RAV4 V6

melvinlau

• 2 weeks later...
Drove the new RAV4 V6 yesterday, goes like there is no tomorrow, I'd recommend paying the extra to go from the 4 cyl to the 6.

Will definitely try it out on Saturday. There is one in Nunawading Toyota in Melbourne. But as a father of 2, I am more interested in the new Kluger.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there is a sales stop on RAV4 V6 at the moment. Toyota suspect a problem with the ECU.

I think I just see one demo in the local dealership. Will they still offering test drives? :unsure: How about at WA?

• 4 weeks later...
Yes there is a sales stop on RAV4 V6 at the moment. Toyota suspect a problem with the ECU.

I think I just see one demo in the local dealership. Will they still offering test drives? :unsure: How about at WA?

I collected my sx6 rav4 , 7 days ago in WA. After trading in cruiser, only 5 months old....upgrade worth every cent. Quick is an understatement!

After doing a journey to margret river, fuel economy was pretty good...just watch that heavy foot though .... as 200 killer wasps throws you and your passengers back...it will give you a buzzzz .avg 10 litres per 100km so far. early days still!

Edited by hooker

i collected my sx6 rav , 7 days ago in WA. After trading in cruiser, only 5 months old....worth every cent. Quick is an understatement!

5 months old :spiteful: . I think I would too.

Love to race those stuff on a track once. :yahoo: . I will definitely put my Kluger in when it has run in properly.

Hi guys,

FIrsty, I apologise for being a noob and not posting in the noob thread but I'm very interested to know if the engine problems in the V6 have been resolved? And was it an ECU issue as Toyota suspected? I was at a dealer yesterday and they were perfectly happy to let me test drive and discuss pricing so it appears things have been fixed... ??

I'm sure the dealer will tell me it's all been sorted but sometimes I trust forums more than dealers :)

If everythings sweet I hope to have a CV6 by xmas .. hooray!

Shane

Hi guys,

FIrsty, I apologise for being a noob and not posting in the noob thread but I'm very interested to know if the engine problems in the V6 have been resolved? And was it an ECU issue as Toyota suspected? I was at a dealer yesterday and they were perfectly happy to let me test drive and discuss pricing so it appears things have been fixed... ??

I'm sure the dealer will tell me it's all been sorted but sometimes I trust forums more than dealers :)

If everythings sweet I hope to have a CV6 by xmas .. hooray!

Shane

HI Shane

They have been fixed, and they are working there way through the back log.. I saw official letter before getting mine! Enjoy you xmas pressie

I collected my sx6 rav4 , 7 days ago in WA. After trading in cruiser, only 5 months old....upgrade worth every cent. Quick is an understatement!

After doing a journey to margret river, fuel economy was pretty good...just watch that heavy foot though .... as 200 killer wasps throws you and your passengers back...it will give you a buzzzz .avg 10 litres per 100km so far. early days still!

Trading in 5mths old, i bought my Cruiser L in Feb, would love to change it to the ZR6. Did you loose a lot on trade? How many k's did u clock up. I've done 28000k's already.

Trading in 5mths old, i bought my Cruiser L in Feb, would love to change it to the ZR6. Did you loose a lot on trade? How many k's did u clock up. I've done 28000k's already.

I got trade in 30k for cruiser (manual) 8,500k's on the clock, with on road cost and a couple of extras, I had to find 15k extra driveaway for my new baby sx6.....it was a good deal. Would have prefered v6 to be available 5 months ago....such is life!!!

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone !

Newbie here but have Been Lurking around for about 2 months, so decided to join up !

I Picked Up my Rav4 SX6 V6 back on the 7th December, after waiting since end of October with the Engine Issues etc.

I came extremely close to pulling out of getting the Car, but I am glad I held on so to speak...

Have now clocked up 4,000 klms on my Silver SX6, & have to say its a Great Car!!

Very powerful, Also economical & gives the V8 Commodores a Run for the Money.....LOL

Tonnes of space for me, I traded in a 2005 X-trail & the Rav is a bigger car, the Interior trim is a much better quality & no rattles or squeaks to speak of..

Love the Sunroof, Tight Turning Circle, Blue-Tooth & ipod input in the Stereo !

