Brought A Lemon Some Advice Needed. ???

AussieToyotaAvalon

Ok got the Avalon came back yesterday only a few things were seen to the rest were just fogged off again talked to the owner of the place and now there pulling the old "Well you should have brought all this up before you took the car out of the lot".

Were now deciding on if we should keep the car or re-sell the car if we keep the car we will need to respray the roof and back end and front left guard and then get a full RACV report and fix what needs doing and after that then it's worth keeping.

All I can say is DON'T GO TO FRANKSTON TOYOTA for a used car there getting NSW cars in with Vic plates.

Also stick to car yards that get pre RACV checks. Getting a RACV check done on a car you like could take upto 4 weeks depending on RACV bookings and the car dealer is not abliged to hold the car for more then 4 days.

this isnt toyota's fault, this is their(all dealers') way to make business, and as a car buyer, everyone should beware of these, when the money is in yr hand, u have the power to nego and talk, if u paid deposit, u start lossing 80% of yr negotiating power(or should i say all, if u put too much deposit). Dont put deposit unless everything finalized, if he bullshxt bout smb also interested, and urge u to put deposit, tats farkin bullshxt, there are more similar/same car out there waiting for buyer.

IT IS CRUCIAL that buyer check everything carefully, and if the agent said they will fix it, get it written down and signed! Oral presentation cant be proved by law, u will suffer in the end.

If u bought it from auction, they wont prepare RACV checks, but u bought from dealer, u should get RACV check by them even before putting deposit.

Well, take it as an experience then~

Edited by dannywss

Ok got the Avalon came back yesterday only a few things were seen to the rest were just fogged off again talked to the owner of the place and now there pulling the old "Well you should have brought all this up before you took the car out of the lot".

Were now deciding on if we should keep the car or re-sell the car if we keep the car we will need to respray the roof and back end and front left guard and then get a full RACV report and fix what needs doing and after that then it's worth keeping.

All I can say is DON'T GO TO FRANKSTON TOYOTA for a used car there getting NSW cars in with Vic plates.

Also stick to car yards that get pre RACV checks. Getting a RACV check done on a car you like could take upto 4 weeks depending on RACV bookings and the car dealer is not abliged to hold the car for more then 4 days.

this isnt toyota's fault, this is their(all dealers') way to make business, and as a car buyer, everyone should beware of these, when the money is in yr hand, u have the power to nego and talk, if u paid deposit, u start lossing 80% of yr negotiating power(or should i say all, if u put too much deposit). Dont put deposit unless everything finalized, if he bullshxt bout smb also interested, and urge u to put deposit, tats farkin bullshxt, there are more similar/same car out there waiting for buyer.

IT IS CRUCIAL that buyer check everything carefully, and if the agent said they will fix it, get it written down and signed! Oral presentation cant be proved by law, u will suffer in the end.

If u bought it from auction, they wont prepare RACV checks, but u bought from dealer, u should get RACV check by them even before putting deposit.

Well, take it as an experience then~

In that case either hire a lawyer or only buy new cars how about proper laws put in place to stop this sort of thing with jail terms for repeat offences.

Incase you didn't read my other post's I tried to get a RACV check but they were booked out for about 3 to 4 weeks.

And in this case YES it's Toyota's fualt cuase it came from a Toyota yard.

• 4 years later...

After reading what happened to you that's not surprising how the owner treated you that how he runs the car yard.l to was taken for a row at frankston Toyota there is another court case in august coming up in 2011 for another person been taken advantage of from frankston Toyota l don't know how he has his dealership membership if you want to read more read womow for frankston toyota

You paid how much for an 04 Avalon????? holy smoke! we have a gold one here exactly the same with 90,000kms for 10k... lol

You paid how much for an 04 Avalon????? holy smoke! we have a gold one here exactly the same with 90,000kms for 10k... lol

You must have missed the bit where it said that this was in 2007...

how could it be a 2007 Avalon? Aurion replaced Avalon mid 2006...

He must have bought a special dealer imported American 2007 Avalon.

I hope you're just trolling.

He bought a 2004 model in 2007....

He bought a 2004 model in 2007....

Exactly - my point was that this thread is ~4 years old. A 3-year old 2004 model sold second-hand in 2007 is going to be worth a lot more than 2004 one sold second-hand in 2011....

yeah right, didn't realise it was 3-4 years old my bad... somebody must of being digging deep to pull this one up again.

lol - i had the same thought before I looked at the date... i was wondering why anyone would pay more than $5K for an avalon...

This is a hard lesson to learn... I have learnt this lesson with a car and from now on I trust my gut instinct...

The deal seemed too good to be true - so here is a list of phrases to NEVER believe from a used car dealership, and in fact, if any of these lines are dropped you should just cease talking immediately and walk away with no explanation:

- 1 female owner (thrashed by a school mum trying to fit everything into her day)

- previously owned by a little old lady just to go to the shops (never serviced, never maintained, never driven long enough for the engine to warm up causing damage)

- it was a fleet vehicle, it has high km's but it was serviced and maintained (now this isn't always true, but there is a high chance that things will start continually going wrong due to the age of the engine and chassis in kms - regardless of service history)

I've had all of them given to me before and after my first experience with BS from a dealer, as soon as they try and give me some kinda back story that sounds too good to be true, it must be and I walk away and don't give it the chance to bite me...

Get the media power involved if you aren't getting the satisfied results.

I am sure ACA or Today Tonight will be interested to hear from you.

You should report this incident to Toyota Australia as well, this kind of dealer should be off the market.

how many km's were on it tho?

once you reach that 200,000km mark everything starts to need to be getting replaced and the car starts to literally eat money...

QLD Govt cars are quite good because they swap them at 40,000km at the worst... but the place I work for, for instance, has a small fleet of cars, and although they are maintained, they have done around the 200,000km mark in a 4 years period and are having to have various bits and pieces replaced and the vehicles aren't that old... they get trashed and serviced but are still starting to show their use-by date...

how many km's were on it tho?

once you reach that 200,000km mark everything starts to need to be getting replaced and the car starts to literally eat money...

QLD Govt cars are quite good because they swap them at 40,000km at the worst... but the place I work for, for instance, has a small fleet of cars, and although they are maintained, they have done around the 200,000km mark in a 4 years period and are having to have various bits and pieces replaced and the vehicles aren't that old... they get trashed and serviced but are still starting to show their use-by date...

The pool-car Astras (60th Anniversary) at workhave only done 70-80,000km and they're already starting to fall apart, glovebox on one won't stay closed, sunvisors falling off, the tranny on the other one is starting to whine and shift slowly (made even worse by the fact that they are gutless already) - I'd hate to see what they'd be like after 150,000km...