ITR VS COROLLA

If both cars had the same power @ the wheels, suspension, mods and so forth... @ the same level

would both car be identical in performance or would one car be better than the other...

example: the Corolla would be better in the handling department due to the advanced superior chassis... (not sure if true but it is a example)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If both cars had the same power @ the wheels, suspension, mods and so forth... @ the same level

would both car be identical in performance or would one car be better than the other...

example: the Corolla would be better in the handling department due to the advanced superior chassis... (not sure if true but it is a example)

aaaaaahh noooo......

where's bangn

Corolla would have no chance. ITR has much better chassis, drivetrain, suspension design, etc

ITR is lighter...but the Sportivo has 4 doors and sits 5

with regards to power...need to take into consideration the power curve and when does all the power kick in in the rev range...same power doesn't mean same performance

i think it's still comparing apple and orange...one's a pure track oriented machine straight from the factory, the other's a 5 door hatch with a little more oomph than a common corolla

This is going to get ugly.

Basically your asking if both cars retained their chassis but had the same suspension fitted and had the same power?

The ITR would still win, it is a lot lighter.

U asked for me Shao? :spiteful:

SLUG

Performance Mods:

Injen CAI

Hondata IMG

Custon 2.5" catback

Ported headers

Exedy ceramic clutch

Whiteline F+R Swaybars

C-ONE Front strut

Cusco Zero2 coilovers

C-ONE Bonnet

RE050 Tyres

Dyno: 118.8

Drags: 14.46

Winton : 1:47

DC2R

I/H/E

Spoon TB

Coilovers

F+R strut

crappy tyres

Dyno: 114.7

Drags: 14.08

Winton: 1:44

So therefore in terms of mod for mod im sure these 2 cars are comparable but ITR wins hands down.

On another note fixing my AFR should get me into the 13's B) Somewhere a NA Corolla has never been :lol::clap:

Edited by BanGn

simply look at the centre of gravity of the ITR compared to the Corolla and you see the 1st advantage there before even getting into the more advance suspension geometry (particularly on the rear where the corolla really does suck)

hasn't this been coverd?

corolla sportivo rear suspension ftw hahah semi independant torsien beam rear suspension lol.

even celicas have irs :P

corolla sportivo weights in at 1200kg?

Edited by vyets

One thing to remember is a the Type R is pretty much a purpose built car to be driven hard and tracked. The Corolla on the otherhand is not built for the same purpose; its a small family car.

Edited by ar44

itr comes with stock front and rear struts, lsd double wishbone suspension, buckseats and weighing in at 1000kg. it's un compareable to the corolla in a "track race" but on the street where comfort matters. the corolla bumps it up with a 4 door, leather interior air conditioning reclinable rear seats :P

As KT (aka Drift King) would say in his touge battles

"Its all about balance not about power"

Anyways back on topic...

I think even if you fiddle with every aspect of the car to bring two cars up to the same level, there is one thing that you can't really change....that would be the chassis.

Don't compare the corolla with any other purpose built sports cars, cause at the end of the day the sportivo is not one.

But I love my corolla and would never trade in the 5 door hatch for a 2 door coupe.

so its really got to do with the chassis development, weight, centre of gravity and suspension set up.

woah... never lookd that far into it before.... i thought that performance would be quite similar if the car was moded to a high level.

Edited by DuGong

I think a JDM Levin Ae111 if i'm right will be a better comparison to a dc2r, chasis are both similar in style, both low and nimble, the only advantage dc2r has is engine displacement. But then again its not hard to up the power on a 20v....

ROLLAS ARE LIKE A FAT LADY <_<

20V 4age sucks.......no offense though.

It sure sounds sweet because of the Quads. 5 valve per head was more or less a marketing gimmick. The engine in the ITR are hand built or blueprinted dunno which one though.

A vehicle modded to a high level will bring out the best of the cars chasis. Its kinda like makeup on woman, if the woman was beautiful to begin with then little to no makeup will still make her shine amongst others....whereas if you started with someone on the other side of the spectrum....

The 2ZZ-GE is just 'tuned' by Yamaha LOL

You do know that Yamaha designed the whole head of the 2zz and everyone i have spoken to has said they have never seen a stock head with a better design...also i do belive that stock for stock the 2zz has more power per L too....