Supercharge

Hi guys,

This topic's probably been covered a million times, but has anyone Supercharged their Sportivo? I really want to, but I've been told things can go very badly wrong.....

If it has worked, how much did it cost???- I'm thinking it's got to be around $3K...

I'm so very keen to do it, but I don't want to stuff up my gorgeous car....

Thanks,

Jen

Edited by Jen

Well anyways, I know of a guy by the name of The_J_Factor that has superchared his 2ZZ in his 7th Gen Celica. Went fairly smoothly with aftermarket ECU and all other neccesary accesories. There are a few differnt kits availabel, most of them from the states, and most of them expensive. Just google around and you should find them.

You shouldn't break anything as long as you keep the boost down. Plenty of people have boosted their 2ZZ's.

BTW, I know fuk all about this subject, just thought I'd share my small amount of info.

Cheers,

C.j

I would budget 6K minimum...........

Supercharge kit from the states by the time landed would put you close to $4300 and then you need to do some minor stuffing around because it was originally designed for the celica

so that leaves you with around $1700

So unless you go DIY even 6K will not be enough, keep in mind that you would be running with no I/C.

You still need to get it tuned cause it comes with an Greddy Emanage Blue.......that will set you back more $

You could try a blitz kit which would fit quite well I think.......except that it cost even more then the greddy kit

Its not as easy as slapping a S/C on and hoping everything will be fine.... You will need to upgrade other components on the car to make sure they compliment each other.....and also to get it engineered.

Suspension and Brakes are the first thing that come to mind, followed by drivetrain(Clutch, LSD). Its alot to think about.........

$3K @ the standard $70 to $80 per hour which is what workshops charge = 38 to 43 hrs worth of work.

Now depending on what else your going to do ..... and since most workshops would have never fitted a s/c to a 2zz before i could really see you spending that $3K just on the labour and the tune.

Bugger :angry:

I suppose I'll just have to use lift more often and spend the cash I would've spent on getting the work done on extra petrol instead.

Edited by Jen

I suppose I'll just have to use lift more often and spend the cash I would've spent on getting the work done on extra petrol instead.

try contacting TTE (www.tte.com.de) or a UK toyota group. Toyota UK sold the Corolla Compressor basically a supercharged Sportivo, the work was done by TTE so I don't know if they do a kit or not

try contacting TTE (www.tte.com.de) or a UK toyota group. Toyota UK sold the Corolla Compressor basically a supercharged Sportivo, the work was done by TTE so I don't know if they do a kit or not

yes they do make a kit http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TTE-supercharger-kit...VQQcmdZViewItem

at that price your going to spend well over ur $3K budget.

1,650.00 GBP = 3,955.31 AUD ...... just for the charger .... dont forget shipping + customs/duty + fitting + tuning ..... as u can see $3K not gonna get u far