Aurion experiences

BanHien

Sorry, after searching 4 pages I can't find any page talking about Aurion experiences. I'm in the middle of my decision to go for a Presara. I've got an 8 yrs old Vienta and a 4 yrs old BMW318i - The BMW let me down during my trip to Adelaide late May 2007 - I had to stay one ngiht at Bordertown and one night back to Adeleide to get the car fixed. I've got 5 quotes one for BMW 320i Exec, one for Peugeot 407 SV, one for a Presara, one for an Audi A4 and one for a Lexus IS250 Prestige plus 8k package. The Presara is the cheapest (by the way, all quotes are for novated lease) and with my experiences with the Vienta (now my son is using it daily) I really prefer to go for a Toyota gain.

I would like to make decision this week. Any suggestion helps.

Thanks,

BH

Sorry, after searching 4 pages I can't find any page talking about Aurion experiences. I'm in the middle of my decision to go for a Presara. I've got an 8 yrs old Vienta and a 4 yrs old BMW318i - The BMW let me down during my trip to Adelaide late May 2007 - I had to stay one ngiht at Bordertown and one night back to Adeleide to get the car fixed. I've got 5 quotes one for BMW 320i Exec, one for Peugeot 407 SV, one for a Presara, one for an Audi A4 and one for a Lexus IS250 Prestige plus 8k package. The Presara is the cheapest (by the way, all quotes are for novated lease) and with my experiences with the Vienta (now my son is using it daily) I really prefer to go for a Toyota gain.

Thanks,

BH

Don't touch any European cars. They will allways let you down, there not built for australian conditions. The Aurion is a great car! It any thing as good as a 150k BMW. If you got the cash and you want a badge go for a Lexus.

My dad was a car salesman for 15 years. The amount of European's car they got back was stupid. They were losing money on them.

if i were u.... i might go for IS250 sport luxury with the package watever. coz its lexus, a better of toyota, and the look is much better too!

i wont go for bmw... coz i hate them, and i dont like the feel of driving in them, prefer LEXUS!!!

lolz, doug, those were wat i was gonna write, but i worried that i might get beaten up ><"

japan made are reliable and realistic car, now aurion is FUN, but its australian made isnt it? hrm.. at least its TOYOTA, trusted always.

why dont consider nissan's Murano? personally, i love her aS s MOST!

Edited by dannywss

Thanks,

BH

Aurion is such a nice car, but the only thing that has let it down is the FWD system. Other than that its value for money :)

as some of the other people have said, get the Lexus over the Peugeot or Audi. but if you can wait abit longer wait till the IS350 (RWD) or IS250 (AWD) comes later this year.

goodluck!

Hi,

The Aurion is smooth, reliable (so far), powerful, comfortable & value for money. But as you are aware it's not a status symbol car like a Lexus or a Beama.

It's the best car I've owned in 20 yrs.

In research, if your doing lots of "km's" and need support if you break down, there are lots more toyota service places than BMW

Hope your desision is a good one

Adrian

Edited by Adrian

Hi,

The Aurion is smooth, reliable (so far), powerful, comfortable & value for money. But as you are aware it's not a status symbol car like a Lexus or a Beama.

It's the best car I've owned in 20 yrs.

In research, if your doing lots of "km's" and need support if you break down, there are lots more toyota service places than BMW

Hope your desision is a good one

Adrian

If you are looking for a well built relaible luxury car then the Presara is it. I bought one and I am am happy to tell people I bought a new Toyota. Most peple think its a camry or a mazda 6 to look at and are impressed when they get in it. The lexus is very nice too but even less exciting to drive and well overpriced in comparison for what you get and unless the badge and better resale or trade at end of lease make up the difference to you I would say the Presara is the pick of the bunch. Stay away from the Peugeot and BMW as both are cars with nice charater but can be costly and awkward to repair and not as reliable as the marque status would suggest.

I have found the Presara quite an understated car it looks pretty average but inside its very comfortable, very hi tech and you really do not lack for anything. things you have to optionin the BMW and Peugeot costing thousands extra. Driving it it rides extremely well and handles well fairly flat cornering but bland steering with just understeer no back off oversteer available courtesy of the VSC which is a bit intrusive for a sporting driver. the traction control is handy and not as intrusive as the VSC on dirt roads. Overall for me an IT sales rep who does a few city k and country trips its a smooth and quiet reliable car with plenty of power and gadgets. Suits me fine. it doesn't stand out in the driveway or car park but thats fine too.

You cant go passed the Presara for value for money. The IS250 is nice but essentially you will only be paying extra for the image... becuase it doesnt have much more then the Aurion in fact it lacks in areas such as engine performance! (Which is no suprise because the Aurions engine and trans is from Lexus... more dissiplacement then IS250 = better performance with same fuel efficiency)

Edited by aussie_camry

Many thanks for all comments and advices - As mentioned in my previous note, I will not trust European car anymore - I have submitted the paper work for a new Presara with one minor added: a rear spoiler. Hope it will not interfere with the camera.

