......BOOM

Finally got around to sharing my pain with you folks...

Last friday i was on my way home from work in normal peak hour traffic when the cars suddenly stopped for no apparent reason as usual.

I broke hard, ABS kicked in....i stopped close to the person in front of me....i was just about to think "whoooa that was lu.."... BANG!! i get whirled forward, then BANG!! everything in my car starts flying and my head gets smacked back to my seat :wacko: .

after i recomposed myself i proceeded onto the detail collection...when i got out of the car i saw the damage, my stivo was pretty much imprinted into the two cars <_<. The car behind me was pretty much gone, the engine was not startable and the gurl had to climb to the back to get out as the front doors were jammed.

My boot can't close properly, the radiator is bent in, all the lights have damage on them, lost a foglight, front of the car seems to have shrunken in a bit....

any way, some pics should give you some idea...

YekimBumbedFront0.jpg

YekimBumbedFront1.jpg

YekimBumbedRear0.jpg

YekimBumbedRear1.jpg

YekimBumbedRear2.jpg

YekimBumbedRear3.jpg

not happy jan! The insurer said the damage was approx $12000 :o

SHe won't ever be the same again <_<

weird thing was i thought i lost my ashtray, but it ended up being in the back..

never been whiplashed that hard b4 :wacko:

whoa *cringe* its almost like a bad dream looking at those photos.

atleast your ok, thats the main thing to remember! hope your feeling better now.

im sure she'll be back and running before u know it.

lucky u didnt do a sports grill + horn relocation!

Damn! That must hurt man!

I feel for yah! I'd be crying if that happened to my baby.

I also had a slight accident with my gate last night where it closes automatically as I was driving into the drive way. It closed on me and scraped the back of my car. Huge scratch on back guard. I'm spewing!. Not as bad as yours though.

U should claim compo for the whip lash! :lol:

wow, not good dude.

if the chassis is bent or the roof bent, it is considered a wipe off. depends on the insurance company you are with.

if there is not stuctural damage, don't worry dude, easy fix, and depending on the repairer, it could be better than new.

now you can put the update front and rear look, and make the vehicle unique, or if the bonnet is stuffed, go for the carbon fibre bonnet and go sick.

Gee thats so bad mate, life plays some rotten tricks sometimes doesn't it, at least you're sort of OK.

Whats it like having the airbags go off..??

If anyones out Croydon (Melbourne) way, at New Coolstores Panel Repairs there's a new red 'Rolla on their Chassis straightening jig, right at the very front of the shop...weird to see the engine/box assembly just wheeled away complete on the subframe, but the car looks very light and flimsy on the front chassis with everything stripped out.

Damn dude! :( gives me shivers looking at those pics. So sorry about your accident man. Don't worry dude i'm sure it will look and feel like new when it's fixed.

Whats it like having the airbags go off..??

Dakoda, i don't think he airbag goes off unless you are moving 40km/h or faster. (i think)

It looks repairable mate, quite alot of damage though. Unfortunately the real pain starts now having to wait and wait, without a car, etc and when you get it back you will be all paranoid etc ;) sad to see man. Good luck with everything hope you get it back better than new.

arr so unlucky..

i was suprised too when he said it would be that much, didn't look that much. but then he showed me all the internal damage...my petrol tank was dented and warped, spare tire was wedged, the boot carpet doesnt fit ne more.

The front was squashed, i've got large gaps along both side of my bonnet. The entire front part of the car has to come off and be fixed apparently

<_<

hope she'll be as she was b4

Most importantly you werent hurt.. badly at least.. And its a good thing the engine is still intact and its drivable.. 12k of repairs, yikes, the girl must be feeling as bad as you are I guess :(

With the technology that around in the panel beating industry, the body may come out better than original!!!

I know its a hassle arranging transport and stuff like that, but when u get the car back it will be like when u first got it, u will be thrilled to drive it

thanx for the support guys :) I hope you guys are right about the repairs..better than original??? really? :rolleyes:

i'm really more annoyed more than anything, public transporting it to work everyday is just not the same as the stivo....

mike

hahaha not better than original, as good as original is the correct term. My car nearly got totalled, and when it was fixed, bling bling! I can't even see or feel the difference. yeap, feels like my car was just reborn back then. Now its going to panel beater (AGAIN?!!), because i had the same kind of accident like you, got sandwiched...

Just make sure you take it to a decent panel beater that doesn't cut corners and costs.

I've seen some work done on my parents and sisters cars by different panel beaters, and while the exterior looks fantastic when it comes out of workshop it's the other things which aren't immediately visable that can cause problems later.

My sisters car ended up with heaps or rain water leaking into the cabin of the front vehicle, car was under warranty and Mazda couldn't find where the water was entering the car.

Another example is that one panel beater used some sort of flimsy metal sheeting in the boot area which rusted out after 6 months and you could actually see the ground through the massive hole that it left from the boot.

Panel alignment problems...

Paintwork on plastic bumpers coming off easily and exposing the black plastic.

Oh and a old ford laser that we had where the front panel is suppose to be seperate panel, but the panel beaters joined it to the two fron quarter panels with bog.... :angry:

My rolla had a crash where it was driven (by my beautiful and lovely girlfriend) into the back of a car with a mutha-effing huge tow bar. Bumper was stuffed (as was number plate) but the quarter panels and bonnet were untouched, but now a little moved. Interior was a bit like your pic - that central frame with the horn was dead in line with the towbar and had been shoved back into the radiator, bending it like a banana. Luckily no leaks and the car drove fine for the few days it took to sort the insurance.

AAMI took the car and came back two weeks later like new. Only criticism is that the panel fit between the bumper and the quarter panel on one side is not *quite* perfect, but it is hardly noticable.

Hope this reasures you man :unsure: , your car will be fine!

• 2 weeks later...