Would the Supercharged Silver Sportivo Please Stand Up

xoom

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

converted to MAP, not sure why you'd want to retain the MAF...

becuz we both know jase .... MAF > MAP in every way :P :P :P .... i mean MAF is FAR more accurate .... FAR less prone to faults and issues ..... and is just the way to go .... only newbies in the tuning scene would resort to MAP :P :P :P :P :P :P [/end sarcasm]

results from Greece

corolla_greddy.jpg

240NM peak torque and 205KW (roughly) estimated at the flywheel

So you are looking @ roughly 150-155kw @ the wheels ..... which is what i'd expect

So guys the results are starting to roll on in .... so who's next ? time to put some money where ur mouth is ;)

i watched this today.. Hmmm i wonder who it is? car looks very familiar lol

im taking one for the 1zz team haha will see how we go :whistling:

He's an old member :lol:

Once your kit is up and running Angelo would be interesting to see how it goes against this one.

whos this???

He isn't on this forum.

wtf? He's been a member on this forum longer than you have! :P

LOL Dave come on!! Look at the colour of the car and the headlights, its obvious.

Not to mention the name of the person who posted the video, but anyway :P

should give a sportivo a run for its money ;) ;) ;)

without a doubt it would absolutely munch most sportivo's on this site.

will be interesting to c what it can pull down the 1/4 ..... im predicting a high 14 sec pass

will be interesting to c what it can pull down the 1/4 ..... im predicting a high 14 sec pass

hmm seeing how a 1ZZ gets off the line quicker that a 2ZZ anyway, i would reckon closer to a mid-low 14. Still, thats pretty dam awesome, and better than most of the sportivos that have been to the strip anyway.

hmm seeing how a 1ZZ gets off the line quicker that a 2ZZ anyway, i would reckon closer to a mid-low 14. Still, thats pretty dam awesome, and better than most of the sportivos that have been to the strip anyway.

from what i could find all the s/c 1zz's seem to however around the 14.7 mark ..... now either they are all crap drivers and it should go lower or its going to take a bit more umph to get the car any quicker or some tricks around the sussy/tyres etc to get it off the mark quicker ..... i dunno mate i could be eating my own words later but i cant see it dropping below a 14.5 .... now if u throw semi's, lsd etc etc then u could get her down to low 14's high 13's i would imagine ..... could be wrong ;)

Just thought I would add that I believe Link G3s have VVTLi support as well, however they are not a plug and play job for a Sportivo, not even sure if Link have done a Celica loom, so full wiring needs to be done.

Power FC does the same job and is cheaper and easier though so it doesn't really matter :P

And I also predict if 1ZZFZE gets his car sorted (especially the obvious intake charge temp problem :P ) should be low 14's all day. Make sure you do the VVTi right JP, that is where you make the midrange torque! Oh and get new injectors so you can smash it to at least 7k rpm - it would still be making power up there with the blower I imagine.

Edited by Mintos

if the revlimit was raised it would make more power, not game to raise it with a stock long motor at the moment, once we have a spare then it will be put up for ****s and giggles...

With a refined tune it should do an easy 120kw atw. The map's pretty rough at the moment (90% street tuned with wideband) but extremely torquey on the street. The 113 was also done with one of those stupid exhaust silencer plates in the exhaust, which is now gone since the final mufflers have been installed.

Will get around to booking some dyno time eventually and finish it off

Edited by rollamods

so when do you reckon you can give us some final KW and quarter mile time. im really pleased on the progress and potential this rocket has.

its actually a different car they are talking about above. The s/c 1ZZ should be looking at about 120kw at the wheels with a low 14s 1/4 (I imagine)

The 2ZZ s/c should be more around 160/170kw atm so maybe a high 13 if they do it properly