Squeeky noise coming from driver's side front wheel - '05 Sportivo

Hi Guys,

I have only noticed that first thing in the mornings (first start up of the car) once the car goes in motion

I hear a squeeking noise which is coming from the front driver's side wheel - right hand side.

Im pretty sure it is wheel related as the noise sounds like a rotating wheel sound.

Brake noise I doubt but I could be wrong. :huh:

This squeeking noise lasts no more than 30-60 seconds and the squeek noise then disappears. :unsure:

Im having difficulty trying to pinpoint the problem.

As mentioned this only occurs first thing in the morning on the car's initial start up.

If anyone has any info or feedback it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

:D

Hi Guys,

I have only noticed that first thing in the mornings (first start up of the car) once the car goes in motion

I hear a squeeking noise which is coming from the front driver's side wheel - right hand side.

Im pretty sure it is wheel related as the noise sounds like a rotating wheel sound.

This squeeking noise lasts no more than 30-60 seconds and the squeek noise then disappears. :unsure:

As mentioned this only occurs first thing in the morning on the car's initial start up.

Cheers

gday mate,

maybe a badly made wheel bearing or some minor rotor problem. should be a warranty job so take it back to a toyota dealer.

all the best,

lauschie

Hi Guys,

Cheers

gday mate,

maybe a badly made wheel bearing or some minor rotor problem. should be a warranty job so take it back to a toyota dealer.

all the best,

lauschie

I have no idea on this one, but on this topic of weird noises, has anyone else had problems with excessive wind noise, to the point where the car actually whistles. The dealer recognises the issue, but has no idea! Though maybe the brakes but appranetly the brakes can't be adjusted.

Hi Guys,

Cheers

hehehehehehehehe thats funny man my car does the same thing :D :lol: especially if i leave it just sitting in the one place over night as soon as i move the car in the morning it sqeeks until i just tap the breaks then its gone for the rest of the day!!!! :blink::lol: ^_^ Wierd huh???!!!! Oh wells im not alone!!! By the way wat pads are u using???? They arnt BENDEX by any chance??????

Hey fellas

I've got some issues with wierd noises too.

firstly; the drivers wheels sometimes makes a slight ticking noise, i only notice when cruisin at around 50-60kmh. i thought maybe a rock or sticky paper at first, but it happens from time to time.

Secondly; with wind, my rear drivers side window is not sealed properly at all. i noticed one day while being drivin home after a big weekend. and also a slight moisture leak after washing at carlovers. without music on it is really noticable.

Thirdly; very occasionaly, my front brakes have made a funny humming drummy sound at freeway speed, and the car is only 12000kms old.

Not too mention the crunching into second (which will be adjusted soon), and the crappy speakers tickin away to my Psy trance (alpines going in)

engine is kick **** tho :D

Hey fellas

I've got some issues with wierd noises too.

firstly; the drivers wheels sometimes makes a slight ticking noise, i only notice when cruisin at around 50-60kmh. i thought maybe a rock or sticky paper at first, but it happens from time to time.

Secondly; with wind, my rear drivers side window is not sealed properly at all. i noticed one day while being drivin home after a big weekend. and also a slight moisture leak after washing at carlovers. without music on it is really noticable.

Thirdly; very occasionaly, my front brakes have made a funny humming drummy sound at freeway speed, and the car is only 12000kms old.

Not too mention the crunching into second (which will be adjusted soon), and the crappy speakers tickin away to my Psy trance (alpines going in)

engine is kick **** tho :D

So you have the wind noise as well! Does yours produce a whistle - mine starts at around 60 kmh - have washed the car - does not appear to be any water entering the car - but will look out for any signs. At least you can pin point the wind noise.

I have the exact same problem as the OP.

When I go to work in the morning, it makes whistling, squeaky, sort of noise for a very short time and it disappears probably by the time I drive for less than a minute. When I'm hearing this noise, it is not constant. It's more intermittent noise. Anyway, I haven't even mentioned it to the dealer as I know that they will refuse to even accept hearing the noise.

