From Corolla Sportivo to Aurion, Good Idea?

Pacie

Hey guys,

My 05 Corolla Sportivo got stolen not long ago and so i have to find a replacement for it.

I'm looking at the Aurion (ATX or SX6) is it worth forking out the extra bucks for it?

Would appreciate your advise

Cheers

Pacie B)

it all depends what you need from a car

if you need space to move stuff and 5 grown-ups, get the aurion

if you just need to run around with other half, go back to something smaller (rolla, yaris)

btw, i'm single and drive a camry. main reason, POWER, Manual, V6, room in the boot for 3 dead men :P

it all depends what you need from a car

if you need space to move stuff and 5 grown-ups, get the aurion

if you just need to run around with other half, go back to something smaller (rolla, yaris)

btw, i'm single and drive a camry. main reason, POWER, Manual, V6, room in the boot for 3 dead men :P

:lol:

Sorry about the car being stolen.

As there is no replacement for the Sportivo I would go the Aurion. I have been looking at them seriously for a while for my other car (trade in existing Camry) but can't afford the cash right now.

My vote Aurion all the way.

Sorry to hear that your car got stolen.

I have to agree with Big Pete; it comes down to your requirements...

For hauling goods rather than people, hatch backs would be better as you can fold the rear seats flat and instantly it can swallow big boxes in your 'mini-minivan' that can't get past the opening of a boot-lid; Mazda 3 SP23/Focus or if you can stretch, then MPS/Focus XR5 or if you are after Euro, then Golf 2.0 TDI/FSI or GTi.

However, if it is people that you want to carry around comfortably along with their suitcases/bags, then go for the Aurion; take the SX6 rather than ATX as you can really hustle the SX6 through your favourite stretch of twisties. Ohh, and don't worry about the turning circle of the Aurion as it is as good as the Falcon/Commo clan!

Like Big Pete, I drive a V6 Camry for the same reasons he stated, for hauling people and their suitcases/bags comfortably, but have to suffer the poor turning circle size. However, the Aurion is just that much better...

Just my 2c...

-m_luke

OK so SX6 over ATX a must?

for an extra $4,000 odd dollars, i think its worth it, if you look at all the extra features and the apparance, i'm sure you will chose the SX6

YuP SX6 is worth the extra. You lose the fold down seats but like me you probably don't want to dirty anything inside (i've got a baby though and so can't help it -boo hoo hoo. I wanted to wrap her corner with plastic :P). The power is AWESOME for a naturally aspirated car (the sequential is OK - shouldn't have driven my friend's PASSAT - that is what a true sequential should be). Suspension could be a little stiffer but the comfort and noise in the cabin is very good.

It is a very nice family car accept for the windscreen wipers. They are so easy to take off and mine got stolen cause it looks nicer than standard wipers. Cost me $82.30 to replace and I've only had the car for 2 months. Now I have to think of a way to secure the darn thing or take it out everytime I park my car in public areas. I wish toyota thought of a way to secure them better. Even a screw on the top would have helped. Besides that the car is very good and toyotas finish quality is usually pretty good compared to my previous car (a Holden Astra)

I bought an SX6 a couple of months ago & never looked back. Drove an ATX for a week, but just doesn't have the nice extra's that the SX6 does.

Great on petrol etc. (for a v6) Had to take it back for it's first service before 5000km (not the usual 1000). The only thing wrong was the tail pipe was hitting the body.