My black 2005 sportivo

daviboy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOVE this car daviboy, you've done some awesome work.

Looks extremely hot, and has some individual mods.

Seems a heap of time and effort has gone into it! Great work!

Black is def my fave after red ;)

hey amte cars looking good...........one thing to look out for though is if you get king superlows in rear and lows in front on stock shocks you a$$ will drag.............this will then be fine once you get some KYB's or something as they have diff spring seating heights........but yeah on stock shocks superlows will make a$$ sit alot lower.............my car is flat and level with king low all round......if i get new shocks (prob do coilovers instead) i would have to get superlow for rear to make car sit level etc..............if aftermarket shocks are your intention and you dont mind the a$$ sitting low till you get them go the way your thinking......other wise maybe go low all round and outlay the extra cost (100 -150) for a pair of superlow when you need them.

cheers mate

Edited by jaderd

hey amte cars looking good...........one thing to look out for though is if you get king superlows in rear and lows in front on stock shocks you a$$ will drag.............this will then be fine once you get some KYB's or something as they have diff spring seating heights........but yeah on stock shocks superlows will make a$$ sit alot lower.............my car is flat and level with king low all round......if i get new shocks (prob do coilovers instead) i would have to get superlow for rear to make car sit level etc..............if aftermarket shocks are your intention and you dont mind the a$$ sitting low till you get them go the way your thinking......other wise maybe go low all round and outlay the extra cost (100 -150) for a pair of superlow when you need them.

cheers mate

yeh i know the Low/Superlow combo was recommended with new shox, but it doesnt make sense to me to pay extra when i get new shocks put in. But i understand where you comming from.

IMO there isnt a huge difference in level to my eyes anyways, maybe 2mm difference front to rear it looks like, and when you look at the sideskirt compared to a flat surface, there isnt all much difference.

I like it anyways, but thanx for the heads-up

UPDATE 2/12/08

Got my Stock wheels Powdercoated White. Turned out awsome. Ill let the pictures do the talking, also got some new Tyres.

Toyo Proxes T1R's, havnt had a chance to go for a spirited drive yet but otherwise good tyres.

dsc00377ar1.jpg

dsc00378zj6.jpg

dsc00379de4.jpg

Quick Turnaround, got them done at the same place Dav0 got his done. North Shore Powdercoating.

Next mods left to do, DIY Jaycar Shiftlight and DIY Taillight tints.

Nick was telling me you got yours sprayed white! Looks good, gives it a nice sporty look!

how did nick know? i never told him...hmm, anyways yeh very happy how it came out, now just gotta test the tyres.

Nick was telling me you got yours sprayed white! Looks good, gives it a nice sporty look!

how did nick know? i never told him...hmm, anyways yeh very happy how it came out, now just gotta test the tyres.

holy ***** that looks sweet. looks like a totally different wheel

Davi those rims look killer now :spiteful: .. Your gonna love the T1Rs. They are great wet or dry and are really quiet. I was quite surprised considering it is a high performance tyre.

It wasnt me, maybe someone else!!

Looks good dave, keep it up!!

Will you be leaving the center caps silver??

or maybe go for gold to match your calipers??

Davi those rims look killer now :spiteful: ..

You should see them in person! they look amazing.

Dave you gotta put the photos up from tonight!!

post-5706-1228212437_thumb.jpg

=D

Damn iphone =( crap camera

Heres a few pics from tonights amateur photoshoot. Definitely need an SLR

dsc00387yh0.jpg

dsc00391lq6.jpg

dsc00395gy7.jpg

dsc00380ol3.jpg

Enjoy..Oh and the new tyres are awsome, went for a fang earlier and the thing just keeps gripping. Mated with the suspension upgrades with the rear sway, front strut and underbrace and the thing wont lift off the ground. LOVE IT.

Sorry meant Dav0 wrong person my bad!

:help:

• 2 weeks later...
im suprised how good the wheels turned out! must suck if you scrape them on a gutter though.....

also how do you like paying 500$ a year for personalized plates?

Ye wheels are fab, i was actually suprised how good they turned out. Well actually i heard Powedercoating gives a layer of strength but may be false. I just take extra care when i pull up near the kerb.

And i dont pay 500 a year for my plates cos there not fully personalised. Only $160 a year

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate...the cars looking hot..

do you mind if i ask how much it cost for the powder coating at North Shore Powdercoating.

...ive been thinking of getting them done too...also, how long did it take and did they take the tyres off for you too?

cheers

steve