Done for "Undue Noise" in Sportivo

"You are a pirate! THE HIGH CAM PIRATE! YAARRR!"

u funny bugger, i'm gonna go ahead and write a letter stating that it complies with the ADR regulations and therefore impossible to make undue noise. I'll get it tested if I have to.

I'd fight that. It's stock from the factory wtf are you supposed to do? Stupid police. Just don't understand VVTLi or V-tec.

the CAI does make it loud!! :)

technically the CAI could be said to be part of exhaust system ...?? if you do fight it probz best to remove CAI

Edited by steinny72

Ah yes! That could be it. Just read your shopping list. The CAI indeed makes it QUITE loud old chap.

Make an attempt to contest it still and put your stock airbox back on. Muahahaaaaa!

*Conjures magical 2zz-ge powered mechano-turkey* Tally ho! *wave*

I'd fight that. It's stock from the factory wtf are you supposed to do? Stupid police. Just don't understand VVTLi or V-tec.

the CAI does make it loud!! :)

technically the CAI could be said to be part of exhaust system ...?? if you do fight it probz best to remove CAI

Yeah I agree lets see how this pans out.

I would take it to an EPA registered tester. It will cost you about $35 from memory.

they have equipment to take noise readings. If you think its under the 92db, then send them the EPA test and they will have to detract it. then keep the test with you at all times in case you are pulled over.

If however you are over, then you are kinda screwed. My old STi was about 110db and was constantly getting an EPA notice,

I had a stock exhaust made up to connect to my larger exhaust. then take it to a garage 2 minutes up the road from the EPA tester.

I wuold take it to the grage, swap exhausts, pass the test with flying colours, swap it back to my loud exhaust, then drive away

undue noise can relate to intakes, BOV's, exhaust etc.

yeah i hear ya, now does anyone know which specific pod filter brand & model that is loudest 2 suit our CAI's?

Edited by BLKVVTIL

*Rides back in on mechano-turkey and dismounts*

Bill had an ITG pod on his TRD cai when he had it (now in my possession). Is this sucker the loudest? It certainly looks it, what with it's non-restrictive design o.O

*Rides back in on mechano-turkey and dismounts*

Bill had an ITG pod on his TRD cai when he had it (now in my possession). Is this sucker the loudest? It certainly looks it, what with it's non-restrictive design o.O

Have you heard this particiular ITG pod on the car? was it loud? I luv intake noise! lol

so you got done for undue noise and now want to make the car louder?

You bet he does!

You go girlfriend! *dances*

haha, yeah mate, that was bad luck......so we have a little bit of intake noize.... it's not so loud compared to something running boost with a 3" system.

I would take it to an EPA registered tester. It will cost you about $35 from memory.

they have equipment to take noise readings. If you think its under the 92db, then send them the EPA test and they will have to detract it. then keep the test with you at all times in case you are pulled over.

If however you are over, then you are kinda screwed. My old STi was about 110db and was constantly getting an EPA notice,

I had a stock exhaust made up to connect to my larger exhaust. then take it to a garage 2 minutes up the road from the EPA tester.

I wuold take it to the grage, swap exhausts, pass the test with flying colours, swap it back to my loud exhaust, then drive away

Thanks Gipper, very helpful.

You bet he does!

haha, yeah mate, that was bad luck......so we have a little bit of intake noize.... it's not so loud compared to something running boost with a 3" system.

I know a member on here was pulled over by the cops in a similar situation to yours. "You aren't driving this home tonight mate." the cop said.

They then proceeded to test his exhaust noise level and became puzzled at how the 'loud' noise they heard was not apparent this time around.

"Rev it harder." Cop says. "That's as far as it goes it's nearly on redline!" said Member as he revved it to 5,500rpm.

Cop couldn't pin member with anything. Let member go.

All I can say is...

HAW HAW HAW...silly police man.

/end

You bet he does!

I know a member on here was pulled over by the cops in a similar situation to yours. "You aren't driving this home tonight mate." the cop said.

They then proceeded to test his exhaust noise level and became puzzled at how the 'loud' noise they heard was not apparent this time around.

"Rev it harder." Cop says. "That's as far as it goes it's nearly on redline!" said Member as he revved it to 5,500rpm.

Cop couldn't pin member with anything. Let member go.

All I can say is...

HAW HAW HAW...silly police man.

/end

They asked me to pop the hood and give it a hit which I did, wasn't noisey, buggers still wrote out the fine.

I have an ITG pod with my TRD CAI on my car. When I come to Sydney for the national meet you can gauge how loud it is. But I will tell you this - A CES CAI with the K&N filter it comes with is by far louder than the TRD CAI or any other I have heard.We have noise tested cars on the dyno at the CES dyno day. Most with the CES exhaust system are around the 87-90db. Some with aftermarket cannons etc are as high as 118db. Just crazy!!

We measured intake noise and TRD CAI's with the TRD filter were 110db. Cannot remember what some of the others were. But were all around that range(107 to 115db)