My black 2005 sportivo

daviboy

hey guys, got new Lightbulbs in!

Was going to get HID but didnt wanna screw around with a newish car. Then i was thinking Philips Diamond vision 5000k, but then i saw the prices and there like $100 a pair for H7

So some1 recommended MTEC bulbs, ended up getting MTEC Super White 4350K H11 foglights off the forums

and MTEC Cosmos Blue White 4750K H7 from ebay for around $38 including delivery. They look very nice, except decrease the distance of the light, but i expected that.

27092007167ti9.jpg

Still wating on some LED parklights hopefully comming soon in the mail

Also Ordered a single door sill to replace my dud item.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeh i did get em from ebay. Ah well it was only $3 including shipping, so cant complain. Frikken a bottle of coke costs more these days.

Anyways, 2day i connected my Amps power fuse holder to the battery end. No amps as of yet so just the battery end for now. Had to go 2 jaycar to pick up the Gold Battery fitting looks the goods.

Also went and picked up 1of2 subs that im going 2 install. Its and Image Dynamics ID8v3 8" sub. telling you it weighs quite a bit for a little subby. heres some teasers!!

01102007168mf8.jpg

01102007169ac8.jpg

Also went and got some quotes on amps. Want a 1 or 2 channel amp to run the subs. and a 4channel for my speakers.

Looked at Rockford Fosgate Punch series amps, got a decent deal on them and let me say they are so underrated. I went in2 the store and the guy showed me the birthsheets.

Might get them.

some progress piccies of my Sub/boot install.

03102007172sk0.jpg

Fig 1: Masking tape and foil to apply fiberglass/resin to and to protect the cars trim from damage.

03102007173qb5.jpg

Fig 2: Showing MDF ring i made for the sub in the approximate position of how its going 2 be.

03102007174uj1.jpg

Fig 3: Showing position of actual sub.

03102007175ha3.jpg

Fig 4: Fiberglass/resin applied, put 2 layers so far, when dry, will pull out and do around 5 layers.

Thats all for now, hopefuly do the 3rd and 4th layer 2morrow after work, then hit the other side on the weekend.

some more updates 6/10

Done another layer of fiberglass on the original left side, and made a start on the right side today

06102007181fq2.jpg

The thing im worried about is the size difference, because both sides arnt the same shape to make a copy of, the right side will be slightly larger then the other. I am trying my best to do it the same but theres no real way of measuring the curves. Any ideas?

06102007182jn3.jpg

Also fed my 4guage Power cable through the car, connected it to my fuse holder (took the fuse out ofcourse) and now its coiled in the boot waiting for amps, im happy with the setup under the bonnet.

06102007183fj3.jpg

06102007184hg2.jpg

Any feedback welcome!

Ordered some cable yesterday to make my own RCA cables. bought 18m of 2core cable and 12 Gold RCA connectors. Ended up costing around $75 including shippin which will equate to 3 sets of RCAs made to length. It will normally cost around $25 each anyways.

Well done m8 Im not much of a stereo person but your subs are going to look sweat as in those diy boxes good job got some more pics?? O and has the sound deadening made any diference on the car at all ?? Is it much quieter?? Keep us up to date

umm, yeh thats all the pics i got of the stereo build so far, i can tell the difference in the Sound deadening in the doors, a lot more bass from the speakers, not so much the boot yet, but thats just for less vibes from the subby.

UPDATE 12/10/07

Got some goodies today. Damn interest free terms, they sucked me in so bad ended up spending 1.5k

12102007236ui9.jpg

12102007234be1.jpg

12102007235xv9.jpg

Ended up getting:

Rockford Fosgate P400-4 - 4 channel amp

" " " " " " P400-2 - 2 channel amp

MB Quart EKA-116 - 6.5" coax speakers

Power cable

Fused Distribution block.

Minor UPDATE

got the angle grinder out and started shaping the FG boxes to fit car moulds. Started gluing support pieces to the box to hold MDF ring. Hot glue gun doesnt work for crap with fiberglass, so i used liquid nails and will wait till 2morrow.

Im trying to make them as identical as i can to each other. but its a bit hard when both sides are different shaped moulds.

14102007240yk3.jpg

14102007239og2.jpg

ill do the other 1 2morrow arvo hopefully. And also screw the speakers into the MDF spacers in the doors, hopefully will be dry by then.

UPDATE

Seems like im getting done more than i can be bothered to, which is good.

Got the rings for the fiberglass boxes in placed, and put Masking tape to make the shape. The reason why i used masking tape and not Material is cos the supports for the ring wouldnt withstand the pressure of cloth being stretched over it.

15102007242ca8.jpg

15102007243my2.jpg

15102007244bd5.jpg

15102007245bf0.jpg

Like i said earier, they wont be the exact same size due to different shaped side moulds, so i made a compromise.

UPDATE 16/10/07

Tidied up some wiring today, ran it through back of seat, Mounted Fused Distro Block.

Also Cut out MDF boards to mount on the back of seats, also some Perspex to go with it.

16102007247cg9.jpg

16102007248bf7.jpg

Thats all for now

small update, ran speaker wire from front doors to the back where the amps will be. All i am waiting on now is Carpet to start trimming the MDF board to mound on the back of seats. once i do that, i can wire the front speakers to the amp and Sound deaden and seal the front doors.

Run all speakers from Amp

and jst finish off the sub boxes! almost there!

UPDATE 18/10/07

hey guys, went and bought some Grey upholstery carpet. I think i got ripped off.

Anyways. trimmed the MDF base of the back seat i made up, its 9mm MDF with a 5 or 6mm layer of perspex, with Amp sitting on top.

And here is a result of all of that.

18102007255lq6.jpg

18102007256ba1.jpg

Im quite happy with em so far. Just gotta make the holes a bit bigger for the wires to poke through, and mount the thing to the back of the seat.

Comments and Compliments and criticisms all welcome

UPDATE 19/10/07

Hey guys and girls

Made some more progress today on wiring the amps n whatnot.

19102007259eu4.jpg

19102007260jn4.jpg

19102007261ew0.jpg

19102007262fx1.jpg

All i need to do is solder the RCA connectors onto the RCA cable and plug them into the back of deck. Also need to remove front door trims to connect speaker cable to crossovers.

So im hoping tomorrow ill have amplified speakers. All i need to do after that is, finish sub boxes off, and false floor.

Wat yas recon?

UPDATE 20/10/07

Finished with all he RCAs and everything. Both amps are wired. Speakers are working. The only thing is got a slight engine whine. Barely noticable but its there.

But all in all, im very happy. Cant wait to get my subs in there.

20102007264cm9.jpg