• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

Why mis-quote me ... I said:

Aussie Camry : "Lol wow $7k... what I said was right, stop nit picking small details"

This was referring to your comment on how HSVs are $63 when I said $70k. However I wasnt giving an exact figures was I now:

Aussie Camry : "FYI FPVs are like $60k and HSVs are $70k:

That is nitpicking. My main point was the TRD Aurion is not $70.. this was proven by quotes from TRDs Corporate Manager, stating it wont be as expensive as FPVs and HSVs but is more then the XR6T... placing it between $45k and $55k.... so $50k as I said is a reasonable estimate. Youve missed this point as you have missed most.

Now lets have a look at your false comments and how you lack any form of credibility. 351s lack of knowledge:

* You say the SS has 6 air bags (funnily enough the links you posted had the details)

* You knock the TRD Aurion but then say we have to wait till its released as soon as I mentioned the many upgrades it gets (so ok to knock now but not ok to say it looks decent)

* You have a go at me about the SV8 error when it was the quote from the TRD Corporate manager

* You claim all performance cars are RWD (The Lambo one was the funniest!!)

* You call me biased yet I havent seen any post of yours which indicates you are impartial (Ppl in glass houses...)

* You claim the TRD Aurion is similar to what Ford did between the XR6 and XR6T features wise -

* You quote a biased article (Im quite sure the same people who own channel nine have a stake in wheels and carpoint - it doent take einstein to realise why then they would promote the Commodore and knock the Aurion)

Edited: No personal comments (IZZ-FE)

Edited by IZZ-FE

Hahaha hit a nerve.

It seems that you believe that the Aurion is the ‘***’ of cars and nothing else exists

No... this is a thread on the TRD Aurion, I am stating the facts on the TRD Aurion... thats hardly suggesting its the be all and end all in cars. Maybe you would be more suited to a Holden forum.

Once again people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones mate... I have stated in the past I like the SS, I havent seen you on one occasion say anything good about a Toyota, you are truly biased (Why the hell you even come to a Toyota forum for?). I dont nit pick. And facts, I see all the facts... Ive proven this with everything Ive said, backed up with solid evidence, while your sourcing proves yourself wrong (for eg. the airbags, your own links proved you wrong).

All that you mentioned about the Aurion, also apply to other cars makers and vise-versa,

Im lost on this one... so other car makers have Aurions now? The point is which car is best value for money. PERSONALLY I believe the TRD Aurion on paper would be better then an SS. It has great looks, a great interior, plenty of power, no doubt decent handling, no doubt a long list of features, reliability etc. An SS does have great straightline speed (although the Aurion may be close to it), but it lacks things like build quality, interior, features and above all reliaiblity if you go off GMs previous generation V8s (nothing to suggest the current one will be anything different seeings as though its now pumping out more power).

Edited: (IZZ-FE)

Edited by IZZ-FE

Sorry guys but this one's gone too far.

I will be deleting the unnecessary personal comments.

If it continues I will close this thread.

Keep it clean.

It comes down to personal preference.

My own - I prefer the characteristic of a RWD car. Not because I like to fish tail into poles, but because I find them far more balanced in handling (especially in the wet). I grew up with RWD cars, and I personally don't feel as safe especially in the wet in the current FWD I own and drive and in many aspects I quite enjoy.

This will differ to YOUR own opinion and likes/dislikes.

Like I said earlier. Different cars appeal to different people.

play nice :D

Haha I reckon! Hit the RAWR thread guys!

To carry on from what Carlo said, MY personal opinion is that the Australian car manufacturers (Ford, Holden) only exist in this day and age because of over protectionist government policy in the past (tarrifs/quotas on imports, subsidies for local producers, other measures from the Infant Industries school of thought) which have carried on too long in my opinion (car manufacturing is no longer an Infant Industry - Ford/Holden have been here for decades, so why still fund them?).

Laissez faire - let the market decide and see who's left standing :whistling:

Actually, to my shock I read something in Motor/Wheels that was actually anti-Ford. Apparently only companies like Holden and Toyota who are importing to other countries (eg USA, UAE) will survive - Ford is on the decline.

Hi,

I initially opened this thread, just for an FYI about the Aurion TRD, not really an agrument on FWD v's RWD's

I bought the Aurion because it was value for money not because I want to enter it in Bathurst this year.

Have fun guys in what you can afford,

Adrian

The TRD Aurion being Auto only and FWD is a very different car from all the other local offerings.

I don't think they can be compared that easily.

I would get a TRD but then I am not a V8 RWD fan.

TRD will more likely line up the Liberty GT as this would be the closest rival.

