05 Sportivo TRD CAI

Hey guys,

Just bought a second hand 05 corolla and just installed a TRD CAI that I recenttly purchased. Just posting up some pictures of the finished product for other members thinking about putting this in their car.

I had to remove the fog light however i'm going to try and buy some piping to bend the TRD pod a bit back so I can put the fog light back on.

This car is silver however in the pics it looks almost white...

Oh and lift now sounds so amazing. She finally has a huge grunt/roar to her haha.

img1914z.th.jpg

img1915n.th.jpg

img1917c.th.jpg

The outside of the car where the foglight was removed. The TRD pod can be seen quite easily

img1918.th.jpg

img1919.th.jpg

This tube was broken at first around where the previous owned had tightened it too tightly or something. I covered it with tape and hope that it sealed the gap lol

img1920.th.jpg

img1921.th.jpg

Showing the air MAS

Just one question. After doing an ECU reset (since the battery was out of the car for more than half an hour) the power windows don't *automatically* wind up and down anymore. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by LiMz RoLLa

Andrew you ***** upgrading!!

To reset the Power windows, hold the button all the way down and once the window is down hold the button for 1 sec. Straight away do the reverse and get the window back up and hold it for a second. The light should now be steady - Repeat on all windows.

I just solved my foglight issue not fitting by installing a K&N 3900 filter, not as loud induction though :(

If you want to pick one up Dural Autobarn has them for $89.90

Nice work with the car!

Thanks Brad! power window problem solved.

Yeah I've been reading on the forums that putting in the K&N 3900 pod filter is a solution but i'm worried that its still might not fit for the 05 sportivo?

Just had a look at it on the autobarn website it says its 3 inch diameter. How well would that fit onto the piping because i believe its either 2.5 inch or 2.75 inch? (i forgot to measure it)

And yeah been trying to sell my sedan

Edited by LiMz RoLLa

I installed it today and it fitted fine onto the TRD CAI with the supplied Clamp.

Im not sure how much it clears the foglight by but mine actually fits now. The filter sits alot higher now

If you want the loud induction noise, try the simota or 3A racing pods. They are a bit cheaper and less maintenance as the are dry not oiled.

I had a K&N on my cai but i didn't like it as you are constantly cleaning because the pod is exposed to the conditions.

As for me I am running a Simota pod :)

If you want the loud induction noise, try the simota or 3A racing pods. They are a bit cheaper and less maintenance as the are dry not oiled.

I had a K&N on my cai but i didn't like it as you are constantly cleaning because the pod is exposed to the conditions.

What Simota pod and where did you purchase it from?

How quick will the K&N get dirty though?

Looking great :toast::toast:

Hey Andwer..... Cool job done with the CAI..

I have an 05 Silver sportivo... Got my TRD CAI in with fog lights in place.... I had to push and twist it in but it got there..... pod is a little tight though...

Looks cool with no fog light though.... kind of like ram air...... kind of.....

Enjoy Andy.....

SILVERBACK

Wow Silverback. how much pushing and twisting did u have to do? O_O and also if you look at the pics, the CAI is actually not being help in place by anything other than the connection pipe with the engine block. It fits so tightly that the engine bay is holding it in place. I think i'll be looking into getting the K&N pod. How high up the pipe can you push the TRD pod? At the moment it is fastened onto the pipe at the very top of the pod rubber. Will anything go wrong if i push the pipe all the way down into the pod?

I was driving it tonight and i flicked on my foggies and it feels so empty. I miss my left foggy.

img1913.jpg

This is a pic of my car =)

Edited by LiMz RoLLa

I second the 3A racing pod, around 30 - 40 bucks.. bang for buck..

Ahh cool, well i just hit them up with an email so i'll see how much it will cost + postage to me. However, the TRD CAI is a smaller diameter than the K&N and 3A racing pod filter. both are 75mm. I'm pretty sure the TRD CAI is about 65mm in diameter? (around 2.5 - 2.75 inches) so will those still fit onto a smaller pipe? unless i'm missing something here.

Edited by LiMz RoLLa

Ahh cool, well i just hit them up with an email so i'll see how much it will cost + postage to me. However, the TRD CAI is a smaller diameter than the K&N and 3A racing pod filter. both are 75mm. I'm pretty sure the TRD CAI is about 65mm in diameter? (around 2.5 - 2.75 inches) so will those still fit onto a smaller pipe? unless i'm missing something here.

Your clamping it so it won't matter..

looking good !!!

one question to people who have CAI..

On cold start ups do you have mega throttle lag/responce/the car doesnt go anywhere, its not till you let it warm up alittle till it gets good.????? :o :g::help:

I haven't really noticed anything like that. Tho I try to not drive my car without it being warmed up. Normally start the engine, wait until the revs drop a little in idle, then granny shift (2500 rpm) till the temp reaches about 1/3 up the scale.

Edited by LiMz RoLLa

yes i am the same but im in the 21st century.. id start the car, sit in it for a few mins, find songs, tune bass what not, drive, shifting at 3k, its still a bag of *rap :( when the revs drop at idle its good...

also anyone notice a flat spot around 4800-5600rpm??? not so much coughing but slight drop in power???

Edited by 123R-Prozak

you guys are gangster, on cold driving i shift at like 2 lol, i do find there is lag with the cai intake, i even find it laggy when warmed up, for some reason the stock box was heaps more responsive but thats just how i feel

you guys are gangster, on cold driving i shift at like 2 lol, i do find there is lag with the cai intake, i even find it laggy when warmed up, for some reason the stock box was heaps more responsive but thats just how i feel

i feel its less responsive aswell anthony. tho louder :D lol

so there is no way to stop the throttle delay when cold? or is it normal for CAI.. im in the 21st century.. i should be able to start and go... easy of course as she is cold... :(

from my understanding, thats the ECU protecting the engine cause its too cold to be taking in that cooler air with intake on, just go out a few minutes early and let it idle for a bit and roberts your mothers brother.