Done for "Undue Noise" in Sportivo

I got done for the exact same thing!!! I was coming onto the highway and yeah well you know the rest.....

I got a noise test done thanks to Trev at CES. Wrote a letter and sent it to the Officer in charge of the nearest Police headquarters.... I got off. But they basically said it was illegal but dont do it again.

I still have the letter and plan of framing it just to show that the police will try to get you for anything..

Just on a side note: The officer who booked me was in an unmarked Accord Euro, and told me he saw me be "B-line" the rather large round about that i used to get onto the highway. And in his efforts to catch up to me (i did not exceed the 110 speed limit), he wnt through a speed camera. And yep it went FLASH!!!! :toast:

Not that he will ever get that fine..... Oh that was a fun night hey Dee

Edited by Ashs Red Rolla

I have an ITG pod with my TRD CAI on my car. When I come to Sydney for the national meet you can gauge how loud it is. But I will tell you this - A CES CAI with the K&N filter it comes with is by far louder than the TRD CAI or any other I have heard.We have noise tested cars on the dyno at the CES dyno day. Most with the CES exhaust system are around the 87-90db. Some with aftermarket cannons etc are as high as 118db. Just crazy!!

We measured intake noise and TRD CAI's with the TRD filter were 110db. Cannot remember what some of the others were. But were all around that range(107 to 115db)

I don't think the K&N is that loud at all....I have an Apexi and that thing is louder I reckon. The apexi roars whereas the K&N screams like a girl, either way I reckon the noise from an intake is loud. Lots of comments from family members saying that I would definitely get pulled over if a police officer heard that.

bADbOYz - what are you smoking? Some of those comments are killing me

Tis the age of Insanity my friend! Let go of your concious self and be a crazied weird schizophrenic looney like me!

Light hearted / obscure / minimalism ftw!

review_skeksil_1.jpg

I HAVE LIFT! C-CAWWWWWWW!!!

----------------------------

Blk good luck with it. Any updates as of yet? Interested to see how this pans out.

bADbOYz - what are you smoking? Some of those comments are killing me

Tis the age of Insanity my friend! Let go of your concious self and be a crazied weird schizophrenic looney like me!

Light hearted / obscure / minimalism ftw!

review_skeksil_1.jpg

I HAVE LIFT! C-CAWWWWWWW!!!

----------------------------

Blk good luck with it. Any updates as of yet? Interested to see how this pans out.

your funny, but lay of the crack!

I am off the crack.

'IF' I were 'on' the crack then I'd probably have formed my own Badger Cult dedicated to increasing Toyota's global dominance through branding.

Imagine...Toyota Toothpaste, Toyota Handcream, Toyota Fried Chicken, Toyota Towlettes...the list goes on.

But anyway, in all seriousness man I hope it does get cleared up for you. I can imagine becoming very addicted to the intake once it's on. Micky_tee's sounds uber duber.

Perhaps getting a sound test could be the way to go? GG Ash.

I am off the crack.

'IF' I were 'on' the crack then I'd probably have formed my own Badger Cult dedicated to increasing Toyota's global dominance through branding.

Imagine...Toyota Toothpaste, Toyota Handcream, Toyota Fried Chicken, Toyota Towlettes...the list goes on.

But anyway, in all seriousness man I hope it does get cleared up for you. I can imagine becoming very addicted to the intake once it's on. Micky_tee's sounds uber duber.

Perhaps getting a sound test could be the way to go? GG Ash.

hahaha, keep it up uleh.... i've written a letter to the police station if they ask me to get a db reading i'll do that. Loudest Pod filter???? so far we know the apexi is louder then the k & n, anyone else have any input?

I have an ITG pod with my TRD CAI on my car. When I come to Sydney for the national meet you can gauge how loud it is. But I will tell you this - A CES CAI with the K&N filter it comes with is by far louder than the TRD CAI or any other I have heard.We have noise tested cars on the dyno at the CES dyno day. Most with the CES exhaust system are around the 87-90db. Some with aftermarket cannons etc are as high as 118db. Just crazy!!

We measured intake noise and TRD CAI's with the TRD filter were 110db. Cannot remember what some of the others were. But were all around that range(107 to 115db)

I don't think the K&N is that loud at all....I have an Apexi and that thing is louder I reckon. The apexi roars whereas the K&N screams like a girl, either way I reckon the noise from an intake is loud. Lots of comments from family members saying that I would definitely get pulled over if a police officer heard that.

Dude it's not the K&N that makes the CAI louder. The CES CAI IS LOUDER than the TRD CAI hands down.

Dude it's not the K&N that makes the CAI louder. The CES CAI IS LOUDER than the TRD CAI hands down.

Hey mate is the CES and AEM CAI the same design?

Bren said 'dude'. Heheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaarrrrr.

Ze CES ish bigga diameter ja?

Bren said 'dude'. Heheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaarrrrr.

Ze CES ish bigga diameter ja?

Yeah it is bigger diameter and no the CES design is not like the AEM it's more like TRD design.

are some traffic lights apart from fixed speed cameras also with noise detectors?

i saw this on the news, they're starting to unroll it in Melbourne. probably be happening in sydney before you know it

basically to stop noise pollution