This place has gone to the hole...

MR22ZZ

i can understand where you guys are coming from. i have only been a member since december last year and hardly made a peep in commenting but i thats because i am using the search button and looking for it myself instead of waiting for it to jump straight on the screen.

for new members you need to have a good look around first and you will find what your looking for.

:)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can understand where you guys are coming from. i have only been a member since december last year and hardly made a peep in commenting but i thats because i am using the search button and looking for it myself instead of waiting for it to jump straight on the screen.

for new members you need to have a good look around first and you will find what your looking for.

Legend :clap:

Legend :clap:

x 2 ! :D

Azza, you just made me hungry....

Could there be a possiblity of a side bar which has a sticky of all the CAi/suspension/audio removal etc. post next to the reply page, so at least the 'noobie' user has an option of clicking on them? ...then if you find that the topic that is in fact brought up is a repeat thread, they can be shot/flamed etc.

As previously observered, the 2ZZ and IZZ's modficiation capabilities have almost been exhausted. Successful turbo and supercharging setups have highlighted this. Where to from here? I'm not too sure - there are only so many VTEC vs VVTi-L, Sportivo Vs Renault and Toyota unreliability/economy threads i can read.

Personally, I have found TOCA extremely helpful. From the glory days of the Goose, noobie questions about CAI's, suspension setups, and more importantly track day experiences/ feedback. I feel that from the responses that i've had with all my questions, all members are more than helpful to point me in the right direction in terms of modding, tracking and the legalities of the cans and can nots.

Maybe the promotion of a 'club', for example the personal contact part, should be more emphasised? Meet and greets, BBq's etc?

Jules.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5503

:o

Could there be a possiblity of a side bar which has a sticky of all the CAi/suspension/audio removal etc. post next to the reply pageso at least the 'noobie' user has an option of clicking on them? ...then if you find that the topic that is in fact brought up is a repeat thread, they can be shot/flamed etc.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5503

:o

Make it so*!! :help:

*i think that's a cheat for War Craft II :rolleyes:

i guess all i can say is ive enjoyed my time as a TOCAU member and i value all the information i can use thats been provided by everyone here, and ive tried to share everything i could to help others in here as well.

i do agree that things are getting stale here, but theres only so many things you can do to a car.

the search button works... but i guess some people expect all the info they want to come up in one convientient thread as if its wikipedia or something.

since TOCAU isnt wikipedia, it does take me heaps long to find things through the search, but it doesnt stop me from finding it.

rep system would be a major plus!

When would have time to attend cruises in between making all those incredibly yummy kebabs.... :P

Damn, I could go one now...

Azza im multi talented. i can come to the meets with some ready made kebabs and hand them out to everyone.. and if you ever feel like a kebab give me a shout and ill express post a nice kebab your way curtousy of SIM Kebab Raing Performance.

When would have time to attend cruises in between making all those incredibly yummy kebabs.... :P

Damn, I could go one now...

Azza im multi talented. i can come to the meets with some ready made kebabs and hand them out to everyone.. and if you ever feel like a kebab give me a shout and ill express post a nice kebab your way curtousy of SIM Kebab Raing Performance.

yum!!!

so how about you bring the kebabs and then we cruise......think of it as fuel for a long drive. :lol:

personally i wanna go for a drive down seacliff bridge.

sound like a plan???

when ya'll sydney sider's all free???

yum!!!

so how about you bring the kebabs and then we cruise......think of it as fuel for a long drive. :lol:

personally i wanna go for a drive down seacliff bridge.

sound like a plan???

when ya'll sydney sider's all free???

I did the nasho/seacliff bridge for the first time in the MR2 on the way home from megacruise.

definitely put a smile on my face :D

I had a mostly clear run all the way as well, at 6:00 in the afternoon... it was awesome, into the sunset.

There should by some more inspiration and motivation generated by the club.

I've suggested the Member of the Month idea used in other clubs earlier, which hopefully will be underway soon :whistling: , to help with it.

I'm sure there's plenty of other ideas to get get people inspired to try something new; nothing works best than some friendly competition (1/4 times and members rides etc..). As long as members are motivated to try new stuff or even take different routes of the existing modifications, the club will be healthy in my opinion.

As previously observered, the 2ZZ and IZZ's modficiation capabilities have almost been exhausted. Successful turbo and supercharging setups have highlighted this. Where to from here? I'm not too sure - there are only so many VTEC vs VVTi-L, Sportivo Vs Renault and Toyota unreliability/economy threads i can read.

These engines have no where near been exhausted?

2 Turbo setups does not in my mind define an exhausted modification route.

No one has as yet truly explored the NA route for the street with definitive numbers.

There is 1 S/C car in NZ with another on the way here.

There's also several other options going around the place which have not been demonstrated here as well...

I was thinking about this, and the amount of threads about cheap mods like CAI, exhaust, and rice vs. threads about hardcore stuff like forced induction, MoTec, stroked engines etc...