When I go to work in the morning, it makes whistling, squeaky, sort of noise for a very short time and it disappears probably by the time I drive for less than a minute. When I'm hearing this noise, it is not constant. It's more intermittent noise. Anyway, I haven't even mentioned it to the dealer as I know that they will refuse to even accept hearing the noise.

how on earth did you narrow it down to the door sills?

?? What are you talking about? I haven't said anything about door sills.

?? What are you talking about? I haven't said anything about door sills.

Was in response to Blue Stivo's comment - advised that that the the door rubbers were replaced under warranty.

the wind noise is most likely due to the door rubbers, which can be replaced under Warranty (mine were done on Monday :D ) but I've not been on the highway yet to see if the noise is gone.

How did you narrow it down to the door sills?

E

opened the door and in the top corner it looked like they were falling off... :blink:

like I said, don't know yet if it's related to the wind noise on the highway but will test next time I drive up to Sydney.

the squeal issue is the brakes, my car does it too the 1st time I use the brakes for the day, possible just cleaning off the scum and corrosion that forms but only last 1 brake application then never again. Shouldn't need to worry about it.

opened the door and in the top corner it looked like they were falling off... :blink:

like I said, don't know yet if it's related to the wind noise on the highway but will test next time I drive up to Sydney.

the squeal issue is the brakes, my car does it too the 1st time I use the brakes for the day, possible just cleaning off the scum and corrosion that forms but only last 1 brake application then never again. Shouldn't need to worry about it.

Thanks for that. I have been sussing around trying to identify the location of the wind noise and whistle - the plastic inner front guard inserts are not firm fitting where they hook - when you open the doors around the hinge area - they are loose - I might grab some gaffer tape and see if that eliminates the wind gush and whistle.

cheers

Hi Guys,

Cheers

gday mate,

all the best,

lauschie

I have no idea on this one, but on this topic of weird noises, has anyone else had problems with excessive wind noise, to the point where the car actually whistles. The dealer recognises the issue, but has no idea! Though maybe the brakes but appranetly the brakes can't be adjusted.

Finally I am not alone, I've this problem since my 1200km (now close to 5000km), around 1200km I went to Nauwanding Toyota - Service & Repair center and metion the problem to the Manager Geroge, as I cannot identify where doesn the noise came from, all I know is somewhere at the back, and the way it happen is exactuly as u guys experienced, left it over night, cold, very obvious noise as the car is slow, goes away as it run faster, I mention that all to him, even I got the sound record on my phone, but that old guy told me he coundn't heard anything.

When I came back for my 5k service, I mention that to other staff, they did the run test first day in the morning(i left it overnight), as what normally drama does, they can't heard anything, but this time this guy had a better ear than the manager(manager never hear what other said, ignore staff request and customer complain), he can hear the wired noise from my record, however as they can hear it in the road test, they can do nothing. :)

He ask to if that happen again, book a time with him, they will perform the road test again and try to identify what it is.

BUT, if they find out what is it and if that doesn't make any demage to the car, they will do nothing. (Maybe the wired noise comes a package, I cannot agree with him). As I can present any soild evidence, nothing i can do. :angry::angry:

Maybe we can gather together and go to Toyota service center.

Hi Guys,

Cheers

gday mate,

all the best,

lauschie

Finally I am not alone, I've this problem since my 1200km (now close to 5000km), around 1200km I went to Nauwanding Toyota - Service & Repair center and metion the problem to the Manager Geroge, as I cannot identify where doesn the noise came from, all I know is somewhere at the back, and the way it happen is exactuly as u guys experienced, left it over night, cold, very obvious noise as the car is slow, goes away as it run faster, I mention that all to him, even I got the sound record on my phone, but that old guy told me he coundn't heard anything.

