Xbox 360 modding

MIIKEY

not as silly as it sounds as they a prone to over heating and also the red ring of death.....

your scarin mee!!

i dont wanna be wasting my money on something that will need to be sent back every 2 months

do u know what causes these problems or wat u can do to prevent them b sides the normal game usage?

not as silly as it sounds as they a prone to over heating and also the red ring of death.....

your scarin mee!!

i dont wanna be wasting my money on something that will need to be sent back every 2 months

do u know what causes these problems or wat u can do to prevent them b sides the normal game usage?

sounds like you havn't done much research.....

Microsoft has admitted that every one of the 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in the past 19 months suffers from a design flaw that could cause the device to fail.

The firm will extend the warranty coverage from one to three years to compensate consumers, but does not plan to instate a recall or exchange programme.

Microsoft gaming chief Robbie Bach claimed in a conference call with financial analysts that the design issues surfaced recently.

"In the past couple of months we started to see significant increases in repair requests and call requests and significant attention from people," he said.

Microsoft did not disclose the exact nature of the problems, but said that it had made the necessary design changes and that units currently in stock will be upgraded.

The extended warranty period is limited to hardware failures indicated by three flashing red lights on the console. Users of consoles suffering from such problems are entitled to free repairs and shipping.

Microsoft estimated that the repairs will cost the company US$1.05bn to US$1.15bn, spilt evenly between the higher than expected return rates for existing consoles under the one-year warranty, and future returns under the extended warranty period.

your scarin mee!!

sounds like you havn't done much research.....

Microsoft has admitted that every one of the 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in the past 19 months suffers from a design flaw that could cause the device to fail.

The firm will extend the warranty coverage from one to three years to compensate consumers, but does not plan to instate a recall or exchange programme.

Microsoft gaming chief Robbie Bach claimed in a conference call with financial analysts that the design issues surfaced recently.

"In the past couple of months we started to see significant increases in repair requests and call requests and significant attention from people," he said.

Microsoft did not disclose the exact nature of the problems, but said that it had made the necessary design changes and that units currently in stock will be upgraded.

The extended warranty period is limited to hardware failures indicated by three flashing red lights on the console. Users of consoles suffering from such problems are entitled to free repairs and shipping.

Microsoft estimated that the repairs will cost the company US$1.05bn to US$1.15bn, spilt evenly between the higher than expected return rates for existing consoles under the one-year warranty, and future returns under the extended warranty period.

na i didnt do much research, i just read the specs n said yep lets go n buy 1 , i didnt think to look for the problems untill u told me jus b4

i had the 3 Rings of red light and i didn't even play my 360 that much. one day i turned it on and bang, doesn't work. i fixed it though. so if you ever get the 3 red lights, let me know i'll fix it for you. but i pray you won't get it. :D

• 3 weeks later...

why not the ps3? :D

put it this way... fair enough that the 360 are selling for cheaper, however doesnt come with the standards such as wifi, hdmi out for 1080i, as well doesnt support either blue ray or HD DVD... if you bundle the things up, the price would be similar or even higher than the ps3 :)

its funny with the 360 design issues... they rushed the xbox and screwed it... now again on the 360 hehehe

go sony.!!!!!!!!!

Take the 360 back and buy a PS3. I had a 360 and just sold it the other week, it didn't have any issues but since buying the PS3 I compared them both and the 360 just didn't make the cut. The PS3 is a far better gaming console then anything on the market at the moment. 5 stars to PS3!

Take the 360 back and buy a PS3. I had a 360 and just sold it the other week, it didn't have any issues but since buying the PS3 I compared them both and the 360 just didn't make the cut. The PS3 is a far better gaming console then anything on the market at the moment. 5 stars to PS3!

:D

give me 5~ haha

i got it since it came out :D~ awesome!!!!

but :( they are putting extras in for free now... like an extra controller and 2 games...

i got none of those goodies when i got mine

after reading what northy said about the 360's i changed my mind n cancelled my layby, saved up n bought a ps3 :yahoo:

best thing iv done :toast:

now another question :D what mods can b done to a ps3 without voidin the warranty :D thx for the help

At the moment their working on a software update which will allow you to play ISO Images, which are basically downloaded games. So all you would have to do is download the file then feed it into your HDD and shazAM!

• 2 weeks later...

no moddddds for the ps3 anytime soon... i've been waiting....

and i dont think modding it will be any easy, as you will need to connect online to play, dl etc...

sony can theorically overwrite any software mods by requesting you to update the software version... and able to lock your system from going online n play if you mod it with hardware... xbox 360 has this issue... where u cant get on ms live, if you modded the 360