sportivo jumps around corners

have you guys experience this

the stivo would jump around the corner if there is a bump on the road, even a really small one, such as the joints of the road block service... and i realised it only the rear bounces off the road...

in which i find the stock rear suspensions really sux...

i did happened to my MR2 spyder abit before... but not as bad as the stivo... it's scary driving it on a road that you've never driven on it b4, around corner at a speed of 70km/hr+

have you guys experience this

the stivo would jump around the corner if there is a bump on the road, even a really small one, such as the joints of the road block service... and i realised it only the rear bounces off the road...

in which i find the stock rear suspensions really sux...

i did happened to my MR2 spyder abit before... but not as bad as the stivo... it's scary driving it on a road that you've never driven on it b4, around corner at a speed of 70km/hr+

i guess the first answer is slow down.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the sportivo suspension at all, compared to a lot of cars out on the roads at the moment. its pretty much as good as a standard road car with a torsion beam will get.

Otherwise, there are many many mods u can do to improve the situation if u have the money

is your suspension stock. what about your wheel size and tyre profile? the stock shocks are pretty well matched to the stock springs. I find them firm but smooth.

i've got a set of 17" Lenso Apex-5 on it... 40psi on each tyres... and the car reallly does jump... tyres are using Sumitomo HTRZ2~ dont know how thick they are

my mate's 04 stivo got the same problem too with everything stock on his one~

Edited by Taijee

i guess the first answer is slow down.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the sportivo suspension at all, compared to a lot of cars out on the roads at the moment. its pretty much as good as a standard road car with a torsion beam will get.

Otherwise, there are many many mods u can do to improve the situation if u have the money

yea... slow down is an answer...

but my parents' camry stivo wouldnt need to slow down for such tho... nor the accord euro that i had for a while... er... tried it with my fd's FTO as well, not as visible as the stivo's

:'( and i've got no money for a new set of suspension~

Edited by Taijee

I have never found my car 'hopping' through the corners unless I hit an expansion joint on a bridge or unless there really is some bumps in the road itself. Could take your car for a wheel alignment, I have put the specifications up in the workshop area so you can cross-check with whoever is adjusting it. I don't know much about tyres so can't comment on what your using.

If you have 17" wheels, my guess is that you have 40profile tyres - trying dropping the tyre pressure down by 5psi up front and 8psi at the back. Yes, and slow down!

You could also try thicker sway bars front and rear, that will keep the car more level in the cornings to help it maintain suspension geometry. Besides that, i can't really comment because i don't know your driving style. Unless you're willing to shell out another 20K for a 350Z, you're going to have to adjust your driving style to suit the rolla.

I have never found my car 'hopping' through the corners unless I hit an expansion joint on a bridge or unless there really is some bumps in the road itself. Could take your car for a wheel alignment, I have put the specifications up in the workshop area so you can cross-check with whoever is adjusting it. I don't know much about tyres so can't comment on what your using.

sorry about exaggerating it... but you... you got my point... the expansion joints etc....

dont think it's wheel alignment etc... because i manage to happen on the stivos that i've had mh hands on

If you have 17" wheels, my guess is that you have 40profile tyres - trying dropping the tyre pressure down by 5psi up front and 8psi at the back. Yes, and slow down!

You could also try thicker sway bars front and rear, that will keep the car more level in the cornings to help it maintain suspension geometry. Besides that, i can't really comment because i don't know your driving style. Unless you're willing to shell out another 20K for a 350Z, you're going to have to adjust your driving style to suit the rolla.

planned to spend that kind of money in about 2 years time :D perhaps a lil bit more for a roadster

your problem is the tyre pressure. Your not on a race track your on the street drop them back down to about 32 or 34. You'll find they won't wear as quick either.

32/34... i will give that option a pass... it doesnt give that direct feeling :D hehe... but i might drop the rear down to 36 n see how it goes...

i once had all 4 on 36... didnt feel as great

Edited by Taijee

I know what you're talking about. I would experience the rear hopping out driving to city on the hume highway near enfield/croydon speed camera. There use to be a small speed hump / expansion point but that part of the road has been smoothed out now, so it doesn't happen anymore.

your problem is the tyre pressure. Your not on a race track your on the street drop them back down to about 32 or 34. You'll find they won't wear as quick either.

32/34... i will give that option a pass... it doesnt give that direct feeling :D hehe... but i might drop the rear down to 36 n see how it goes...

well mate, i'm telling you now the car will continue to hop around cos the pressure is just way way way too high for the street. When im racing my rolla legally, i only up the pressure to 40 cos its all you need. on the street, its so much better to drop it for dozens of reasons. Also, having front/rear different is stupid as well as it will just unbalance a car like the rolla.

34 each... its the way to solve your problem

I know what you're talking about. I would experience the rear hopping out driving to city on the hume highway near enfield/croydon speed camera. There use to be a small speed hump / expansion point but that part of the road has been smoothed out now, so it doesn't happen anymore.

and along princess highway as well... abit past sydney... around a corner... from the city toward hurstville

well mate, i'm telling you now the car will continue to hop around cos the pressure is just way way way too high for the street. When im racing my rolla legally, i only up the pressure to 40 cos its all you need. on the street, its so much better to drop it for dozens of reasons. Also, having front/rear different is stupid as well as it will just unbalance a car like the rolla.

i got 38 on my parents camry.... all smooth...

does 34 and 36 makes the big differ? because i had it on 36 once... not much differ...

haha... it's scary flooring around corner at 120~ dont know how smooth the road is

yeah it's gotta be the tyre pressure. no doubt at all. i run 32-34. the roads i drive to work on aren't the smoothest. but i can gt my tivo's tail out with full opp lock with out a problem on round-abouts and good benders, etc. no bounciness there either. it's a very soft and stable car for something that's meant to be sporty...

i experienced the car not exactly hopping around corners but sliding out like 5cm or so. this was from going around the corner at about 60km/h which was the speed limit and the road was made in sections and one section would be a little higher so it was like a small step on the road. going around a corner like that one with some speed will definatly result in loss of control.

does 34 and 36 makes the big differ? because i had it on 36 once... not much differ...

haha... it's scary flooring around corner at 120~ dont know how smooth the road is

lol, all i can say is if you're flooring it around a corner at over 120km/h and you don't know how smooth the road is, then you shouldn't really be going that fast, unless you want to possibly hit a pothole, or a big patch of gravel and lose control etc etc..

no offence intended ;)

muahahahahahahahaha

i experienced the car not exactly hopping around corners but sliding out like 5cm or so. this was from going around the corner at about 60km/h which was the speed limit and the road was made in sections and one section would be a little higher so it was like a small step on the road. going around a corner like that one with some speed will definatly result in loss of control.

yea... i experienced the same thing... um... a stivo jumping around is abit exaggeratd:)

lol, all i can say is if you're flooring it around a corner at over 120km/h and you don't know how smooth the road is, then you shouldn't really be going that fast, unless you want to possibly hit a pothole, or a big patch of gravel and lose control etc etc..

no offence intended ;)

muahahahahahahahaha

haha... it would suk balls...

almost rammed the mr2 into the pole before, going around 60 for a corner... tend to e alot of broken glass or maybe sand there... @.@ corner of forest road and croydon road at bexley area... i wonder why cant people clean the place up abit....

Edited by Taijee

this man has the answer... ;)

40psi is way too high, drop it back to 34-36

TYRE PRESSURE IS TOO HIGH. Then add a heavier rear sway and some stiffer springs if that isn't enough with some koni's or coilovers.

If it still jumps around then load the boot with bricks and run 40 psi....