Rev to 8500 and drop the clutch

well thats the end of a perfectly good skyline. That car needed a new driver. Dumbass should have been blowing up some commodores... win win situation, funny pics, less commodores on the rd.

Nice find pete. Love laughing at the misfortune of inbred ppl

well thats the end of a perfectly good skyline. That car needed a new driver. Dumbass should have been blowing up some commodores... win win situation, funny pics, less commodores on the rd.

Nice find pete. Love laughing at the misfortune of inbred ppl

No worries bro! :)

I found it so funny!

Dangerous shyte for anyone standing close to the car when it happened though!

that can happen free-revving, I've got pics of a honda where parts of the flywheel ended up embedded in the workshop roof.

That's also one reason why you dont lighten a stock cast flywheel, and if you HAVE to lighten it, run a scatter shield to protect your ankles/passenger etc depending on your drivetrain orientation.

That's also one reason why you dont lighten a stock cast flywheel, and if you HAVE to lighten it, run a scatter shield to protect your ankles/passenger etc depending on your drivetrain orientation.

That would have to be one nugget scatter shield, which would prob offset the advantages of making the stock flywheel lighter.

that can happen free-revving, I've got pics of a honda where parts of the flywheel ended up embedded in the workshop roof.

lucky he never had a carbon bonnet either

JHB? that the proteas version of KGB? or does it just stand for johanesburg? (I cant spell)

JHB is johannesburg.

As well as Joburg, jozi, Egoli :)

BRU15 shweet bro! Where abouts in joburg you from?

I've seen it happen before at the NZ Nats...

Mazda RX3 in the burnout comp revving at around 11,000rpm and all of a sudden BANG... Flywheel comes out of the bonnet and around 50 feet into the air...

Left a hole in the bonnet shaped as such:

|________________|

Was pretty crazy to see...

Got me thinking about if if happened in a FWD, guess if it happened at the right angle, it could smash through the bellhousing, firewall and into the cabin with enough force... Pretty dangerous when you think about it...