Conic filter on air box

3zzfe

I don't you'll get one to fit in without butchering your airbox, which don't want to do because they cost about $400.

I don't know about the availability of such a part in Italy, but you're better off removing the airbox completely and finding a MAF adaptor which can fit your sensor and you can fit the filter to.

@Suprathai: a filter of 160mm lenght and 60mm of diameter will fit

@IZZ-FE: I want to maintain the airbox with a conic filter in order to don't take a warm air!!

This is what I want to do....

radunolegnano2504040011ag.jpg

I was about to say it can be done, and now you have real life picture.

I was about to do this also, before christmas eve, but local Autobarn need to order in the shape, angle and size of the K&N filter, so I couldnt be bothered. But hey, someone beats me to it and boy that looks great.

REVIEW PLEASE.

Oh what filter is that by the way?

Edited by Danz

I think you'll need to remove the white airflow straightner to fit it though. If you do the MAF sensor may give funny readings because of turbulance.

Danz you have an AEM CAI, why would you do this?

but for your opinion is a good idea or not?

May I have a turbulence on MAF sensor with a conic filter?

What is the best: panel filter or a conic filter in airbox in order to isolate it by the warm air of the radiator...... or a CAI (but for this I'm not sure of his functionality)

ive read in some car magazines that CAI filters have to be boxed in order to be legal (here in NSW anyway - have i been misinformed?).

so what your thinking about has been done b4 and it may or may not be better than the regular panel filter.

my guess is that it simply wouldnt perform as well as installing a CAI.

i was bout to modify my intake pipe to improve airflow but so many ppl in here keep raving bout CAI that decided im not gonna mess with the intake (besides the K+N panel filter i got 4 free) unless i got the $$$ for a decent CAI.

but yea if this mod turns out 2 perform as well as a normal CAI then id probebly follow your lead.

good luck with it!

I think you'll need to remove the white airflow straightner to fit it though. If you do the MAF sensor may give funny readings because of turbulance.

Why is that, you have not changed anything other then the filter?

a more factory look maybe. You wouldn't get the SRI roar though because the boxing would muffle it.

@Suprathai: a filter of 160mm lenght and 60mm of diameter will fit

@IZZ-FE: I want to maintain the airbox with a conic filter in order to don't take a warm air!!

This is what I want to do....

radunolegnano2504040011ag.jpg

hmmmm im impressed with this idea.. looks good and obviously to those that pop the bonnet looks very standard, i take it that you just leave the base of the box off... who's car is this on by the way?? any reviews would be good - looks like a very cheap yet possibly effective way for nice induction.. thumbs up :clap:

Brain was being creative, due to insane amount of lavazza espresso and countless Marlboro. Ahaha.

I was bored and then I found out about K&N ranges of filters, which available in many2 sizes inc small ones that will fit into the box. So I thought why not try, esp that day was boxing day so autobarn sells cheap, but unfortunately they need to order it so I coudln't be bothered.