Dunlop Sport Maxx

Dennis_ZZE122

finally got some new rubber on my Sportivo, managed to get about 40,000km on the old Kumho 712 including 4 track days and numerous OP and RNP runs.

Shopped around for different brands and size including Yokohama AD07, Hankook R-S2/K104, Goodyear GSD3, Bridgestone S03/RE050 etcetc and i finally decide to try Dunlop Sport Maxx 215/45/17.

I am running with my 17x7 ET42 and i asked my friends to sit on the boot for me and found out that the tyres are pretty damn close to the guard! :( :(

But after two weeks of driving there's no evident of any rubbing (yet?? :huh: ). I am going to drive my parents to airport today with some luggage on board and see how it goes.

PS. i didnt get my tyres from Beaurepaires because after their 15% off it still cost more then where i got them from. :toast::toast:

My frens are telling me the compound is very good,wet & dry ...... ide like an update whenever ?? We do the odd track day,weve pretty much taken some of our tyre to the limits from Toyos to Yokos... :whistling:

pls keepa us informed

i have always liked dunlop tyres and have tried the direzza 101 which has a wide pattern sort of like advan neova. i do not think you can buy direzza 101 anymore it was a parellel import and no one brings it in now.

though the dunlop sport maxx does not seem to have an agressive pattern. hope they do what you want. i saw someone with the hankook r series and they look track with the wide tread shoulder. do you remember how much they were?

These did well in the Wheels Tyre Test just published.

Interestingly they came to the conclusion that although some tyres are better than others in certain areas (eg one may be better in wet braking another may be better in dry cornering) generally the "better" or premium tyres will outperform cheaper alternatives and it's simply giving yourself a better margin of safety no matter what you drive to invest in good rubber.

surprisingly they didnt break my wallet that much, the whole set cost me less than $800 (fitted and balanced)

oh and they are Made in Japan and the production code is 2606 (26th week of 2006) which i think is accpetable

• 2 weeks later...

HI , just read . you got 215x45x17 on back and front ? how much is your car lowered and do you have the incorrect offset rims on cause i got 225 under back gaurds with no chance of rubbing inside or out ? or is this cause i got a sedan i must have more room ?

HI , just read . you got 215x45x17 on back and front ? how much is your car lowered and do you have the incorrect offset rims on cause i got 225 under back gaurds with no chance of rubbing inside or out ? or is this cause i got a sedan i must have more room ?

and .. is the speed rating correct cause i am having trouble with this