Problems With Week Old Rav

Get_Ya_Rav_Out

Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience to mine.

I recently took delivery of my new Rav 4 Cruiser L last week, and had problems this weekend, and ended up on the side of the Motorway with the car not kicking over.

All the electrics shut down, and apparently it was to do with the tow package on the back, that a screw had gone through a wire, blowing a fuse, but leading to other complications as it was draining the battery.

Couldn't believe it.

• 4 weeks later...

think thats a freak occurance...

but its human error. the installer (hopefully the dealer) would be at fault 4 that.

did the dealership make you pay for the repairs?

• 3 months later...

Umm, my stearing is making a knocking noise when i'm turning at parking speed....had the service done last friday, but they reckon they couldn't hear anything (they are known for saying that) so i'm gonna take one of their technician for a ride on monay :D, i've also heard alot of different problems with toyota lately, eg delivering aurions in predelivery mode, rav making noises all different places, i've even heard a case of a Rav with water leaking in on the passenger side...what's going on?

• 1 month later...
Umm, my stearing is making a knocking noise when i'm turning at parking speed....had the service done last friday, but they reckon they couldn't hear anything (they are known for saying that) so i'm gonna take one of their technician for a ride on monay :D, i've also heard alot of different problems with toyota lately, eg delivering aurions in predelivery mode, rav making noises all different places, i've even heard a case of a Rav with water leaking in on the passenger side...what's going on?

I know this has nothing to really to do with these cars, but Toyota manufacturing plant in Japan has been shut for a few months (Some storm/eart quake or osmething I forget) and manufacturing has just restarded to normal. I know this as there are fairly large wait on Prado's.

• 3 months later...
think thats a freak occurance...

but its human error. the installer (hopefully the dealer) would be at fault 4 that.

did the dealership make you pay for the repairs?

The dealer that I had it towed to tried to charge me for towing, I refused to pay the $660 they were requesting. They forwarded it on to the dealer I bought it off in NSW. Took them 5 days to fix the problem and wasn't offered squat. It was taxi and catch a lift for the few days.

• 4 months later...