Control your B.S

Sleeper

guys guys guys calm down...

its a corolla fielder 2WD - came with a 2ZZ in japan and many were imported to NZ. I am not sure if NZ even got the hatch 2ZZ powered corolla.

Secondly, Dyno's are a tuning tool. whilst they can be accurate, they can also be manipulated quite easily so dont believe everything you read. i've never seen an accurate torque figure on any dyno, so dont get your hopes up this car doesnt have 1200nm of torque. the only thing a dyno could be useful for is if you did a baseline run, and then a run with the mods attached. Work out the increase in power/torque as a percentage increase. figures dont mean ****.

Anyways, its very nice look rolla mate i do like the wagons as well, very stylish!

who told you that... dynos are a tuning tool but are not as inaccurate as every 1 say they are... they do give fairly accurate torque readings so dnt talk from your a-ss

Seems like you're the one talking from your a-ss.

The torque figure is the least accurate representation of engine power due to driveline multiplication etc.

Do you seriously believe the engine has 1200Nm?

Edited by rollamods

no i dnt believe it has 1200 nm in fourth gear on the dyno... do you agree with me that fourth gear is a true reading of the engines power to the wheels as it is a 1-1 ratio and hence y dyno runs are done in 4th gear as all the lower gears 1-2-3 have torque multiplication as the output gear is bigger than the input gear ...so if the torque wasnt measured in 4th gear the reading would not be correct like this example of 1200nm

and of course dyno's are not completely correct everybody knows that.. there are many variables for example temperatures tyre pressures and oils are just some of them.

Edited by jf187

Using the power formula rearanged to solve for torque, and using the power curve given above, yields torque in the region of 190-240Nm, give or take.

Hopefully this isn't going to be another dyno debate. There have been plenty in the past and everyones comments rest in them.

who told you that... dynos are a tuning tool but are not as inaccurate as every 1 say they are... they do give fairly accurate torque readings so dnt talk from your a-ss

The torque figure is the least accurate representation of engine power due to driveline multiplication etc.

LOL dont worry Jase, this monkey will just argue with everything i say after i tried to teach him some english. :lol:

• 2 months later...

I think you guys that cant read dyno sheets need to listen and learn for once, instead of mouthing off about something you havnt got a clue about! It gets real boring listening to all the dribble!

Fisrt of all, the torque figure you see on the sheet is torque measured @ the wheels! hense why it looks unbelievable.. To get the accurate torque figure of the engine, you take the 1281.9 figure and divide it by the ratio which was 5.300.

1281.9 divided by 5.300 = 241.86Nm from the engine!!!!!

no i dnt believe it has 1200 nm in fourth gear on the dyno... do you agree with me that fourth gear is a true reading of the engines power to the wheels as it is a 1-1 ratio and hence y dyno runs are done in 4th gear as all the lower gears 1-2-3 have torque multiplication as the output gear is bigger than the input gear ...so if the torque wasnt measured in 4th gear the reading would not be correct like this example of 1200nm

and of course dyno's are not completely correct everybody knows that.. there are many variables for example temperatures tyre pressures and oils are just some of them.

I think you guys that cant read dyno sheets need to listen and learn for once, instead of mouthing off about something you havnt got a clue about! It gets real boring listening to all the dribble!

Fisrt of all, the torque figure you see on the sheet is torque measured @ the wheels! hense why it looks unbelievable.. To get the accurate torque figure of the engine, you take the 1281.9 figure and divide it by the ratio which was 5.300.

1281.9 divided by 5.300 = 241.86Nm from the engine!!!!!

Hey mate, do even have a clue at what your looking at on a dyno sheet!!??? Cause I seriously doubt it!! Think about it man..the figures shown on a dyno sheet are from where?? The wheels! NOT the engine... so of course the engine doesnt put out 1281.9Nm of torque! As I said in other replies, that figure is divided by the ratio stated, which is 5.300.. you then get an accurate engine torque figure of 241.86Nm OK!

I was pointing out that the graph does not illustrate torque at the engine due to driveline multiplication, which a lot of members on here dont know...

But your repetitive, almost identical replies have also illustrated that

Edited by rollamods

Hahaha. Sleeper why is it that nearly every time you post it always ends in an argument. Some people here know a lot more than you, so dont be so quick to attack.

Also rollamods i am surprise with the politeness of your reply, nice work :)

Hey mate, do even have a clue at what your looking at on a dyno sheet!!??? Cause I seriously doubt it!! Think about it man..the figures shown on a dyno sheet are from where?? The wheels! NOT the engine... so of course the engine doesnt put out 1281.9Nm of torque! As I said in other replies, that figure is divided by the ratio stated, which is 5.300.. you then get an accurate engine torque figure of 241.86Nm OK!

LOL dude you're having a go at the guy who made exactly the same point as you did...

this thread delivers :D

hey Dylan, your pretty clever... I was wondering if you would be able to inform me what the ratio one should divide the torque reading by to get an accurate torque reading at the engine?

I couldnt quite work it out from this topic.

this thread delivers :D

hey Dylan, your pretty clever... I was wondering if you would be able to inform me what the ratio one should divide the torque reading by to get an accurate torque reading at the engine?

I couldnt quite work it out from this topic.

no idea.