An observation: when a new product comes out or a group buy begins, people say "I would buy it but I don't have the money"... If they can't afford a CAI or a sway-bar, they aren't going to be the ones investing in a full forced induction setup now are they? But wait, if we take it right back to the beginning... if they did have "the money", would they have bought a Corolla in the first place? Doubtful. They might have just bought a car that is fast straight out of the box. This can also be related to the positive correlation between age and income... A lot of guys around here are young/students... The guys who have gotten serious are a few years out of school and would have had to work full-time for a number of years to afford the mods.

So we can see:

1) Corolla owners typically aren't super-wealthy

2) A Corolla isn't a performance car

3) Plenty of cash is needed to make a Corolla go like a performance car

So that's why these cars haven't been explored to the full performance extent... :g:

We've also been our worst own enemy in that when someone joins up with an older model car with a few questions, we're very quick to state ' refer to Toymods for your answer' ...

We should put a stop to that.

we don't though... we refer them to twincam.org...

Unless it's a KE, in which case they should go to Rollaclub

I have a foot in every camp (Rollaclub, Twincam, Toymods, here) so I'm happy

These engines have no where near been exhausted?

2 Turbo setups does not in my mind define an exhausted modification route.

No one has as yet truly explored the NA route for the street with definitive numbers.

There is 1 S/C car in NZ with another on the way here.

There's also several other options going around the place which have not been demonstrated here as well...

I was thinking about this, and the amount of threads about cheap mods like CAI, exhaust, and rice vs. threads about hardcore stuff like forced induction, MoTec, stroked engines etc...

An observation: when a new product comes out or a group buy begins, people say "I would buy it but I don't have the money"... If they can't afford a CAI or a sway-bar, they aren't going to be the ones investing in a full forced induction setup now are they? But wait, if we take it right back to the beginning... if they did have "the money", would they have bought a Corolla in the first place? Doubtful. They might have just bought a car that is fast straight out of the box. This can also be related to the positive correlation between age and income... A lot of guys around here are young/students... The guys who have gotten serious are a few years out of school and would have had to work full-time for a number of years to afford the mods.

So we can see:

1) Corolla owners typically aren't super-wealthy

2) A Corolla isn't a performance car

3) Plenty of cash is needed to make a Corolla go like a performance car

So that's why these cars haven't been explored to the full performance extent... :g:

MR2ZZ makes a good point. My bad. I take back the 'exhuasted options'. However, Tayles makes a point about the correlation between age and income.

From a driving enthusiast perspective, anything with wheels can have performance.

A trip to a track day will confirm this. Whether or not it is the little go-bang VTEC Civic, a holden VT station wagon (yes i have seen this) or a 1zzfe :toast: i believe that it is the driving spirit (i.e. us) that see the true potential of our own vehicles. I use this reasoning when I see rice burner lancers with cannons - some times, only the driver of the vehicle can understand. :rolleyes:

Performance can be interpreted through handling, power or both. To achieve handling performance, it doesn't require too much funds. 'Cosmetic' performance is obviously the more cheaper option.

Personally, the Corolla was a starting vehicle for my journey into the modding world and "mildly powered" introductory track car. I couldn't afford a "straight out of the box fast car", and i doubt that i would have learnt all i have about sway bars, cai's and suspension setups if i bought one. Like other modders, i earned "the money" incrementally and slowly added the modifications.

I'm not too sure how to sum it all up really. :unsure: This thread is way more interesting than studying for my Tourism Logistics exam...

Forever grateful for the exisitance of TOCA, the personalities, and the knowledge and jokes they bring. It's only up from here...maybe after a few more rants :whistling:

Jules

So who is going to organise the next QLD event??? I've had my fair share of goes at it. Time for someone else to step up to the plate. I'm glad to assist or help where i can but just don't have the time atm trying to complete 3 jobs and a house renovation.

If you build it they will come......

I've been trying for ages to get people to go out to QR for some forum building activities. Hence why I had recieved member of the month 3 months running :lol: But no one ever seems keen :( it is no worse on your car then how most drive on the street.

Some skermish might be fun, or another CES dyno day. But I know Bren has been too run off his feet to organise it and I'm too lazy :P

I've been trying for ages to get people to go out to QR for some forum building activities. Hence why I had recieved member of the month 3 months running :lol: But no one ever seems keen :( it is no worse on your car then how most drive on the street.

Some skermish might be fun, or another CES dyno day. But I know Bren has been too run off his feet to organise it and I'm too lazy :P

yeah wheres the dude that was selling the paintball tickets????? that sounds good

oh and yeah the syd-----> qld cruise of 08 should be looked into asap.

i wanna stay on a beach and im not sleeping in a tent.......heheheh cabin preferably please and could mr admin please look into it........ and could we decide on a date first?? i was thinking oct NSW labour day weekend its a long weekend for us here so we could all leave here friday night and leave qld sunday night or monday morning. it will be the first weekend in oct. or we could do the queens bday again. lets hope we don't bring our rain up there :lol: although rain could be good up there i know its much needed.