GGII - Project El Cheapo II

RME1

Gamera at the Dyno

2646474_5_full.jpg

2646474_3_full.jpg

2646474_4_full.jpg

Oh yeah...i got ricer looking foglight covers :oops: - Omnipotent already paid me out on them :oops:

*Also saw some of the TOCA ppls today @ Protek.

Nice to see the 'elders' were present :toast:

Congrats on the White Stivo that did 115kw STOCK T_T wtf!

I guess it shows that BP Ultimate is much more consistent then Shell V POWER - which is shown by the Stivo results and the pinging experienced at high RPM (5500++) from Gamera :( , an Audi S3, Honda Accord Euro and Integra

That said, VPower isn't a bad fuel by daily standards....just don't use it on an enthusiatic run /track day too much.

Edited by RME1

am I reading the graph right that the AFR is basically 12:1 across the power range?

Did the dyno guys comment on this being too lean for a boxer without split fuel rails?

congrats jules on your nice ride. looks impressive.

you need to get the current ecu tuned. subaru docklands will do it for around 200 bux if im not mistaken.

but if you intend to mod it. then just leave it and tune it when you get your mods on. Exhaust upgrade is best time to tune it, or you can wack everything on at once and do it to save alot of money.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since i last updated this. Many apologies. The mod bug cut sick and i could not hold off any longer. Luckily, it's not ridiculous and i have yet to get 'Cats eyes/ cats pissers' aka glowing rainbow windscreen washers or under body/scoop neons >_<;; IT is embrassing driving a WRX and driving along/near/passing a WRicerX (Cannon type...u know the ones :ph34r: )

Lastest mods:

- WRX MY00 Rims. Possible black paint. Bunnings style = $4 can

- STi v5 Lip install from On the Run Motorsport in Boxhill

- Rice investment:

Rally Amor Mudflaps - yes i know...rice. But i hate seeing dirt marks on the side of the car due to the fat front tires. Saves investment on respraying a door i guess. They didn't have the black logo styles, so i opted for red. The dollar is doing well atm. $154 posted (not cheap. Not that expensive. ...ok so it is a bit on the dear side...considering i managed to find a set of rims around the same price >_< , but it's 'cheap' considering the 'strong' dollar exchange rates) Here is a demo:

gc8_3.jpg

Edited by RME1

Haha, thanks for your support Tayles!

Ur mate has a TWIN of my car u say!! The Green seems to be a fairly rare sighting these days, especially in GC8 form :D

Right now i'm hovering around Rexnet.com.au and Vicwrx.com.au. There is also wrx.com.au, but from other forum impressions, they seem to be suffering a bit with their management (Mod) direction and there is a lot of politics. >_< .... Toyota world was so peaceful :P

Rexnet would be the best bet, they probably have a fiar few ACT ppls on that....However, i've been stung by dealing with some interstate dude that hasn't sent me my parts i paid for, so please tell ur mate to be wary. $_$ booo

10L/100km T__T i guess if u want to go fast you need to use more fuel. *cough* give me back The Goose! *cough*

Yep, deadset, it's a '99, green like yours, colour-coded mirrors and sideskirts are his only mod, standard everything, 120,000k's, BUT fitted with the "me too"-cannon <_< (it was like that when he got it though). Just trying to track him down a neat set of 17's after he saw my white ones. Is it offset 53 and PCD 5x100? I'll check out those forums to get some mad background knowledge B) thanks dude!

Haha the rex forums sound pretty political! The old CES-based arguments seem tame in comparison - calm waters here these days which is good. I'm always wary of buying online :ph34r: <_< <<---shifty eyes. How much for one of those mad lips?

10L/100km T__T i guess if u want to go fast you need to use more fuel. *cough* give me back The Goose! *cough*

I got 8l/100km last week, and that was a fairly 'spirited driving' week. :P

You can have the Goose back if I get Gamera, Deal? :P :P :P

Thanks mate :D

El Cheapo aint' dead, the concept out grew the car :P

The Goose went up to QLD for further R 'n R, I'm sure we'll be hearing more about her yet

Winton Results

So we made the trip up there with Josh at arounds 4amish.

I hit a bird on the way to winton :? ...two birds... :x I don't think they can see green very good, because the first bird pooed itself on my frikkin headlight cover. Lucky i got those rice accessories. :lol:

We rocked up at arounds 7am. 30mins before start up and organsied the parking bays, kicking those early birds out who took up the exclusive 'EXE Garage' :twisted: I do that. I'm army :roll:

The day before Des and I changed into the WRX My00 Bum tires. From the tread, it looked like they have seen a track before. But they were dirt cheap...so cool banana's 8)

Session 1: Jules Practice - 2:07.8830 2:12.0540 2:01.4450 2:00.2290 1:58.3320 2:07.6820 2:01.0770

...The Goose's "best" was 1.58.36. Time to go home :roll: My shifting points for the Rex was at 4000rpm....so from the dyno graph, i was using 100kw out of the 133kw that was really on tap

And I sort of went too hot into the same turn...for two consecutive laps, providing Jason and many others good entertainment value. :twisted:

IMG_0217Large.jpg

Session 2: Des Practice - 2:04.8100 2:06.2260 1:58.4330 2:06.7340 2:02.9330 2:07.2500 2:32.7840

...The power was great, Des broke the 2min barrier. :lol: Haha, Des went deep into the same corner as I did...providing more entertainment value for Jas

Session 3: Jules Flying - 2:02.2300 2:01.7880 1:59.8150 1:58.5920 1:58.5570 1:59.0790 1:58.3890

After S3, Des and I realised that everyone from the "Noobie" group was starting to crack into the 1:55's. We were like WTF? How come we can't get in with that group? So we shotgun rides in group D. Des went with Kain and I went along with Daz.

Awesome! We both realised that we were under-utilising the power and grip of the Rex. I.e. Daz was shifting at like 6000RPM and going as fast as 140km into the (*)(*) whilst we were only shifting at 4k and reaching maybe 100km at best. :oops:

Under advice of Shaun and Seamu, we jack the tire pressures up from 35 to 38 cold.

Session 4: Des Flying- 2:13.7190 2:00.7060 1:59.1670 2:06.9150 2:02.4180 2:01.0170 1:56.8290

So Des was first to crack a little bit lower... from his observations the tire pressures did a world of difference. He also gained more confidence going faster into the (*)(*) and also onto the final chicane. He was over the moon to finally get us out of the 1.58's...

Session 5: Jules Flying - 1:59.3270 1:53.4230 1:53.6500 2:04.5860 1:56.0180 1:53.9960

..And then Des was disappointed that i went faster :twisted:

Thanks heaps to team Kiwi (Cain and D-Mag) for giving us valuable insight to the world of driving lines, crazy speed and very very very very late braking. :D

The tires were screwed. Plenty of meat, but not much side action. The camber on the rears meant that grippy land was far far away come S4 & S5. It was amazing how the Rex could still grip the front and pretty much man handle the rear to get onto the lines that we wanted.

She will be dearly missed :cry: .

Edited by RME1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Final update. The GC8 is gone :( . I'm back at Toyota :D

Was wondering why did you delete half you posts on this thread?

Some posts were just random thoughts. It was easier to view without scrolling through the pages?