BH

if you haven't already made up your mind... go Persara or IS250 FTW!

as said before European cars may give you some status but it will break your heart more often than status :)

Persara with a spoiler is something different. Kinda like a IS250 on drugs, me thinks! LOL

I have submitted the paper work for a new Presara with one minor added: a rear spoiler. Hope it will not interfere with the camera.

Rear spoiler cannot be fitted with rear camera legally. That's not to say it will not physically fit.

Rear spoiler cannot be fitted with rear camera legally. That's not to say it will not physically fit.

Interesting to hear that - The dealer should know better than me and they are going to fit it for me - I don't know how they do this otherwise they can not charge me, they already have my deposit.

BH

I have submitted the paper work for a new Presara with one minor added: a rear spoiler. Hope it will not interfere with the camera.

Whats this about?

the reversing camera is just above the number plate!

I can't see why or how there would be any problem physically or legally?

Can you explain.

Interesting to hear that - The dealer should know better than me and they are going to fit it for me - I don't know how they do this otherwise they can not charge me, they already have my deposit.

BH

If they do fit it, show us a picture of the underside of the boot lid. I'm most interested at how they do it.

If they do fit it, show us a picture of the underside of the boot lid. I'm most interested at how they do it.

I did not check the camera during my test drive last week. Today I went to the dealer and checked it, it is a wide angle lens. I think it is ok even with 2 telephone books on the boot. Anyway, I think we only use the camera for parking, we still have to check around to make sure no kid around.

BH

well after test driving the aurion when it 1st came out (sportivo sx6) I found it to be a mind blower.

everything just works, no fuss. I can say this as i have a 11yr camry GEN 3 that hasn't been tuned in over 100,000km. just oil changes and simple maintainence. yet everyday, she starts like new!

go the aurion, because i'll park next to you one day with mine :D

• 1 month later...

Get the car today (20 Jul), actually the dealer fitted and painted the rear spoiler - The first car arrived on 2 Jul but due to paper work I have to wait for this one - I don't know how they did it (my Vienta Grande also has rear spoiler) - I can only show outside, can not show inside. One thing I don't really like: both brake lights on. I may ask them disconnect the old brake light when first service comes.

BH

Updated Sunday

Sorry, I did not post the photo last night - here it is:

presara.jpg

BH

Edited by BanHien

Get the car today (20 Jul), actually the dealer fitted and painted the rear spoiler - The first car arrived on 2 Jul but due to paper work I have to wait for this one - I don't know how they did it (my Vienta Grande also has rear spoiler) - I can only show outside, can not show inside. One thing I don't really like: both brake lights on. I may ask them disconnect the old brake light when first service comes.

BH

Updated Sunday

Sorry, I did not post the photo last night - here it is:

presara.jpg

BH

Looks awesome. That's my ideal config - presara with added spoiler. I have an SX6, but couldn't find the extra $15K for the Presara. One point, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but why silver? That's got to be the least impressive of all the Aurion colours and there are so many silver cars on the road. Why not a cool as anything black?

Looks awesome. That's my ideal config - presara with added spoiler. I have an SX6, but couldn't find the extra $15K for the Presara. One point, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but why silver? That's got to be the least impressive of all the Aurion colours and there are so many silver cars on the road. Why not a cool as anything black?

Hi,

Two reasons which dictacted me to select silver

(1) I travel a lot under the sun - in theory, dark colors make inside the car hotter (the theory may be wrong),

(2) It is easy to see dirt from dark color cars, saving water is anothe reason,

and most importantly: my missus likes silver cars with black leather inside - now she keeps my silver BM after the lease and still wants me to get a silver car.

BH

Edited by BanHien

i had 1 silver camry, tats why i went for black aurion. The most disgust part of black paint car is, it is soooooooo easy to see dirt, my dad keep asking me to wash my car every 2-3 day when he is the one driving! "Sooo dirty" he said... :blink:

One thing i've just found out: the mirror inside works only with headlights of cars behind, it does not work with the sun -

BH

If only aurion black was as good as the black in the 05 camry sportivo model. Thats why i got the gold. Simply i think its the best color for the car. Looks very nice under sunlight. I was originally going to get black but hated it when i saw it on the car. I think they kept it for the trd aurion. As pictures show the black trd aurion is a different.

