Stubby Aerial...

Rolla Boy

here you go Ben... http://stores.ebay.com/SHORTANTENNA

I got mine from there, works out to be ~$15-20 delivered to your door, and takes about a week which isn't bad since it comes from the US.

Conversely you can cut the long section of the antenna off which many people have also done which looks better as well.

Your other option - Repco, look for the antenna that is $12.99 which sits near the gear knobs and pedals and other ricer accessories on their shelves. It is silver in colour with 2 pieces - a base and a skinny aerial part with a silver knob thingy on top. Scrap the top bit and just use the base (it is similar shape to the base of the standard one), rough it up a bit and hit it with the black spray paint. Easy as pie. Check my members ride

As stated in another thread somewhere, I just got a pair of tin snips and cut the big poofy bit off that makes it look an RC car and sanded it down and painted the end with some black spray paint.... Looks the same IMO

I'm looking for a replacement antenna for my camry as mine has snapped.

The problem is that the stock antenna is mounted at an angle, so it has a bracket affixed to it which I have not seen in the replacement antennas sold at Repco or Supercheap.

Does anyone know whether I have to buy a replacement antenna with the angled bracket or can I just install one which does not have the bracket.

Cheers

Vivioman, does your car need the complete aerial assembly or just the mast itself???

Manual mast you should get for around the $30 mark or for electric might be around the $50 mark from Toyota...

They're easy to replace, call up your local dealer and get a quote to replace it...

As stated in another thread somewhere, I just got a pair of tin snips and cut the big poofy bit off that makes it look an RC car and sanded it down and painted the end with some black spray paint.... Looks the same IMO

hey Simo, how's the reception for your radio after you cut it off? same, or?

and any pic's?

Thanks

Vivioman, does your car need the complete aerial assembly or just the mast itself???

Manual mast you should get for around the $30 mark or for electric might be around the $50 mark from Toyota...

They're easy to replace, call up your local dealer and get a quote to replace it...

Hi Rolla Boy,

Thanks for the tip.

I went out to Supercheap auto and bought a cheapo stubby type antenna to fit into the place of the broken one. did not want to spend too much as I am looking to sell the car.

Updated post:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry189835

Cheers

I think I've posted the same answer in another thread somewhere... The stubby ariels for the mazda cx-7 fit the corolla and you can either flog one off a cx-7 ;) or you can just go to a mazda parts & service and buy one, cost me $24.