My black 2005 sportivo

daviboy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

met you at the meet/cruise over the weekend and i just love the attention to detail on your car Daviboy, very nice job :clap:

hope to see you at the next meet and do give us a sample of what your systems got hehe :D

• 2 months later...

UPDATE 4/11/08

DIY Taillight mod for Facelift.

dsc00333jr3.jpg

Took a good while to do cos the Solder wouldnt stick to the Metal or the conductor. Managed to get it done somehow, also no need to get 21w/5w globes, for the facelift all you need is the single filament globe which is 21w. Because it only has a single conductor in the spare socket. FYI

Also installed TRD front Strut that everybody wanted.

dsc00331pv0.jpg

dsc00332fi0.jpg

Can feel the front end a bit stiffer.

This weekend will be getting service done and a few other things, currently at 33000kms.

Penrite HPR 5 oil. + Filter change

Bendix General CT front pads

Possibly some new sparkplugs although not needed.

King lows in front and Superlows in the rear, thats right, getting rid of the D2s.

Looks good dave, really like the jdm rear tail light mod. Although you will regret going back to king springs and standard shocks especially with those mods. Get yourself some cusco coilovers to compliment the sway bars/strut bars ;)

Looks good dave, really like the jdm rear tail light mod. Although you will regret going back to king springs and standard shocks especially with those mods. Get yourself some cusco coilovers to compliment the sway bars/strut bars ;)

once the Stock shox give up, i will probably get some Konis or KYB shox. and when i can afford it.

But at the moment i think itll keep my happy, except for the bald tyres. Gotta either change to decent tyres or get some rims n tyres.

Good idea...cause i know with my acscent (not sure if the 1zze and 2zze have different shocks) with the king springs and stock shocks there is still alot of body roll and whales around alot compared to if i had good shocks. Even if you dont get coilovers get some good shocks that work with the king springs. Cause at the end of the day coilovers are just a good spring and shock combo thats adjustable.

UPDATE 10/11/08

hey peeps, got my car serviced. got my rear swaybar put in, underbrace put in, kingsprings, oilchange, air filter changed, front brake pads and front rotors machined.

The car handles like a dream now, 0=body roll. Well for me anyways.

Next couple of mods will be replacing front and rear toyota badges with Black painted units. And Gear selector bushings changed.

Anyways, heres a couple of pics i took with the bars in the car. The overall height didnt change much when i put the kings springs in compared to the D2's, the front sits a mill or 2 higher but looks pretty level to my eyes.

Tanabe sustec Underbrace for front.

dsc00338cc3.jpg

TRD 23mm rear swaybar

dsc00340cc2.jpg

Cars height currently.

dsc00341th5.jpg

dsc00342pz3.jpg

yep mainly comfort. And the noises from the pillowballs. But ye the Swaybar and underbrace and front strut dramatically improve handling. But im not sure which 1 does what, cos i got it all put in at the same time.

And Yus, if a rear strut brace comes up in the buy sell seciton, ill be looking into it.

But for now, the only letdown is tyres, oh and power!

I jst went to beaurepairs in Ryde for price on Toyo Proxes T1R's in 205/50/R16 = $225 fitted/balanced. I was told i can get them for 200 if i look around, so i will

The rear sway bar would of helped with the body roll and the under body brace would of helped with keeping the chassis from flexing and making the chassis abit more rigid which in turn gives you better handling.

yep mainly comfort. And the noises from the pillowballs. But ye the Swaybar and underbrace and front strut dramatically improve handling. But im not sure which 1 does what, cos i got it all put in at the same time.

And Yus, if a rear strut brace comes up in the buy sell seciton, ill be looking into it.

But for now, the only letdown is tyres, oh and power!

I jst went to beaurepairs in Ryde for price on Toyo Proxes T1R's in 205/50/R16 = $225 fitted/balanced. I was told i can get them for 200 if i look around, so i will

Yep mate keep looking around. I live in WA and can still get a price like that. Try a Tyrepower. I think they tend to carry Toyos so might be cheaper. Was gonna get the Adrenalines at 200 ea but they all out, but very happy with the T1Rs :D