TRD Short Shifter

Hi everyone,

I have a strong feeling that this topic has been covered.........................but... i'm going to talk about it anyway. lol.

A few questions to the peeps out there who have knowledge or already own a TRD Short Shifter.

1). Is it true that the Short shifter some how stuffs up ur gear ratios :blink: ?

2). Is it easy to install? (i.e: Is it easy to remove the casing around the gear handle?)

3). And should I buy the TRD Short Shifter for $300, give or take, from Rolling Blk? lol.

Any kind of comments are appeciated on this topic. thx for reading.

one thing i would to ask, is the trd shifter suitable for an ascent???

ive read somewhere it doesnt..

Im pretty sure it fits both the sportivos and non-sportivo.

Its just the cradle - someone wanna clear that up? cos ill probably buy it next week

one thing i would to ask, is the trd shifter suitable for an ascent???

ive read somewhere it doesnt..

Yes, it fits ascents!! I've got 1 on my conquest. It makes a world of difference to the throws. But once you've had it on for a few days you won't notice it anymore. Lol.

hmmm

might as well ask this..

wts the part number??? any1 know?? LiMz?

Hey Xploshun, u planning to do a group buy?... :spiteful: .............

If u are, i'm in man. :yahoo:

You dont need the short short shifter to maintain lift between gear changes, you just need to learn to drive the Corolla. I very rarely miss a 1st to 2nd lift change with or without a short shifter. I think the short shifter just makes it much nicer and more solid to shift, and reduces chances of missing gears cuz you always know what gear your in.

1). Is it true that the Short shifter some how stuffs up ur gear ratios ?

No, it pretty much saying does it add an extra gear to a 1zz gearbox by having a sportivo 6spd knob?

2). Is it easy to install? (i.e: Is it easy to remove the casing around the gear handle?)

If you know how it came apart, you'd know how to put it back. Take photos of how it came apart if required. its really quite straight forward.

3). And should I buy the TRD Short Shifter for $300, give or take, from Rolling Blk? lol.

Personally, $300 is a bit exy.

Alternatively, look at the short shifter kits available around for a third of the price, and also throw lengths can be requested from TRD range or even shorter.

I have one and i have also driven with TRD short shifter, all i would ask is, why would you pay 3 times more??

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7417

Cheers.

TRD Shifter is a great mod - simple to install - did it in the carpark of Castlehill toyota (installed the shortshifter that is) just so I could drive back with it. If I could pick only one mod to do it would be this. Cleans up the shift movement (mainly by replacing the rubber isolating mounts with solid steel) This gives a much more positive shift feel and a shorter shift. Do it!

hmmm

might as well ask this..

Part Number 33530-ZE200

is that the right part number??

can any1 confirm??

coz the seller said.. it not a "good" part number.. wtf is a "good" part number??

will it mean something else in the US??

any1 know?

Edited by XploShun

is that the right part number??

can any1 confirm??

coz the seller said.. it not a "good" part number.. wtf is a "good" part number??

will it show something else in the US??

any1 know?

yep 33530-ZE200 is def the part number .... however mic u have run into the slight problem called TRD USA doesnt deal with TRD JAPAN parts ...... hence why you cant order the CAI via japan ....... it doesnt help as u have just found out that they dont use the same part numbers .....

hmmm

might as well ask this..

Why do you want to group buy when theres one for sale in the same city as you,

you dont have to wait for a group buy to start and you dont have to pay for postage, come and get it!

Someone correct me if im wrong but the price after postage for a 'TRD' short shifter, group buy or not wont get down to $300

hmmm

might as well ask this..

you dont have to wait for a group buy to start and you dont have to pay for postage, come and get it!

Someone correct me if im wrong but the price after postage for a 'TRD' short shifter, group buy or not wont get down to $300

$300 is a bit much seeing as your the third owner of that item he might as well buy new

hmmm

might as well ask this..

$300 is a bit much seeing as your the third owner of that item he might as well buy new

There is no differance between a new one and this one. :blink: Third owner doesn't mean *****, it's never been installed since E-Gene had it... oooooo but my hands have touched it! get real.

I'm just trying to save someone money, as this is no differant to a new short shifter. Design is not differant performance is not differant, The only differance is someone will have more money in there pocket if they buy mine. a short shifter isn't something that will need to be replaced in the next 10 years because of wear and tear.

Edited by RoLLing BLK

• 1 year later...
sorry for bringing an old thread back up, but does the trd short shifter look exactly the same as the stock one?

i got one off limz_rolla but i can't see any difference between the sizes of the sticks

thanks

The shaft is slightly shorter, but the throw is reduced significantly.

looks relatively the same ..... also comes with bronze colour shifter base bushings where as the stock ones are rubber ...... u should notice the difference once its installed.

It's actually called Quick shifter, so not supposed to be much shorter anyway. About a cm or so than the stock assembly.

Shorter throws but definitely nothing like the height of TWM's.

I'm sure there is a write up here, quite easy when steps are followed.