Windows VISTA

SPTIVO_LUVA

Windows Vista  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey all, well vista is release in 2 days, i just wanted to know who is going to upgrade, upgrade edition is only $168. I just wanted to get an idea on who will be upgrading or just sticking to XP.

Ta

P.S sorry the top poll should say "I am Upgrading to Vista."

Cheers

Edited by Saiya

Added that last poll option in for ya.

I will be definetly upgrading to Vista. Why? Because its somthing different and eventually your gonna have to upgrade anyway.

Also I just built my brand spankin new computer which should be no problem running Vista, the only part I dont like is that with my scanner there isnt any Vista drivers available for it, so hopfully Canon will updating it soon.

Vista FTW! :D

I will be definetly upgrading to Vista. Why? Because its somthing different and eventually your gonna have to upgrade anyway.

Also I just built my brand spankin new computer which should be no problem running Vista, the only part I dont like is that with my scanner there isnt any Vista drivers available for it, so hopfully Canon will updating it soon.

drivers??????

vista ?????

GO MAC !!... OSX !!!!!

drivers??????

vista ?????

GO MAC !!... OSX !!!!!

Haha i wish i had the money to buy a mac book pro, 4 grand is a bit to much!

if you buy the upgrade edition, format the system clean, then install straight from the upgrade DVD and use your original XP disc etc as the original product validation.

Upgraded OS's are crap at the best of times.

I've been running vista on one of my spare pc's since RTM came out and it's not too bad, just needs at least 2gb of RAM and something like a core2 duo to make it run well if you utilise your PC a lot. With just 1gb of RAM running just office 2007 is quite sluggish.

I had a quick play with RTM on a recent-ish Dell PC at work, didn't get a chance to put any big load on it but functionality was fine, I like the way everything works.

Work definately won't touch it until the second service pack, I'd be hesitant to get it before SP1 judging by previous experience.....

Still waiting for some 8800GTS drivers to be avaliable and some DX10 games to go with it!

I suppose as long as you have a modern PC and can locate all needed drivers and software. Remember that things like anti virus / drive defrag software etc will need to be updated too. Then you should be good to go, keep in mind that DX10 is going to be Vista only or so I heard?

DX10 is going to be Vista only or so I heard?

Indeed it will. But it might take time for game developers to fully utilize the new technology. Cant wait! :D

i'd go for linux mate or stick with xp (ideally if you can switch to a mac and you wont have any troubles + with the core2duo's in the macs you can have osX + windows + linux on the same machine :toast::toast: )

vista is a poorly programmed piece of @##! and if you have to upgrade, wait a bit till its been out for a few months.

drivers??????

vista ?????

GO MAC !!... OSX !!!!!

OSX FTW ! :toast:

drivers??????

vista ?????

GO MAC !!... OSX !!!!!

OSX FTW ! :toast:

WOO !! ... im not the only one running a mac here !

I'm going with Vista but will wait untill all software works 100% first

Eg. Counter Strike Source!

I've played around a fair bit with Vista already and i think it's great, monitoring, logs, speed... etc..etc all seemed fine to me.

(I was doing my testing with a 4 year old P4 2.4Ghz, 768MB Ram, ATI 9600), all very old crappy hardware really and worked 100% for me.

My main system is a Duo 2 Core 2.4 with 2GB of RAM so no issues there if it ran an the 4 year old stuff :-)

I personaly don't see any issues with the OS and don't think "vista is a poorly programmed piece of @##! " but rather good :-)

Sure any thing can be better but left face it Windows still have the majority of the market so must be doing somthing right.

OSX is also ok (I have one at work) and yes even they do need drivers at times and are not that great unless you run the OS on Intel hardware, which mine is not :-(

My advice would be to wait a month or so before installing the new Vista OS as many applications will get tested in the first month or so by others and fixed :-)

Well that my 2 cents worth :-D

Cheers

Fudge

ill still stand by my comments about how poorly vista is programmed

but time will tell :P

and no you cant say just cause they've got market share that they're doing something right

they've got a monopoly, its not cause they release great software.

if you want want the best software atm get osX on powerpc or intel.

Im sure you could still use Windows 95. :lol:

Remember than, i still have the cd haha

Just installed Vista and I think its pretty good, sure its going to take a bit of getting used to but for the average computer user it seems to be very streamlined to operate........Im sure there are those computer whores out there that it isnt hardcore enugh for ya but Im happy with the upgrade