ones, as they're the ones that use Porsche 944 timing belts. I think the 20V ones use something a bit weirder, like a Lada or something. It's also a blacktop, which is a heck of a lot more common in NZ than here (silvertops aren't that hard to get a hold of here, but blacktops are worth their weight in gold)