Dimming lights...while shifting

Came home from work, hit lift going into second gear...but my headlights have dimmed when engaging second.

Anyone experience this in their sportivo??

I think its time to change to 0 gauge ground cable from the battery!!

Is 0 gauge overkill though :huh:

Hahaha crazy!

When I drive at night with the doof doof turned up loud, my lights tend to beat slightly with the music/bass/woofer (if you get what I mean). Time for a capacitor?

0-gauge cable? You HATE resistance! Hahahaha :lol:

EDIT: just remembered a quote from Azza: "Remember, your ground wire can never be too thick!" or something along those lines. Is 0-gauge overkill Az?

Edited by Tayles

But that would provide a much better path, low resistance and all. I was thinking of going 0ag from the battery to a Distribution block and then ground it around the engine bay at a few points with 4ag wire. I've seen those so called grounding kits that the people over at 9th gen use....its ugly.

Anyone have experience with those grounding or voltage stabilizer kits?? Do they actually work??

Would just changing all the current grounding wires into something more bigger be sufficient? Ensuring of course that the contact points are sanded back

cheers

removing the paint down to metal underneath the existing ground points works very well. Alternatively jaycar sell gold negative battery terminals that have four 8G and one 4G fittings built in. You can run the 4G to the chassis and then the 4G to points on the motor.

Also dims when hitting the brakes a bit too hard or using the windows........time to upgrade the the grounding around the chasis.

IIRC the current cable from the battery to the chasis is already 4ag, so going to 2ga or even 0ga would be better...although 0ag might be a bit of a PITA when moving things around it.