Mounting Gauges

ar44

I am about to get some super cheap DEFi BF gauges; oil temp, oil pressure and water temp. Anyway im just wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to mount them? The idea of sticking them onto the dash is my last resort. Im not interested in mounting them on the A-pillar. So has anyone installed gauges in their corolla or anyone have ideas to share?

p.s. these are the gauges im getting, if it helps --> http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defishop/pro.../bf/bf_top.html

Thanks

Edited by ar44

seems that the only 2 options you have is the a pillar or on top of the dash?

unless you wanna hack away at the storage space above the ashtray and stick them there.

i saw someone on the forums install gauges in a 1din space just above (or was it below) their aftermarket stereo? it was all 1 peice and fit in the 1 din space.

Anyone seen any meter hoods for the corolla? I know it doesnt seem likely with the oddly designed dash.

I had what the other member had; Defi Din's but i found once the din's were installed it left to much space surrounding the unit. I could have made it fit and look good but it required some hard work.

Yeah i had a set of those Defi Din-Gauges however they did not fit like the ones in the picture; no fascia kit. There was a suprising large amount of space left which in my opinion looked ugly and destroyed the look of the interior. I sold those gauges and made a little profit:P Althought maybe it would have been smarter to find a fascia kit:(

Has anyone mounted Defi BF gauges in their corolla??

Edited by ar44

Yeah i had a set of those Defi Din-Gauges however they did not fit like the ones in the picture; no fascia kit. There was a suprising large amount of space left which in my opinion looked ugly and destroyed the look of the interior. I sold those gauges and made a little profit:P Althought maybe it would have been smarter to find a fascia kit:(

Has anyone mounted Defi BF gauges in their corolla??

Northy has .... but i dont think i got any pics of it ..... i thought i saw some floating around on the forum .... maybe .....

fyi .... u can get the space fillers from strathfields for like $16 or something ;) ;) ;) ;)