My Pains

hey guys..

i know we have all gone through this a million times but i was yet to experience the pain that some of you,, or all of you have gone through..

at 15,000km i can honestly say my stivo is driving like ****!!!! i have done no modifications as of yet bar putting a sound system in..

problems i am facing:

1. start with the infamous gear selector cable.. yeah,,, hmmmm :angry:

2. my car is now wanting to not drive in the middle of the road, ( i do tyre pressure pretty much every week,, and there all the same... ) y is it moving to the left.. :(

3. sitting inside the car with no music on or anything just driving along,, the inside cabin is so so so loud,, the rear hatch i believe may have something to do with that. :(

4. further more only today i notice that when i turn a right corner it feels as if my front left shock has died,, it feels like the whole chasis is bending over the wheel.. (tough to understand) :blink::unsure:

ok now i ask for your help...

since the 20,000km is coming up can you advise me on what i should be asking to get done, cost is now not an issue i just want my car to drive like car,, and later on like a rocket..

please help.....

any assistance will be better than none..

:D

1. start with the infamous gear selector cable.. yeah,,, hmmmm :angry:

2. my car is now wanting to not drive in the middle of the road, ( i do tyre pressure pretty much every week,, and there all the same... ) y is it moving to the left.. :(

3. sitting inside the car with no music on or anything just driving along,, the inside cabin is so so so loud,, the rear hatch i believe may have something to do with that. :(

4. further more only today i notice that when i turn a right corner it feels as if my front left shock has died,, it feels like the whole chasis is bending over the wheel.. (tough to understand) :blink::unsure:

Can't help you on 1, mention it to the service place and wait for the fix like everyone else I spose.

As for the others, 2 and 4 just sound like wheel balance and alignment to me. If it's seriously out this can also cause noise, which would conveniently explain 3 too :)

- Matthew

Ok mate, when you go for your next 20,000, ask them to check the shock absorber, more than likely its stuffed, i had mine replaced as it made a weird thumping noise. The gear selector cable i cant help, mine is fine. The steering, well mine pulls to the left also slightly, ill have to see a whel aligner for that. As for noise, yeah shes a noisy little bugger, but thats what you gotta expect, i mean it spins at 3400 doing 100kph.

Sportiv,

I suggest this....

Write down all the problems you've been experiencing on paper.

Before the 20k service is due, call the dealership where you normally get your car serviced and inform them of the problems you have and then request to have a 'senior' mechanic or supervisor to actually drive the car with you so that they acknowledge those problems and can immediately suggest a fix.

This won't be possible on a Saturday or after hours as the seniors don't work at that time.

Have these noted by the supervisor/senior and then book in to have the work carried out when the service is due.

If you don't get one of them to acknowledge the problems, they'll just say everything is normal.

When my right shock was stuffed i had to take it back to the dealer 3 times before they changed it, that took over a month in total, i wouldnt wait till the 20000Km service. Do it now so u prevent unnecessary wear and tear on the parts

have now got another concern,, im going to take it in.. next weekish..

i notice that say im driving about 80+km in 5th and now when i put my foot down sometimes there will be dead set no response....

any answers

i know this sound sreal obviosu but have you done a wheel alignment since you got the car.

the shocks and ?a pin in the drive train have bene known to give for no reason

the answer to your no response is that you are supposed to be down 2 gears...... and in lift. it is a new type NA. it needs to be revved to perform.

that is all

the gear select problem fix is on its way. and it is so hard to be patient.

hang in there buddy