ITR VS COROLLA

The 2ZZ-GE is just 'tuned' by Yamaha LOL

You do know that Yamaha designed the whole head of the 2zz and everyone i have spoken to has said they have never seen a stock head with a better design...also i do belive that stock for stock the 2zz has more power per L too....

and more torque

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a JDM Levin Ae111 if i'm right will be a better comparison to a dc2r, chasis are both similar in style, both low and nimble, the only advantage dc2r has is engine displacement. But then again its not hard to up the power on a 20v....

ROLLAS ARE LIKE A FAT LADY <_<

DC2R and AE111 are really no comparison... DC2R wins by miles as they are not built for the same market...

EK4 or EM1 though... will be very close match with AE111 since they all had a 4-door sedan variant and same engine capacity and very similiar engine output... then again... i'd say hondas are more passionated and performance oriented so they build very good driver's cars

i reckon the gen7 celica would probably be a better comparison to the DC2R... similiar layout but celica has no LSD and got more weight... so yea... DC2R is still the winner

You do know that Yamaha designed the whole head of the 2zz and everyone i have spoken to has said they have never seen a stock head with a better design...also i do belive that stock for stock the 2zz has more power per L too....

and more torque

wrong!

the 2zz n b18c both have equal power outputs at 141kw @ the fly however the b18c has a tiny bit more torque @ around about 190 Nm i think... brian is that right mang?? whereas the 2zz has 180Nm of torque

moreover, honda's vtec not only starts earlier but ends later too, so more of that high cam action yO

Edited by wei wei

dc2rs engines are getting on up in the kilometres now, so does it really matter if it's hand built or not ? Also, most of them are probably modded from stock anyway which would upset the balance and setup from factory.

i cant belive i wated my time reading this forum.

Oh boy, new 'quote in sig' time.

Nelsons says:

"ITR good for a 'no sh!t' NA weapon. Corolla good for a bit of relaxation and poke action (both ways...hah...hahahaha...hah)."

and more torque

wrong!

the 2zz n b18c both have equal power outputs at 141kw @ the fly however the b18c has a tiny bit more torque @ around about 190 Nm i think... brian is that right mang?? whereas the 2zz has 180Nm of torque

moreover, honda's vtec not only starts earlier but ends later too, so more of that high cam action yO

i think you will find the b18c is 134 ft·lbf (181nm) where the 2zz-ge is 138 ft·lbf (187nm) :yahoo:

AHH!!!

I'll say it again then.

Closer analysis: Performance

ITR = Quicker due to design and chassis makeup.

Sportivo = A get around car that has punch and the ability to go a bit quicker.

Closer analysis: Shag

ITR = harder to shag in back.

Sportivo = Rear recline snowplow sexy time action.

/end

If you mod both cars.(regardless the money issue) Could you get the close result? :unsure:

wat im asking is...

if both cars are modified to a extent ie motor rebuild, suspension braces lsd... but retain the interior and be street legal. would performance be similar for the track....

i dun want to compare rolla to the itr stock for stock...

If you mod both cars.(regardless the money issue) Could you get the close result? :unsure:

wat im asking is...

if both cars are modified to a extent ie motor rebuild, suspension braces lsd... but retain the interior and be street legal. would performance be similar for the track....

i dun want to compare rolla to the itr stock for stock...

NO, the ITR is a 2 door sports car, the corolla is a Family Hatch, with the same level of modification one is still a sports car and the other is still a family hatch.

I almost bought a dc2 type R before i bought the 'tivo. But honda wouldnt give me anywhere near as much for trade in on the MR2 as toyota would. 4 grand less in fact. but in the end i was getting rid of the MR2 for practicality reasons so the 'tivo was the better choice for me. Still dream of owning the Type R tho. it was immac condition, only 40 000 kays on the clock and stock as a rock. I'm also over paying huge premiums on insurance for being under 25.... sux

AUS spec type r dont have 190nm not sure bout jap 2zz have more torque than dc2r but the other bits dc2r sh!t over most fwd car

honda put that much passion and effort into dc2r it takes something real good to beat it

and i think the jap dc2r have 150 odd kw instead of 141kw

mod for mod stivo still lose i reckon, the only way for 2zz to beat a type r is to call lotus its home

Edited by sportiyo

can't remember what magazine it was (maybe wheels?). But they rated the dc2r up with supercars like mclarens and porsches as greatest all time cars.

jdm is excatly the same, the only 2zz model with more power is the TRD sports M which was pretty much designed to compete with the type R. equiped with a LSD, Lightened and strengthened chassy better suspension and so on :P think it was making like 149kw or something aorund there.

Edited by vyets

can't remember what magazine it was (maybe wheels?). But they rated the dc2r up with supercars like mclarens and porsches as greatest all time cars.

That was EVO magazine , their 100th edition ...along with the WRX P1 model :P :toast:

They also mentioned the Sportivo (UK) version as well ... but not in the same section :unsure:

That was EVO magazine , their 100th edition ...along with the WRX P1 model :P :toast:

They also mentioned the Sportivo (UK) version as well ... but not in the same section :unsure:

Hey Jules

Why don't u give your opinions on this? You've been in both cars!