My black 2005 sportivo

daviboy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dat is farkin sweet.so when you comming my pplace to do the same setup for me?? loll

mate, i doubt i have the patience to do it all again.

Ill be interested to know how much a professional workshop would charge for all this, out of curiousity.

I know that the fiberglass woofer boxes would be around 300 each...interesting to know.

Theres a cruise going on this sunday going to EDSACC recreational park, Bateau bay at 10am, apparently gonna be very big, so if any1 is interested to come along here are the details.

When : Sunday 18th November 2007

Where : EDSACC recreational park, Bateau bay

Cost : FREE...

Time : Meet up at Homebush P6 at 10am for 10:30 Departure

Other details No racing, hooning, burnouts or any other illegal or stupid behaviour will be tolerated. But it should be a good cruise down to the beach. Get some cars out and just have a good day of fun, cruising and cars. The more the merrier as far as i am concerned so come and join us to launch teamSTEALTH. This cruise is open to anybody and anyone who enjoys cars and the scene any make,model and era.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Picked up my other sub today. FINALLY. Installed it, but wierd thing happend.

They are Dual 4ohm subs, ive paralelled them at the sub, then tried seriesing them up near the amp. So at the amp it will be 4ohm bridged. But when i turned it on, there was no bass? the subs werent moving at all. And the protection light wasnt on either.

So at the moment they are running each channel of the 2 channel amp, they are 2ohm stable. but stereo i think

What do you think the problem is?

p1010237rs0.jpg

p1010238lc5.jpg

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 01/03/08

I Got Coilovers

D2 Coilovers, Picked them up this morning. 2nd hand

dsc00192sv4.jpg

Hopefully put them in next weekend.

Also Stripped the boot to get it read, was a bitch taking out my subs n stuff. Also installed some Red footwell LEDs

UPDATE 01/03/08

I Got Coilovers

D2 Coilovers, Picked them up this morning. 2nd hand

dsc00192sv4.jpg

Hopefully put them in next weekend.

Also Stripped the boot to get it read, was a bitch taking out my subs n stuff. Also installed some Red footwell LEDs

he dude! the car looks great! ive been keen on the D2 coilovers, but have been abit hessitant becoz ive heard mixd opinions on them.

since you have a rolla, itd be great if you can give me some feedbak on them!

cheers!

he dude! the car looks great! ive been keen on the D2 coilovers, but have been abit hessitant becoz ive heard mixd opinions on them.

since you have a rolla, itd be great if you can give me some feedbak on them!

cheers!

Ye dude. Once i install them and see how it handles n stuff. Will let you know, but all ive heard is positive comments about them.

Another picture of my COilovers

p1010200en8.jpg

Few questions about them though.

1. Where is the brake line mounting bracket? do i use the existing one off the car?

2. Wheres the bolts for it, do i use the 1s off the car?

3. And whats those little Rubber circle things that come with it? do i use them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by daviboy

UPDATE 8/3/08

Car is finally lowered. Got my D2 coilovers put in today. Handles so much better, i can go so much faster around bends.

The only thing is, i expected it to be lower but oh well, i can always do that later. So far so good.

low2kt5.jpg

low1jn8.jpg

p1010201fh8.jpg

yeh it can definitely go lower, just dont have the 2nd C spanner. So i gotta get 1 of them to adjust lower. Or Might just use a hammer and screwdriver to losen the Rings.

As for new shoes, i was thinking Lacoste or Nike, dnno. LOL

Na no new wheels at the moment, cant afford it. Maybe in the next year 2009 get some Gold 18s. We'll c how we go. But im jst getting fed up with the Knocking noise on the front coilovers.

Ive greased up the pillowball area.

Im still wating on those black brackets to secure the Brake line. It is currently cabletied. If any1 can lend me their C spanner in Sydney's North, will be greatly appreciated.

hey pplz, just thought ide post some pics of the car, all washed and waxed and lowered

All from a 2.1 MP camera.

p1010204bmm1.jpg

p1010207bnb4.jpg

p1010208blf0.jpg

p1010209bjz6.jpg

Need to lower the back more still. But i got the Subs back in 2day.

Greasing the pillowball joints proved ineffective for you then?

The knocking isn't a bad thing. It's just annoying. Keep in mind that we have track rated springs as well (I know mine are lol). The guy at the suspension place down here wanted to put tein springs in it to soften it up more. He found it annoying to drive. I told him if I did that I'd grow man cans if I went softer, so I refused his offer.

Personally, I love being able to dart around corners now.

yeh i dun mind the Stiffness or anything, Just when i hear the knocking, sounds like somethings gonna fall off. And also i was looking at

THIS:

post-4042-1205573141_thumb.jpg

And it says that if the height is properly adjusted from the bottom, it will avoid most noises. See i dunno how the previous owner(s) adjusted the height or if it came like that from factory but i left it how it is. And now its in the car and if i wanna adjust it the way it says on the pic. Ide have to take the whole strut out which i dont wanna do.

Where are you located Badboys?

And i dont even know what spec mine are, im hoping they are Street spec.

Edited by daviboy

I'm in the ACT.

Mine definitely weren't lowered by compressing the spring at the front. They were assessed prior to them being lowered more down here in Canberra. The guys at the suspension shop claimed that it would be something internal within the shock, or the springs themselves that are making the noise due to the stiffness. I asked specifically if it would affect their performance, abilty and lifespan. I was told it was annoying more than anything and that they are functioning fine.