Dutton Rally 2008

Hey guys,

Has anyone given any thought to entering the 2008 Dutton Rally Series? Looks like a pretty cool event to have a bit of fun in :)

On this topic, has anyone entered it before or any other tarmac rally for that matter?

After seeing SuperDaves exploits at Qld RacewayI'd like to put my vote in for him to enter and carve up the competition :toast: (Your my hero superdave :P)

Cheers

This is one of the key inspiration points for my car :D

I'm aiming to run it in '09 (the MR2 will be 20 years old then :blink: )

I wanted to run the sportivo, but the financial liability on it was too great and I never got the car anywhere near a level I would have been happy entering it as.

Dutton is for rich bastards :P

nah its a very good event, however bear in mind that u need to be able to deal with the ****ers from Motor Magazine who enter each year.

Many members have taken their car to a track for a fun day... some have competed in Hillclimbs etc (a couple of members are competing this weekend :P)

There are a few dedicated track and rally rolla's out there as well, who do quite well.

nah its a very good event, however bear in mind that u need to be able to deal with the ****ers from Motor Magazine who enter each year.

Sabotage.

I'll bring the jungle face paint and camo gear, you bring the demolition packs.

I know of a few guys who have done Dutton Rally this year. One was in a 1957 beetle that was very nicely modified and the others were in a bombed to the hilt GTI Polo. The guys in the beetle did really well overall and placed quite highly when you looked at the entrant list and the quality of the cars. Polo was a weapon and surprised some of it's more fancied rivals.It does cost a bit but that does include all your meals and accomodation which i thought wasn't too bad. both groups of guys said it was absolutely awesome and they would do it again in a heartbeat.

After seeing SuperDaves exploits at Qld RacewayI'd like to put my vote in for him to enter and carve up the competition :toast: (Your my hero superdave :P)

I'll enter if someone (or more) sponsors for me to prep my car to Dutton standards (cheap), get a level 2s licence (cheap-ish), and cover maintenace costs (not cheap). And then if the sponsor(s) wants me to go really well, they can supply me with go fast parts :D

Does CES want to do some sponsorship?

For comparison, on mt cotton my best unoffoicial time was about 60s (100% stock), and I assume I would end up in group E, where the worst time was a 56s.

But I would pretty well in the 1/4 mile stuff. All this is done based on the 4 cars in group E.

Edited by SuperDave