Is it possible to install an eaton supercharger to an SX6 or ZR6?

I was thinking about buying an SX6 or ZR6 but was wondering if it was possible to install the TRD eaton supercharger.. can someone please help me out here?

If you can obtain the factory bits and pieces (supercharger, manifold, intake, ecu just to name a couple) then it's a general consensus that yes, it's possible. However this is also a VERY expensive path, and for the gains it's not worth it.

Adding an aftermarket roots supercharger would be very similar, harder in some aspects but possibly cheaper.

I reckon the best bet would be turbocharging, as you'd have plenty of space where the current airbox setup sits to mount a turbo - but then you'd need to sort out the engine management.

Forced induction on these cars isn't impossible, but does require alot of $$$ and R&D.

Anything is possible... it just depends on how much money you have to spend. Personally, don't waste your money trying to put a the TRD Aurion supercharger onto a non-TRD. You would be better off just buying the TRD instead. Otherwise, use your money on a turbo setup.

You will be looking at at least $11,000 to get all the engine parts from Toyota to supercharge your 2GR in the same way as the TRD. The supercharger (minus the intake manifold) and the ECU together will set you back approximately $9,000.

Anything is possible... it just depends on how much money you have to spend. Personally, don't waste your money trying to put a the TRD Aurion supercharger onto a non-TRD. You would be better off just buying the TRD instead. Otherwise, use your money on a turbo setup.

You will be looking at at least $11,000 to get all the engine parts from Toyota to supercharge your 2GR in the same way as the TRD.

I'd love to see a turbo aurion!! and even more so a TRD supercharged turbo aurion!!

one of the two must happen eventually.

You will be looking at at least $11,000 to get all the engine parts from Toyota to supercharge your 2GR in the same way as the TRD.

I'd love to see a turbo aurion!! and even more so a TRD supercharged turbo aurion!!

one of the two must happen eventually.

To be honest I wouldn't want all that power in FWD.

as stated given time and money anything is possible ..... however what u will find is toyota will price the oem parts for the charger at a premium and it will work out a better deal to simply buy the TRD charged in the first place.

i highly doubt that a twin charged aurion will ever be attempted ...... far too much fiddling involved ..... but once again given time and money anything is possible

Wow, thanks guys. Yeah I'm prolly just better off with a stock zr6..

For the $56000 it's costs for a TRD I could prolly find something better value.

I'm a massive fan of the aurions though..

TRDs can be had in the low 30k bracket nowadays

No need to buy one new. As said above, you can pick up a 2nd hand one in good condition for much less than that. Just like BMW said:

fdecxu.jpg

No need to buy one new. As said above, you can pick up a 2nd hand one in good condition for much less than that. Just like BMW said:

fdecxu.jpg

get out of it. get a merc benz you Big Massive ******!!! lol

fdecxu.jpg

get out of it. get a merc benz you Big Massive W anker!!! lol

Edited by wilbursdad

Interesting & Informative find :D

My link

Supercharging does have it's merits and that guy certainly isn't wrong, but depending on what car you are boosting, each have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Personally, a turbo setup is going to get your more for you dollar on the Aurion simply because it gives you more customisation.