Purolator Filters

neK

http://esvc000406.wic001ss.server-shop.com...op?idProduct=17

Are these the ones Rollamods and Pippy are talking about?

$22 for 12?? WTF?

I use Purolator on my good engines now.

They've come out in front in build quality, flow and filtration in quite a few independant tests now.

Ps, I haven't been able to find any visual difference between the Nippon and Thai Genuine Denso filters that I've cut apart.

I imported 24 of them from the states, worked out around $5ea.

Then does $22 for 12 sound right? Cos Autobits (Robbo's Spares) is about 2 min walk from my house.... ill go buy em if they are the right ones.

PS: Started a new thread cos i didnt want to trash someone else's for sale thread. :)

Edited by neK

they sure so.

If you're concerned with your toyota engine warranty then you have to stick with genuine parts.

The filters pictured aren't purolators top of the line filter, but they are still a bit better than the genuine filter for the 1zzfe.

You can check Purolators website for a rundown on their product range.

i thought you were allowed to use any oil filter without voiding your warranty....

Dont most mechanics (as well as the major franchises like Ultra Tune) use generic oil filters such as Ryco?

So how can they advertise that it doesnt void your warranty?

Use of these will not void your warranty....

Your warranty will be void however should something go wrong as a result of using the filter...

I sell everthing from the Ryco to the Purolator series,even the AC delco alternatives..Mechanics & franchisees alike have used them to do genuine services on every make & model,Purolator in our point of view,are a great economy filter but compared to Ryco,Ac delco even the geniune filter are a better way to go qualitywise & durability,Personally ive never used anything other than geniune

Cheap is good, but when it comes to looking after certain aspects on my car there are some things i personally wouldnt skint on,even a oil filter,stick to quality Genuine filters

you need to cut open a few filters and read the results of some of the independant tests. The genuine toyota filters could do a lot better in the filtration department.