Speed Camera and red light detector

dannywss

Ok, i m fxxking tired of receiving fines for speeding, WHY in 60 zone, driving 66 has to be fined?!

Solution, i go to get my navman, with speed and red light POIs, works really well, very happy till nowadays, red light is not only red light but with speed detector too and speed light also has red light function... and there are more and more cameras every where in melb, hidden, or cops hiding behind bushes...

i went to ebay, hope to find some camera or laser or any detector that might help me solve this problem, and found a prob...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...atchlink:top:au

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-EARLY-W...sspagenameZWD2V

Does it really work in Australia? IF anyone can help me with this, i will be really really happy and LOVEEEE UUU!!

Thanks~

p/s: dont tell me to stop driving fast, its nearly impossible.

from what i think....why not...i think all police everywhere almost using the same speed gun, or speed cameras. it does not concern regions. well thats what i thought anyway. speed gun or speed cameras in US has no different to Australia ones. well hopefully that helps.

Ok, i m fxxking tired of receiving fines for speeding, WHY in 60 zone, driving 66 has to be fined?!

Solution, i go to get my navman, with speed and red light POIs, works really well, very happy till nowadays, red light is not only red light but with speed detector too and speed light also has red light function... and there are more and more cameras every where in melb, hidden, or cops hiding behind bushes...

i went to ebay, hope to find some camera or laser or any detector that might help me solve this problem, and found a prob...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...atchlink:top:au

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-EARLY-W...sspagenameZWD2V

Does it really work in Australia? IF anyone can help me with this, i will be really really happy and LOVEEEE UUU!!

Thanks~

simplest solution of all... DON'T SPEED!!!!!

also, unless you are in WA, detectors are highly illegal and the fine for using one runs into the $1000s

no it's not, everyone else seems to manage it, why the F**K can't you...

also, unless you are in WA, detectors are highly illegal and the fine for using one runs into the $1000s

yea the detectors are illegal...

ok im not gonna tell you not to speed.. just leave your car in the garage and dont drive at all. if you cant be responsible on the roads and avoid the trouble of a fine, not to mention the risk you pose to others on the road, then start walkin!

Haha, if you think a fine for driving 6km/h over the limit is bad, buy a detector and see what the nice police officers do to you :)

The GPS devices that also warn about fixed speed and red light cameras are pretty cool, apart from adjusting your attitude they're your best hope.....

My mate had a detector in his car. The police have a radar detector detector and they will get you.

He got pulled over and the police said where is your detector ( it was really well hidden) he said he didn't have one.

They said we have the authority to pull your car apart and leave it by the side of the road and we will.

He showed them where it was. Can not remember the fine but it was huge.

yup.. detectors are illegal in all states except WA and maybe SA...

Melb speed/red light cameras are really bad... Syd isn't too bad.

The GPS device only shows where FIXED cameras are, but not mobile.. which I guess is the main problem.

Get 3 speeding fines more than 25km/h over the limit in a week and you wont have nothing to worry about anymore, makes you respect the speed limits real quick :)

Haha, gotta love how the moral majority latched onto this one. And fair enough too. By all means enjoy cranking ur car, just not down populated streets....

Remember: driving 40 kmh over the limit (anywhere in australia) constitutes a criminal offence!! Which means automatic loss of license, not to mention JAIL TIME!!

And for the Westerners on here, some interesting Trivia. Being a passenger in a vehicle that is speeding will get you done as an accessory! So unless you wanna say that your mate kidnapped you and refused to hear your pleas (which will get them into even more trouble!), best not fly around as a passenger either.

More interesting WA trivia: My good friend's Dad got fined for doing 82 in an 80 zone!! (Marmion Ave)

Cool, theres my 2 cents worth =p

By all means enjoy cranking ur car, just not down populated streets....

yea must agree with that.

if you are in sydney youve got the eastern creek raceway or the dragway to test out your car.. LEGALLY.

if youve got the attitude where its "nearly impossible" not to speed, keep in mind that youre fcuking round on a road that we all have to share. if it was a member of your family who gets hurt coz someone decided they wanted to go over the speed limit, how the hell would you feel?

i guess im the lucky ones that are allowed to use them :P but im still getting fined but just not THAT big of a fine :P

agreed with everything Dylan has said, stop being a knob and grow up.

And for the Westerners on here, some interesting Trivia. Being a passenger in a vehicle that is speeding will get you done as an accessory! So unless you wanna say that your mate kidnapped you and refused to hear your pleas (which will get them into even more trouble!), best not fly around as a passenger either.

yea i know its a very stupid law...

about a year ago one of my friends got done for driving while on a suspended licence and my other friend also got done for being an accessory to driving while suspended or sumthing like that... lucky that the three other passengers in the car who shall remain nameless got out as soon as they saw the cops... the cops were waiting around the corner watching the car, the three passengers managed to get away but the driver n the other passenger couldn't make it n they got busted...

the driver now is serving a 5year licence suspention and him and the passenger are both on probation

Edited by d_ice