About the Only Negative Is that I Wish Toyota Fitted a Tailgate like on O/seas models rather than sticking with the cumbersome rear door, but i can live with that..

Taking the Car up to the North Coast for A holiday at End of January Cant wait for the Effortless Drive

I live On the Central Coast & commute to Chatswood for Work, So if you See a Silver V6 Rav on the F3 Freeway, give me a beep or Wave.....LOL

Cheers

RodneyJ :D

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Was wondering if any Rav V6 owners have experience this problem. I had an engine warning light come on after filling the car with E10 (thought I'd dabble in environmental friendliness). I took the car in to toyota and they tell me the engine reported that it was running lean but assured me there's absolutely nothing wrong with the car and that the ECU is just over sensitive. They sent the data off to toyota HQ in hope that they would update the ECU software.

I've since finished the E10 fuel, filled it up with 95 premium and took it into to get the errors cleared. It's gone 2 days without a problem but now the warning lights are back on (in addition to the engine light, the 4x4 and VSC lights come on aparently because they're good frends with the engine light). Now the guys at the service center roll they're eyes and tell me that this is the fault of some stupid engineer who set the parameters in the system too conservatively but if this was the case then there would be many cases of this happening to new rav V6 owners...

has anyone else experienced this?

cheers

Shane

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

Was wondering if any Rav V6 owners have experience this problem. I had an engine warning light come on after filling the car with E10 (thought I'd dabble in environmental friendliness). I took the car in to toyota and they tell me the engine reported that it was running lean but assured me there's absolutely nothing wrong with the car and that the ECU is just over sensitive. They sent the data off to toyota HQ in hope that they would update the ECU software.

I've since finished the E10 fuel, filled it up with 95 premium and took it into to get the errors cleared. It's gone 2 days without a problem but now the warning lights are back on (in addition to the engine light, the 4x4 and VSC lights come on aparently because they're good frends with the engine light). Now the guys at the service center roll they're eyes and tell me that this is the fault of some stupid engineer who set the parameters in the system too conservatively but if this was the case then there would be many cases of this happening to new rav V6 owners...

has anyone else experienced this?

cheers

Shane

Hi I bought a SX6 in October 2007. I traded in my 2006 Rav4 Cruiser with 20,000kms and paid $10,000. Wish I had never bought it. Had it 1 week and was losing power at 60km/hr. Found out the day after picking it up Toyota stopped sales on it. Anyway, went back to dealer after 1 week of owning it, and they kept it for 1 month trying to figure out the problem and fixing it (Cornes Toyota Adelaide-**** MORONS). They figured it was an ABS module or so they tell me. Replaced the ABS module. At the same time I complained about a whine from the transmission from 40-55km/hr. They did nothing about it and the **** head Nick Manos at Cornes Toyota told me it was related to the software issue that was causing the loss in power. Pity I am a qualified mechanic and workshop manager, so I can't be bull****ted.

Received the car back after demanding and getting free side steps and 2 years extended warranty. Rang Toyota Australia the day after getting the car back and insisted they send out a Tech to listen to the transmission. They sent out David Lewis who told me it was a characteristic of the Rav4 V6 transmission and assured me the noise would not get any worse. Now, the car only had 380km when all this was occurring.

Sent my car back to Cornes last week 14 April 2008 with 5500km on the clock as the noise in the trans was getting worse. The got David Lewis to have a look at it and I was told that "It was an undesirable characteristic". What a load of ****.

Right now I am looking at getting rid of this heap of **** and buying a Mazda CX9.

For *** Sakes NO-ONE EVER go to Cornes Toyota Of Adelaide.

WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOYOTA EVER AGAIN.

• 4 months later...

Damn vassam, u stop this thread dead in it's tracks.

Anyway what did you end up doing?

Did you sell it or did you calm down and walk away happy when they sorted out your cars problems....?

Yeah these V6 go hard! Very toey i must say compared to my BA XR6 i just traded. If i just touch the pedal i'm doing 60+kph. Have to get used to the instant responce or my economy will go out the window :D

Not a lot of room under the bonnet to bolt a supercharger but..... :P

Crankn.