Ultratune vs Toyota

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask around here first. I am coming up to the 80k service on my Corolla Conquest, so that means all fluids, plugs, filters etc.

Is there any benefit staying with Toyota to get the service done? or will Ultratune do just as good a job?

I haven't got prices yet, but I would usually assume that Toyota would be more expensive?

Cheers,

C.j

All my services have been done by my local mechanic and there hasnt been a problem....

All toyota saw my car for was warranty issues

same all i got done at toyota was warranty stuff i do all my own servicing cause i trust myself to put the oil filter on the car and not in my toolbox <_< lol!

i think with mine it's part of the warrenty to get it serviced with toyota..........

Maybe i should clarify...because i bought my car from a toyota dealership a condition of the "extended" car warrenty is i get it serviced through toyota......

See my post in another thread("problems I don't understand")..I will be doing my own servicing on my Corolla(because I can), even with 12 months new car warranty still on it. I declined "Extended Warranty" offered by the dealer as I don't think any of them are worth the paper their written on,especially after you read them thoroughly and see all the loopholes and restrictions in them.

Did the same with my Camry and have not regretted it one bit.

Forgot to clarify, I don't have any waranty issues, so I can take it wherever. And they stamp the handbook anyways. I have already taken my car to Ultratune for the last to 10k services, but wan't to know if its worth going to Toyota for the ones that require new parts. I assume Ultratune just use basic brand replacements, whereas Toyota use genuine parts.

Cheers,

C.j

at the major service you replace things like the fuel filter in the tank etc. Claiming warranty is also a lot easier when only using genuine parts. Why not phone both places and get a quote on the 80K service, listing what they replace as part of the service and if they use genuine parts...

Just did that -

Toyota - $442

All genuine parts I would assume.

Ultratune - $381

All parts are equal or better. For example, they use genuine Toyota spark plugs and Magnatec oil.

He said, because they do a lot of services on new cars, they have to use good parts etc to maintain the standard to keep your waranty etc.

i think with mine it's part of the warrenty to get it serviced with toyota..........

Maybe i should clarify...because i bought my car from a toyota dealership a condition of the "extended" car warrenty is i get it serviced through toyota......

With Extended Dealer Warranty, you must get your car serviced at that dealership only for the extended warranty...

Check with the dealer you bought the car from to clarify however...

With Extended Dealer Warranty, you must get your car serviced at that dealership only for the extended warranty...

Check with the dealer you bought the car from to clarify however...

Yes, so we better to buy the car at the dealer that got good services department...In my case, Terry Shields Toyota, and I gave up the Extended plan...actually I think if I services with them, my car will dead with 3 years...and the extended warranty just won't help. :help:

When I went to my last dealer service to pick up my car, I swear I could hear the car being driven hard around in an upper level car park at the service centre. Low and behold, a young guy comes down the ramp in my car 5 minutes later.

When I went to get new tyres at bj, the tyre guy revs and launches the car on to the hoist. You can see the front part of the car bounce up and down a few times. It didn't matter to him whether the front lip scrapes against the hoist ramps.

I use to take my old ae82 to an Ultratune until they charged me $300 to adjust a hand brake claiming that they changed all the cables... at that time I didn't know any better. No surprise that ultratune franchise has closed down.

Out of the two, I'd still choose toyota dealer rather than ultratune. If someone knows of a decent mechanic let me know.