Lift at its best

semil

• 2 weeks later...

:o :o :o :o

I WANT I WANT!!

Heyz is this possible as a DIY?! if sooooo i wanna know how...cause i'm sick of the full red tooz....its too common dese days... <_<

Unfortunately you can't mod the Aus dash to do this.

The backing plate on the dash ( black part which the LEDs send light through ) is basically composed of 3 layers laminated together. In the tacho and speedo part there is a RED layer, so any light coming through will ALWAYS be red. On a US or JDM dash you may not have this layer, so changing the backlight LEDs might work.

Just replace the whole unit if this is the case. Can't be to expensive people spend more at maccas drive through these days.

Eh? replace the whole thing? U mean the whole Tacho? or all the LEDs to another colour?

Hmmm if i can only change the whole thing.....maybe might just go to white then....like the Levins...They're dash is nice..... ^_^ B) :)

Just replace the whole unit if this is the case. Can't be to expensive people spend more at maccas drive through these days.

Eh? replace the whole thing? U mean the whole Tacho? or all the LEDs to another colour?

Hmmm if i can only change the whole thing.....maybe might just go to white then....like the Levins...They're dash is nice..... ^_^ B) :)

Looks very nice, great idea

• 3 months later...

I recall reading somewhere on matrixowners that it's been software edited to change the colour.

I guess if you really want this sort of stuff you could always buy an xede shift led in bright blue and mount it up in the instrument cluster.

• 5 weeks later...

yeah would be an awesome mod....saw it ages ago on yout tube, i read about this mod being done on some of the early Hondas with Vtec, istead of dash lights though they tapped into the ECU wires that controlled when lift kicked in and created a box(****smith electrical box) fitted with LED's and then a stencil of "VTEC-YO" which fitted in the dash below the radio, in the storage space......looked pretty good in the mag, when lift kicks in it lights up in red "VTEC YO" quite funny.....i think mod cost like 50 bux or so and a bit of knowledge.....willing to splice into ecu etc

cheers

Love it.... :clap:

Looks like a great idea, has any one managed to get it done in Aus yet?

It would be really good if you could have 3 colours.... LOL

Eg,

0.00 - 5.99K RPM = Blue

6.00 - 7.95K RPM = Red

7.96 - 8.10K RPM = White/Yellow/what ever colours you want (you get the idea)

Can this be done our has it been confirmed that it can't be done on the Aus models?

If it can be done, how much are we looking at and what is involved?

Regards

Fudge :P

• 2 months later...

:o :o :o :o

I WANT I WANT!!

Heyz is this possible as a DIY?! if sooooo i wanna know how...cause i'm sick of the full red tooz....its too common dese days... <_<

Unfortunately you can't mod the Aus dash to do this.

The backing plate on the dash ( black part which the LEDs send light through ) is basically composed of 3 layers laminated together. In the tacho and speedo part there is a RED layer, so any light coming through will ALWAYS be red. On a US or JDM dash you may not have this layer, so changing the backlight LEDs might work.

AWWW so it cannot be done?

or someone hasnt have the time to fiddle around with the dash yet?

LOL :(