Hi all,

I'm just new here, although just yet I don't have an Aurion, I am considering getting one. My current old Mitsubishi TP Magna (1990) is on it's way out due to engine problems (it was one of the last runs, which was a notoriously problematic batch), and I am just waiting for my P plates to turn into full license in about a month. Main reason I am looking at the Aurion is the fuel economy vs. performance, stock features, and appearance. I am completely sick of 4 cyl engines, as my current car is 4 cylinder and so are all the other cars I have. In my experience, they don't idle all that nicely and tend to be pretty poor on fuel usage... with decent sized engines at least. There is no way I would ever get a car with an engine smaller than 2.0L in a 4 cylinder.

Anyways... with relation to the thread topic, I have been reading of everyone saying how nice it is, but what I am curious about is what it is like compared to other cars in the same segment? Other cars being things like the Honda Accord Euro, the Mitsubishi 380, Holden Commodore, Ford Falcon etc.

I wouldn't be looking at the Presara due to cost, but I am looking at either the SX6 or Prodigy (I want a sunroof and the nicer dash dials lol). Also as a side note, how easy would it be to upgrade the head unit? I read another topic in this forum about Eclipse having surrounds for it to convert the center console to double-din, but I'm curious how well it actually turns out (like does it actually appear similar to the original design?).

Sorry about the long post though... seems this is one of the few decent forums about for Aurion! Most sites don't even mention it.

Hi all,

I'm just new here, although just yet I don't have an Aurion, I am considering getting one. My current old Mitsubishi TP Magna (1990) is on it's way out due to engine problems (it was one of the last runs, which was a notoriously problematic batch), and I am just waiting for my P plates to turn into full license in about a month. Main reason I am looking at the Aurion is the fuel economy vs. performance, stock features, and appearance. I am completely sick of 4 cyl engines, as my current car is 4 cylinder and so are all the other cars I have. In my experience, they don't idle all that nicely and tend to be pretty poor on fuel usage... with decent sized engines at least. There is no way I would ever get a car with an engine smaller than 2.0L in a 4 cylinder.

Anyways... with relation to the thread topic, I have been reading of everyone saying how nice it is, but what I am curious about is what it is like compared to other cars in the same segment? Other cars being things like the Honda Accord Euro, the Mitsubishi 380, Holden Commodore, Ford Falcon etc.

I wouldn't be looking at the Presara due to cost, but I am looking at either the SX6 or Prodigy (I want a sunroof and the nicer dash dials lol). Also as a side note, how easy would it be to upgrade the head unit? I read another topic in this forum about Eclipse having surrounds for it to convert the center console to double-din, but I'm curious how well it actually turns out (like does it actually appear similar to the original design?).

Sorry about the long post though... seems this is one of the few decent forums about for Aurion! Most sites don't even mention it.

Well on economy it is the match of all the above except the Euro accord. powerwise its better than them all although the falcon is close. the city economy isn't that great but city with mix of freeway or highway and there would be no 4cyl car of similar size that would come close. well the mazda 6 perhaps is the closest and would be worth a look. I am an old fart so i will say the prodigy is the better looking inside and with the spolier no bad outside. performance is the same but the sx and ZX handling is sharper but ride does suffer. i drove a few cars before getting the presara and i liked the mazda 6, accord euro and the subaru liberty gt. the presara was the more sensible choice for me maybe not the best at any one thing but easy to live with.

Well on economy it is the match of all the above except the Euro accord. powerwise its better than them all although the falcon is close. the city economy isn't that great but city with mix of freeway or highway and there would be no 4cyl car of similar size that would come close. well the mazda 6 perhaps is the closest and would be worth a look. I am an old fart so i will say the prodigy is the better looking inside and with the spolier no bad outside. performance is the same but the sx and ZX handling is sharper but ride does suffer. i drove a few cars before getting the presara and i liked the mazda 6, accord euro and the subaru liberty gt. the presara was the more sensible choice for me maybe not the best at any one thing but easy to live with.

Thanks for the reply!

I don't think anything could be worse than my TP when it comes to fuel economy haha... it averages close to 18L/100k in city, and only does about 15l/100k on freeways (weeping injector and worn chains)! :wacko:

The Accord Euro I must say does look quite classy, and having owned 2 Honda's in the past (Oddysey however), I know they are good cars. Although the current one seems to be burning heaps of oil, which according to dealer is common, and the cheapest solution is to carry around a bottle of oil, which is a little dodgy.... I might take a look at the mazda6... while the subaru I like the handling of, but the fuel economy isn't all that great, but I will try anyway. Am I right to assume that spoilers would slightly decrease economy? Extra downforce on the back would create a bit more rolling resistance I would imagine...

Most the roads I travel on vary between 60-80k usually, although I do spend a bit of time idling or stuck in start-stop traffic in city now and then. Rarely freeways unfortunately, which is where I can imagine the Aurion would really shine hehe. As long as the Aurion is around like 12L/100k or something on those kind of roads, it's ok. I've driven small cars that use more fuel than that on those type of roads!