New Wheels for my ZR6

DKzr6

Hi Everyone,

Well, after much thought i decided to get some new wheels for my ZR6.

I loved the photos on here a while back of the 10spoke wheels an a ZR6.

So i got a set of B.Boss Eleanor 18x8 wheels. (had to wait 6 weeks for the container to come in) Put a set of 235x45x18 tyres on.

Absolutely love it. Handling is so much better. Makes it easer to takeoff under power and not loose traction.

Pics included.

post-3909-1185664674_thumb.jpg

post-3909-1185664691_thumb.jpg

post-3909-1185664709_thumb.jpg

Edited by DKzr6

Looks great. Well Done

I think you have convinced me to do the same.

I will start looking ito it.

If you don't mind, how much did it cost you all up?

The total RRP price was $2100 including tyres. The tyre i selected was a Maxis brand. It scored well in the Wheels tyre test. I'd rank it average. Definately better than the oem tyre, but not as good as the bridgestone RE050a i had on my previous liberty.

You may be able to get the package cheaper with cheaper tyres, or pay more with better tyres.

I also sold my old wheels which dropped the price significantly. (again this price may vary depending on where you go)

VERY NICE! They are the rims Id get if I owned a camry; multi spoke, 18s and wider rubber to improve handling (stock 215s are way to thin for a car with 200kw and 340Nm... good for fuel economy bad for handling). As someone else said lowering would make it complete, it looks good as is but it would really give it a more aggressive stance being an inch or so lower.

Edited by aussie_camry

u wanna lower in the FASTER AND CHEAPEST WAY? take down the original spring, CUT the inch u wan off! For LOOK only, NOT for comfy, i tried before.

But i really recon, aurion's original suspension system is already quite stiff, if its lowered, will be stiffer, badd and very uncomfy... UNLESS, u get someone to custom make for it, do all the calculation and magic to make it lowered, STILL comfy...

I delayed my lowering and rim, coz of this problem...

But, for 18, the look is nice.

p/s: my idea is goin for 21inch?! wahaha

Yeah cutting springs is also totally SAFE and highly LEGAL..... not <_<

Although yes lowering will reduce ride comfort (still not really bad, coilovers yeah they make you feel every bump but if you go spring + shocks seperate you can make it work), it does improve handling a fair bit and give the car a more unique and aggressive stance.

Edited by aussie_camry

u wanna lower in the FASTER AND CHEAPEST WAY? take down the original spring, CUT the inch u wan off! For LOOK only, NOT for comfy, i tried before.

But i really recon, aurion's original suspension system is already quite stiff, if its lowered, will be stiffer, badd and very uncomfy... UNLESS, u get someone to custom make for it, do all the calculation and magic to make it lowered, STILL comfy...

I delayed my lowering and rim, coz of this problem...

But, for 18, the look is nice.

p/s: my idea is goin for 21inch?! wahaha

Lol damn now that will take some balls. 21 inch i believe for aurion is too big. Im goıng for 20s. Cant wait till i buy my wheels and get them installed.

With the aurion sitting at 105mm clearence and the Australia leagal hight for a car is 100mm if you wanted to keep it legal there is only 5mm difference.

I been told 20 inch is the highest the aurion can go for rims..

Yeah I thought clearance might be an issue... not just legal reasons (be a prick of a cop to check that) but practicality, going up steap driveways or over speed humps could become an issue. Which is abit of a bumer becuse its not that the cars riding low, more those skirts are lowering its clearance while the chasis itself is still high.

vic's legal for rim size is 2 inch more than original, so yes, 20 is max, but quite a lot of ppl dont really care. For example, camry max is 18rim, But in reality 18rim still look SMall on camry, so, my frien went for 21inch.

Meet my frien tat day, and he suggested 22inch on aurion will look very classy, and i BELIEVE so~!! but who dares? hrm... tat u will need a VERY nice VERY expensive suspension system to lower and for comfy. I believe 2.5k?

btw, rim at 22inch cost wat? at least 5k? so total like 8k? woo, tats the price for some ppl's whole car! hrm... might just rob a bank for those amount of money =_= (i m poor)

Edited by dannywss

Personally I think anything over 20inch is to much.... like 22inch on an Aurion would look strange not to mention very impractical, you'd want to keep 4 spare tyres in your boot because every reasonably sized pothole becomes a potential blowout.

Personally I think anything over 20inch is to much.... like 22inch on an Aurion would look strange not to mention very impractical, you'd want to keep 4 spare tyres in your boot because every reasonably sized pothole becomes a potential blowout.

I agree, anything over 20" you will start to look like a "fullysick" guy. My preference would be a 19" but everyone has differnt tastes.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, anything over 20" you will start to look like a "fullysick" guy. My preference would be a 19" but everyone has differnt tastes.

I agree as well. 20 max i say. Im trying to decide between 19 and 20 and want to go 20 but 19s will look big enough when you put it on low profile tyres and lower the car.

Edited by Buri_ZR6