Goodbye MR2,Hello Tommi 6.5

GReddy_ES

Hi all,

Just picked up my new "old" car hehee..1989 MR2 Turbo(Gen 2 GT4 3SGTE).After a long and thorough clean up..here's a pic with the Stivo(leaving on Fri) taken just now. :)

Updates:Nardi pedals installed and engine bay detailed to bring it back to life..it sure did!

post-1294-1182344634_thumb.jpg

post-1294-1182683041_thumb.jpg

Edited by GReddy_ES

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work mate. I love the SW20's.

But about the snap oversteer, they pretty much fixed that with the AW11's. They tried to hard to turn it into a sports car, which was awesome when you pushed it hard but would as you say, snap oversteer all of a sudden, giving it a "we're-all-going-to-die" feel about it. But i drove my high school buddies Bathurst edition and oversteer was alot more gradual than the aw11. Might be wrong but thats what i gather

Very nice! Congrats on the new purchase and finding hopefully a good home to the old stivo :D

cheers Jules..yeah..lucky to find a gd home for the stivo..and to find this good beauty!

chuck ur advan replica's on the sw20

red on black is sexy!!

nice choice mate!

hahaa..i wish i could..but 4 stud n 5 stud..

Edited by GReddy_ES

rollamods is correct about the snap oversteer fix. but when you get used to controlling the snap oversteer it is so much fun. roundabouts feel like straight road. i miss midengine so much

nice new mods mate!! where did you find the Nardi pedels? they look good!!

cheers..the pedals are off ebay from Natetune..he's on most of the big forums..but i managed to grab this set cheaper cost he had it at a low starting bid..if not u can buy it now for $99 for the set

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of updates:

Redid the interior panels in Satin Silver last weekend and here's the finished product..makes the car looks heaps younger :rolleyes:

CentreConsole001.jpg

And also resprayed my Super Advan in Gloss Black to get rid of the awful scratches and give it a fresher fiercer look :spiteful:

SuperAdvan003.jpg

Edited by GReddy_ES

well done laaaaaaaaaaaa...woohoo~

hooray for DIY :P

yeah..now better faster get urs out of the way..hahha :whistling:

Haha, she's looking awesome. Ur right about her getting a few years back by a few DIY mods :D

yeah..DIY's always good..cheap too..hehee..might redo the console's though..think might do it gloss black instead..to keep the colors to just red and black :spiteful:

Edited by GReddy_ES

• 2 weeks later...

A few updates since the last mods..HIDs installed,centre console has since been resprayed Gloss Black,Momo Tuner steering wheel has been installed,later model tail lights off a '95 fitted,windows tinted..big thanks to Jemahl of Current Trendz for a job well done!HKS Hi-Power exhaust system also fitted earlier this week and a buff job done at work on the MR2.Thanks to my boss for allowing me to use the equipment and awesome products :yahoo:

So here are the pics

HIDs

HIDs001.jpg

Car with the tints and buff job..also Current Trendz,Protec Car Detailing & TOCA decals

BuffedandTinted5.jpg

BuffedandTinted3.jpg

Pics of the interior:TRD gear knob and new leather gear boot,centre console,momo tuner steering wheel and red dash lighs

TRDgearknob.jpg

Blackconsolerespray001.jpg

MomoTuner003.jpg

A before and after shot of the cabin

MyMR2-Inthebeginning010.jpg

Cabinshot.jpg

And the HKS exhaust

HKSHi-powerexhaust005.jpg

Thats all for now.. :spiteful:

Edited by GReddy_ES

• 4 weeks later...

Time for a couple of updates...after 3 weeks of waiting..the seat rails finally arrived from J-land..which meant that the Sparco Sprint i got can finally go in..although a fixed bucket..its surprisingly comfy and not as hugging/uncomfortable as i tot..its awesome!

SparcoSprint.jpg

Also removed the whole stock intake box,resonator etc last fri when i received the Apexi intake kit from one the MR2 members.Awesome sounding as always from the apexi pod..highly recommended to anyone looking for a pod..u won't go wrong with this :yahoo:

ApexiIntakeKit.jpg

ApexiIntakeKit1.jpg