The V8 SS FPV fans are not going to go FWD but honestly there isn't any disadvantage in street driving on either platfrom in australia. Ultimately no one woould argue the AWD is better.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt buy a TRD Aurion at any price because its pretty much going to be bodged up with poorly designed add on/replace parts job done in some little workshop. I have my dobuts about this TRD mobs ability to design and control the product quality too. Toyota are taking a large risk letting them do this and keep the Toyota badge on the car.

And for heavens sake Toyota stop trying to copy the Holden/Ford big car performance concept - that market segment is slowly dying now anyhow. Do what your parent company tells you to. :P

I wouldnt buy a TRD Aurion at any price because its pretty much going to be bodged up with poorly designed add on/replace parts job done in some little workshop. I have my dobuts about this TRD mobs ability to design and control the product quality too. Toyota are taking a large risk letting them do this and keep the Toyota badge on the car.

And for heavens sake Toyota stop trying to copy the Holden/Ford big car performance concept - that market segment is slowly dying now anyhow. Do what your parent company tells you to. :P

Copy what? RWD? OHV? V8?

TRD a little workshop? All the car companies buy external expertise from "little" workshops all the time. It's just outsourcing a skill you need for one model thats not worth investing in.

poorly designed add on/replace parts

Ooo, is there some insider information? Has TRD told you that they're going to incorporate poor designs in to their cars?

done in some little workshop

TRD is being run by Prodrive. If you don't know who they are, you obviously don't know enough about cars to be making judgements on this car.

Edited by Cosmo

Maybe you should call Ferrari, Porsche, Merc (AMG), BMW (M series), Zonda, Lambo and so forth and let them know that they got it wrong?

Yes but people have also been telling Porsche for years that the engine should be in the front not slung out the back like it is. The brands you mentioned are designed with the track in mind and tend to cost a bucket load more. But then have AMG and M-sport got it wrong, if I am not mistaken (and that can happen) none of the AMG or M-sport cars are AWD (unless of course there is an upcoming M-sport X5 - would that then be an MX5???)

Well boys and girls hasn't this been a fun thread that's kept the moderators busy. It is certainly one that you would not have seen in a Holden or Ford forum (let's say our hi spec sport model is not as good as the one from the other majors - I think not)

Convincing the Aust public of that a sporting car can be FWD will be a challenge. Ford tried in the late eighties to convince people they didn't need a V8, their sales dropped accordingly. Just look at the EF (circa 1995) XR6 and XR8 supposedly there was only 1kW difference between the two but a lot more kg but people still bought the XR8 (paying extra for a slower, thirstier and heavier car "but it's got a V8). The TRD Aurion will not beat the Falcon or Commodores for sales even if it is a better car because there are so many people out there who will only buy a Falcon or Commodore no matter how good the other options might be.

Doesn't look like any convincing will be needed, since Toyota is gunning for a completely different market rather than the V8 Falcadores.

Exactly. How could you compete with a V8 RWD, with a V6 FWD? With the TRD Aurion they say you feel the power in normal street driving, not just high up.

Well boys and girls hasn't this been a fun thread that's kept the moderators busy. It is certainly one that you would not have seen in a Holden or Ford forum (let's say our hi spec sport model is not as good as the one from the other majors - I think not)

Convincing the Aust public of that a sporting car can be FWD will be a challenge. Ford tried in the late eighties to convince people they didn't need a V8, their sales dropped accordingly. Just look at the EF (circa 1995) XR6 and XR8 supposedly there was only 1kW difference between the two but a lot more kg but people still bought the XR8 (paying extra for a slower, thirstier and heavier car "but it's got a V8). The TRD Aurion will not beat the Falcon or Commodores for sales even if it is a better car because there are so many people out there who will only buy a Falcon or Commodore no matter how good the other options might be.

very very well said~ i AGREE. (especially the ending part)

but i still believe in japanese cars, no matter wat~ Can you buy holden internationally? I m not sure... :blink:

TRD have put this up on youtube and it sounds very promising

Always a good idea to read a thread before you post.............. If you look at the links in the 1st post of this thread, you may find the same link. But thanks, it is an interesting clip.

Adrian

• 1 month later...

Doesn't look like any convincing will be needed, since Toyota is gunning for a completely different market rather than the V8 Falcadores.

Exactly. How could you compete with a V8 RWD, with a V6 FWD? With the TRD Aurion they say you feel the power in normal street driving, not just high up.

Yes i felt the same thing. My zr6 feels like its got power in all range of rev levels. Love the power of it too. Though i didnt have the chance to gun it hard as the car is only on 400kms at the moment. :) Love it.

Edited by Buri_ZR6