When I came back for my 5k service, I mention that to other staff, they did the run test first day in the morning(i left it overnight), as what normally drama does, they can't heard anything, but this time this guy had a better ear than the manager(manager never hear what other said, ignore staff request and customer complain), he can hear the wired noise from my record, however as they can hear it in the road test, they can do nothing. :)

He ask to if that happen again, book a time with him, they will perform the road test again and try to identify what it is.

BUT, if they find out what is it and if that doesn't make any demage to the car, they will do nothing. (Maybe the wired noise comes a package, I cannot agree with him). As I can present any soild evidence, nothing i can do. :angry::angry:

Maybe we can gather together and go to Toyota service center.

My problem seems to be different to yours - I am sure that my whistle comes from the front - but what is weird is that the whistle starts at about 60kmh and does not increase signficantly with speed - I am sure that it comes from around the door area/front guard - but not sure. The only way to find out is to get out the gaffa tape and start tapng her up.

My suggestion is to email Toyota Australia - I will do this as well.

I seriously want to get rid of my car as I can not stand the high pitched whistle!

I will be taking the car back to the Sydney dealer soon - if they fail to fix then ......? .

PS lets hope that if Toyota Australia bring back the Sportivo badge that they GET THERE ACT TOGETHER! Reputation is hard one, but easy lost!

Hi Guys,

Cheers

yah, its a low pitch sqeak and goes after 10m .. had it do it after being stopped for 10mins after a reasonable drive. turning as you take off seems to provoke it a little before it goes.

its not bearings gawd.

So you have the wind noise as well! Does yours produce a whistle - mine starts at around 60 kmh - have washed the car - does not appear to be any water entering the car - but will look out for any signs. At least you can pin point the wind noise.

No whistle in mine thank f*#k (by the sounds of some of the other cars), and the water entering is a VERY slight amount not dripping in!!!,

Try letting someone else drive your car with all windows up and radio off (obviously), and get in the back for a listen. coz your ear better then others.

My whistling comes when im travelling at very slow speeds..20-40km/h.

It seems to be coming from all 4 wheels...

I thought it was the front suspension so last time it went ofr service they oiled the front suspension but nothing happened..

Im still thinking its the suspension.....we will see if it changes noise when i lower it and change the springs..

or it might be the bearings....

also..no my clutch is starting to make a scratching noise..every time i press the clutch...its like hhhhhhh scratching noise...goes away after 15 mins driving or so....

My whistling comes when im travelling at very slow speeds..20-40km/h.

It seems to be coming from all 4 wheels...

I thought it was the front suspension so last time it went ofr service they oiled the front suspension but nothing happened..

Im still thinking its the suspension.....we will see if it changes noise when i lower it and change the springs..

or it might be the bearings....

also..no my clutch is starting to make a scratching noise..every time i press the clutch...its like hhhhhhh scratching noise...goes away after 15 mins driving or so....

let us know how you progress on the matter.

Have you taken up this matter with Toyota Australia ? just a thought.

i had a squeeking noise comming from the passengers wheel. squeeked when goin over bumps and stuff, very noticable with music off.

took it in for a service today and it was the transmission mounts needed tightening.

if anyone is interested.

• 1 year later...

Had to bring this back from death.

I had exact problem with the squealing noise, for the past few days i start my car, after parking, i can hear that squealing noise but it goes away after less then a minute. And it happens everytime i park the car til cool and start again. My car is only 1500km old.

Has anyone identify or have more info about this problem?

Going to get to my first inspection in next 2 weeks. Do you all think toyota can do anything about this?

Had to bring this back from death.

I had exact problem with the squealing noise, for the past few days i start my car, after parking, i can hear that squealing noise but it goes away after less then a minute. And it happens everytime i park the car til cool and start again. My car is only 1500km old.

Has anyone identify or have more info about this problem?

Going to get to my first inspection in next 2 weeks. Do you all think toyota can do anything about this?

does the noise occur as soon as you turn on your engine or only when you start moving?