Identify this sound

My Sportivo is making a rattling sound every time I let go of the accelerator. Its more noticeable when I'm driving at a slow speed around 60km and under. It also make that noise when the engine is idling and in neutral after a drive. The sounds seemed to be coming from the driver side near the drive belt. I have uploaded the sound hoping someone on here can identify what could be wrong with the car because its driving me crazy, you can hear it more clearly around the 30 seconds mark. Any help from you guys is appreciated.

28_10_2011 5_33 PM.mp3

phanta's iphone lol

anyways sounds bad, take ur drive belt off and start the car and see if it makes the noise, if so, alternator, w/pump, p/s pump or a/x compressor or idler or tentioner is stuffed. if not, sounds internal... possibly timing isssue or bearing or something....

performance loss?

From the sounds of that mate sounds quite like the tensioner there pritty prone to ****ting themselvethes on the 2zz's , like the other guys suggested remove the drive belt and see if the noise is still evident.

Jake.

now that's sounds pretty familiar to me...i dont a 2zz but that rattle sounded exactly the same as my alternator bearing, when mine crapped itself.

and to replace the bearing was about $150 for a genuine alternator clutch bearing..no aftermarket parts for it unfortunately

now that's sounds pretty familiar to me...i dont a 2zz but that rattle sounded exactly the same as my alternator bearing, when mine crapped itself.

and to replace the bearing was about $150 for a genuine alternator clutch bearing..no aftermarket parts for it unfortunately

Does the sound come and go or is it constant?

Far out take your belt off already and eliminate the motor internals at fault.... Ud think the alternator will be constant because if the bearing is shot it will sound 24/7 as the motor is running, unless the belt is OFF!!!!

Far out take your belt off already and eliminate the motor internals at fault.... Ud think the alternator will be constant because if the bearing is shot it will sound 24/7 as the motor is running, unless the belt is OFF!!!!

I would if I know what to do...I'm a noob when it comes to these kind of stuff.